Damian - smp at his hair clinic

Hello everybody,

The following case its a patient from Spain who underwent recently his SMP treatment at HIS HAIR Clinic in Marbella. The patient is extremely happy with his result and he wanted to share his experience with all of us.

Here you can see his BEFORE and AFTER.

BEFORE

AFTER

Here we can examine some photos taken outside to see how he looks in his day by day.

_9796859968_zps2beae752.jpg

_8939696750_zps67786a71.jpg

_7569905763_zpsc4923aa1.jpg

_6178889888_zpsc496da87.jpg

_5986657777_zps49d356d7.jpg

_5967197827_zpsab986069.jpg

_3512121280_zpsbb6b434b.jpg

_2222315032_zps9eaabe64.jpg

_1314143414_zpsb5aff08c.jpg

_0568875097_zpsd3bedddf.jpg

_0320200032_zps9232ccb3.jpg

_0010442420_zpsd761cfe3.jpg

_6955365579_zpsc67581fd.jpg

_9699615694_zpsdfb8f027.jpg

_9587932122_zps1da0ac52.jpg

_5887569176_zpsb6211aa6.jpg

_4144463047_zps22cc6cc5.jpg

_3214485886_zps38c96cf9.jpg

_0504223126_zps180daee7.jpg

_9965667196_zps62c20a2b.jpg

_9926835988_zpsbb94bf34.jpg

_9678979568_zpsacbc4211.jpg

_8975774878_zps42a58a27.jpg

_8004341444_zpsf6657c4b.jpg

_7875977632_zps176265b2.jpg

_7179757717_zps4739e75d.jpg

_4021340232_zpsaacb57be.jpg

_3422195875_zps114506c8.jpg

I'm a hair transplant consultant since 2004 and I have been a patient few times, if you need assistance I'm here to help.

Consultant for HDC Clinic

Mail: escar@hdc.com.cy / Whatsapp: +34 644 728 567 / 

My case

Its not too bad, but I'm not impressed with the overly drawn hairline. Looks kinda odd, and it took me a while to figure out why. First, I thought it was ungraduated and too symmetrical. But you have to realize many a natural NW1 is just like that. Then, the penny dropped. It is incongruent. The sharp hairline doesn't match the worn and very natural but unsymmetrical lines on the forehead. The guy is a good looker, but not a baby face. He wears the mean worn, been around look well, and with all the swagger it comes off as too picture perfect, the hairline, that is. I don't know what the answer is. It isn't obvious at certain light levels.

Yeah, the hairline seems a bit too perfect on the guy. If I was him I would have razor shaved the head and went about my business being a stud. I assume the guy is happy with it and that is all that matters. It doesnt look bad, it just doesnt look perfectly natural. It would also be nice to see some really up close shots on a folicular level. I feel that smp is awesome for adding to hair and transplant, but on bare skin, I just don't think it will ever look great, its still 2 dimensions no mater what you do.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hello and thank you for the comments,

Regarding the result, I personally believe that the appearance of the guy match perfectly the reality, if I had seen the guy on the street without knowing in advance that he had an SMP, Im pretty sure that even with my trained eye I would have never imagined that this was not his hair.

I got this conclusion after I have experienced the SMP by HIS HAIR in my own skin. Sometimes I was looking in the mirror to try to find and locate the points from the smp to differentiate from the others produce by "real hair" and see exactly the result produced by the SMP and virtually my mind were unable to process it for a while, what happen I guess is some kind of automatic response from the mind, your mind knows that below those bald areas there is an SMP but your eyes just see a shaved head, so the message processed by the brain is that you are seeing a non bald guy.

By the way, these pics and video were taken between sessions and from my experience I know that after one month the intensity of the colour still will fade a bit so Im sure that the appearence of the guy is fully natural nowadays.

I understand that the design of the guy from the photos it can give the impression that it is too straight but actually it is not, in this photo you can see how it follows the normal shape from typical male pattern producing an smooth appearance from every angle.

_9440144053_zps8dbb9056.jpg

_2432351047_zpsa21927d6.jpg

Even for more naturalness 3 small scars were left empty deliberately.

_7875977632_zpsbac55b80.jpg

_59866577771_zps1fc3ef46.jpg

And about to shave your head and just move on with your life it can be a solution for a while but I don't think that this will satisfies many people in long term as I was shaving my head for ten years before to decide to proceed with my first HT which as a disaster by the way, and the reason is because there is a huge difference between balding and shaved looking.

There are many examples of people with amazing hair who likes to shave their head, Vald?s from Barca, Piqu?, actors, singers, my neighbour....etc..

valdes2_zpsd88133cd.jpg

V-ctor-Vald-s-victor-valdes-2640497-638-473_zps364e8e8f.jpg

pique-rapado_MDSIMA20130424_0042_38_zps9f0e9ed5.jpg

pique_zps3c0360b3.jpg

valdes_zps6a3268e5.jpg

Victor-Valdes-comparece-medios_zps3158b6d4.jpg

Difference between bald and shaved

SLAL-pique-travolta-650x392_zps9d19af64.jpg

I'm a hair transplant consultant since 2004 and I have been a patient few times, if you need assistance I'm here to help.

My case

I will upload shortly another very nice result performed recently on an spanish client, for the moment you can see here some good close up views of the first line.

image1_zpsd41aa997.png

image_zps306c9400.png

My case

Of your five guys with shaved heads above....(and they may be SMP for all I know, so spoiler alert) you notice one thing, especially in the first three, and particularly in the first two. And what is it? Well, the master exclaimed, look at the hairline. Follow it to the point of the temple. Where does it weaken? Where is almost invisible? It is at the temple meeting. The temple corner is almost invisible!!! And so to is it on all natural hairlines, well, almost all. But not so in the world of SMP...and the HT world I might add. In the SMP samples, you can see the 90 corner. Stands out, and I say it for effect and Brit parlance, like dogs b*lls. Or is that Aussie?

Of your five guys with shaved heads above....(and they may be SMP for all I know, so spoiler alert) you notice one thing, especially in the first three, and particularly in the first two. And what is it? Well, the master exclaimed, look at the hairline. Follow it to the point of the temple. Where does it weaken? Where is almost invisible? It is at the temple meeting. The temple corner is almost invisible!!! And so to is it on all natural hairlines, well, almost all. But not so in the world of SMP...and the HT world I might add. In the SMP samples, you can see the 90 corner. Stands out, and I say it for effect and Brit parlance, like dogs b*lls. Or is that Aussie?

I dont understand what do you mean, in the case that I posted the angles looks soft and natural, here it can be seen.

_7875977632_zps176265b2.jpg

_4144463047_zps22cc6cc5.jpg

_1314143414_zpsb5aff08c.jpg

_0320200032_zps9232ccb3.jpg

My case

Excuse for my poor english, I thought you were talking about the meeting point between temporal peaks and first line, this is why I shown these examples, to demonstrate how of nicely were blended.

My case

I'm sure you mean well, when you say' " excuse my English"

By the way, I got 'C' for English at 17 and flunked outta High school, and I am a 'native' speaker too.

Maybe you are being coy because it gives you a chance to show the nice blended angles?

(Again)

So it's my poor English, not yours, that is wanting.

The corners fade on natural buzzed heads. On SMP heads they don't fade, because the

SMP techs, like robots, apply the same amount of ink, at the same pressure, in the areas where they should ease off.

Example, the corners at the temples. You shouldn't be able to even see the corners.

Hi Scar5,

It is not the first time that you talk to me in a disrespectful manner and I dont know why, I think that this is not correct so I suggest you to change your attitude.

Concerning me, it is a shame that this forum doesn't allow external links, because you could have checked my profile, Im spanish native and Im a forum member in the spanish forums since 10 years ago.

Excuse me if sometimes I do not laugh your jokes but as I said, my English is limited.

My case

escar,

So we both suck at English:) cool...

Now, I think your memory is a little off, as you were out of line with me, not the other way around, and you were warned too, by another member for it, so let's stick to the issue of hairlines.

Now what I am talking about is this.

In the the first three pictures you presented, as examples of people with buzzed heads (or at least I assume so, but they may, well be SMP for all I know) I see something very obvious about them, compared to this guy you present as an SMP guy.

It is this.

The hairline loses definition as it approaches the temple. The line also fades into the skin, as it rises up from the temples to meet the hairline at the temple point. So much so, that you cannot see the corner at all. On the SMP guy, you can see the corner.

So what I am saying is with SMP, you don't get the fade. you get a consistent color as the hairlines meet at the temple, where as on a natural buzzed heads, the fade is so strong, you can barely see the 'corner'. Getting this right, I feel, could be a key to making SMP better. And as I said, this guy is far from bad.

That, IMO, makes it look somewhat artificial, or at least somehow contributes to the slightly strange look, especially at certain light.

Edited by scar5

Hi Scar5,

I understand what you say about temple points and the problem of being excessively defined and I'm sure that there will be a lot of examples of SMP procedures with this problem that you pointed out, actually I'm of the same opinion, temples points excessively marked will look artificial most of the times.

From my experience in my own skin and from what I've seen in other procedures carried out at HIS HAIR, this is not an issue for them, the case of the thread is an example of this, his temple points looks completely natural, not excessively marked, depending on the light you virtually cannot see them.

Untitledpicture_zpsdb6e71ae.png

The video of AFTER the SMP is explicit in this aspect, here you can see how it looks in movement, the temple points are smoothly defined, as I said before, if I had not known beforehand that he had an SMP I would have never guessed.

My case

I think temple points on this guy - and by temple point, I think you mean the part that sticks out the most at the temple- is alright.

The bit I mean is the "corner" (whatever it is called ?) the 90 degree turn the hairline makes as it comes down to the temple. That is a danger zone for SMP. IMO..

On this guy, in the first pic, the light is shining on it, directly on top of it, and so the bright light hides it, but it would be more obvious otherwise.

But that is not this guys only problem.

His hairline at the front is too straight, too "deliberate" , and it seems strange, especially given the very odd angles of the creases on his forehead. See what I mean?

The other problem, of the "big three problems of SMP" is the color. But on this guy, possibly due to his skin tone being quite olive or at least not pink and white, looks good and the color does not seem odd.

But the big three issues for SMP design are still, I think,

1) The corners as I describe above

2) the hairline being painted along an imaginary line and looking too straight

3) the color of the ink on fairer skin