Dr. Ron Shapiro – 1 Yr Strip Result - 3548gr/7164 hairs

That guy is really lucky to have that curly light hair. Few guys cant get such a restorations with that few of grafts. I will say that his hairline is too high for my taste. It could have been a doctor decision or a pt decision, but there comes a point when hair looks like it is just sitting on top of your head. Am I being unreasonable?

It looks great as usual overall though, and I am sure that the guy is thrilled.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Very nice result for this guy. That light curly hair really does go a long way doesn't it? @Spanker yeah I think you are being a bit picky with your critique of this patient. The only time I think that hair looks like it is just "sitting on top of your head" is when the patient has deep recession in the temple point area... that can look a little weird imho, almost like a toupee. This patient has some temple points left, not much but some, so I think it works for him. For the amount of grafts it is really good.

Spanker,

One's own opinion on what they'd prefer isn't being unreasonable, imo :).

The patient is very happy with his results, however, he did go into hair restoration thinking one session wasn't going to be enough to address all the areas he wants addressed. The doc and patient agreed on achieving a good foundation then add accordingly in the second session. He'll be coming soon for the next session.

Thanks Spankers and Staggerlee for your feedback.

Edited by Janna
unfinished post

I think its a good result , he went from nothing on top to a nice head of hair, he covered most of the area with less then 4000 grafts, that's AWSOME, and hes happy, if he wanted a second procedure to lower the hairline or hit the crown he has that option, bottom line it looks natural and that's what its all about, he also has the option to style his hair now, I forgot how that feels,lol. is patient on meds and how did the scar turn out.

Very nice result for this guy. That light curly hair really does go a long way doesn't it? @Spanker yeah I think you are being a bit picky with your critique of this patient. The only time I think that hair looks like it is just "sitting on top of your head" is when the patient has deep recession in the temple point area... that can look a little weird imho, almost like a toupee. This patient has some temple points left, not much but some, so I think it works for him. For the amount of grafts it is really good.

I am a strong supporter of SMG, they are one of the top clinics of the world. I just stated that there is a point that the hairline looks like hair sitting on the head. The pts forward pic looks like it is skating that direction, but, like I said, overall it looks good and natural and excellent for the graft number. Picky? Maybe. But that is a good thing IMO when it comes to hair restoration. Like I said. I would be very happy if I were the pt. I would just shoot to lower the hairline a bit. No biggie.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I am a strong supporter of SMG, they are one of the top clinics of the world. I just stated that there is a point that the hairline looks like hair sitting on the head. The pts forward pic looks like it is skating that direction, but, like I said, overall it looks good and natural and excellent for the graft number. Picky? Maybe. But that is a good thing IMO when it comes to hair restoration. Like I said. I would be very happy if I were the pt. I would just shoot to lower the hairline a bit. No biggie.

Yup no biggie for sure. When he goes back for his second procedure he'll look all that much better.

How much does he plan on pushing the hairline in his second transplant?

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Looks great. As has been said, the patient's curly blond hair really helps with the coverage and an amazing transformation was possible with relatively few grafts. Best of luck to him with his second procedure!

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

His hairline isnt' going to be brought down very much, it's not his goal. Covering towards the crown is more important to him. For now he's happy to have the stand alone procedure and can do another procedure whenever he's ready.

That sounds great. I'm anxiously awaiting my post-op photos. I just had my HT with Dr Paul 2 weeks ago today while you were out of the office. I am thrilled, yet anxious. My little hairs are starting to shed, just when I was getting used to them.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

*74 quadruples.

Non-Surgical Treatments:

Nice work Janna.

Curly hair is great for coverage.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

that's great nick heal well and great growth to you, how many grafts did you get.

About 3300 grafts. However, I think I lost one on day 2. :(

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

*74 quadruples.

Non-Surgical Treatments:

Oh, oh........we better start over!:D

Sorry I missed you but do keep us updated of our progress.

Oh, oh........we better start over!:D

Sorry I missed you but do keep us updated of our progress.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

• 1 month later...

Looks awesome! I'm definitely very jealous of his hair characteristics. I have straight, super dark brown (almost black) hair!!! This result definitely made this guy look years younger! Excellent job as usual SMG!!!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.