Show of interest for Dr De Reys's to apply for recommendation!

Hey guys.

Over the past year or so, the forum has been adding an array of excellent FUE/Strip physicians like Bisanga, Mwamba, Hakan Doganay etc and continue to look and ask for more. I did reach out to Dr De Reys personally to see if he was interested in our little(big) forum and his representative was quite interested and said he would relay back to Dr De Reys. I'm trying to get the ball rolling on this side as to maybe entice Dr De Reys in considering showing us his great results for potential recommendation.

De Reys is located in Belgium and practices manual FUE exclusively. He and his wife(a qualified nurse) do all the extracting, punching, implanting etc so it is very direct. He prefers to cap his daily sessions at circa 1,500-1,800 per day and to do larger quantities over several days. He works on most Norwood types but is realistic about what can be achieved. He was the lead surgeon at ProClinic but left a few years ago and is now on his own. His rates are also much less than his European colleagues. His prices are as follows:

1000 grafts : 3000 euros

1500 grafts : 4000 euros

2000 grafts : 5000 euros

2500 grafts : 6000 euros

3000 grafts : 7000 euros

If anyone has had any interaction, conversations, consultations, procedures, before/afters, result photos etc with Dr. De Reys please express/present them in this thread. I feel he is a hidden gem and is often overlooked and has his own niche that caters for people looking for cheap, manual FUE in Europe with intimate(not like that hehe) contact with their surgeon.

Edited by Mickey85

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good FUE Doc, i looked into Reys a few years ago and struggled to find much of his work, however look up prohair results on youtube before 2011 i think and you shall find as you state he was head of this clinic then. Some very nice results and some patients i have spoke to, state he has a big portfolio of what he has done since he left Prohair.

Mickey,

The quickest way to get the ball officially rolling is to put his clinic representative in contact with Bill. From there, Bill can (potentially) start the recommendation process and present his case to the community.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Mickey,

Dr. De Reys was considered for potential recommendation years ago. However, due to his clinic's unwillingness to address several questions/concerns regarding his technique on this community, we decided not to proceed with recommending him.

The above was a long time ago and if I'm correct, he now works for another clinic. Perhaps it's worth contacting him again and inviting him to begin presenting examples of his results on this forum in consideration for recommendation.

I will reach out to him in the coming weeks and extend an invitation to him.

Best wishes,

Bill

P.S. I previously interviewed him via Skype and personally, I thought Dr. De Reys was providing very sound and realistic FUE at Pro Hair Clinic. I should note that it appeared that the clinic he previously worked for (not Dr. De Reys himself) didn't seem to want to address some of the questions/concerns posed by forum members at the time.

Thanks Bill :D Great news. He has gone off on his own actually and is in the process of building a new clinic for himself. I received word from his rep just before hehe. He said he would certainly consider it in the near future("very near future" exact words)! I know there were problems(i think it was regarding exactly WHO was the lead surgeon present whilst he was at ProHair clinic) but now it is just him and his wife.

Edited by Mickey85

I reckon he'll tell you three things. Research, research and a bit more research. :)

As Mickey said, I met Dr De Reys 2 months ago for a consultation. He collected myself and my gf from the Heist-Op-Dem-Berg train station and brought us to his house. His clinic was getting renovated at the time, and is actually an extension of the house. Because I could not enter it, I could not pass comment on the clinic itself. My consultation was held in his living room. Bare in mind this was also on a Saturday evening at around 5pm, so the doc had gone out of his way to meet me.

Both he and his wife (qualified nurse) inspected my scalp. They work as a 2-person team for surgery. One thing that I noticed people have reservations about when learning this is the fatigue factor etc. I can tell you that to remedy this, they don't actually work 5 working days per week in the clinic.

Say for example if they had a 3000 FUE case. This person would be down for a 2-day procedure, for example on a Monday/Tuesday. Dr De Reys would, from what I understand, not schedul anybody in for that Wednesday, but may have a one-day session with somebody on the Thursday, and may have the Friday free. He mentioned that this approach works best for them from a rest/recovery point of view, as opposed to firing through 5 consecutive days per week.

He does appear to have a LOT of cases in his personal files. It's a pity more of them don't appear online.

From what I understand, he is a relative conservative doc in terms of design. For my case he estimated 1500 grafts, whereas the other 3 docs I met suggested 2000, 1800-2250, and 2800 each.

He is a very affordable alternative that's for sure. I do feel he should do himself a favour and that he should make his results more accessible to the public, particularly when the top FUE clinics in Turkey have so many results online and are also very cheap.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Mick, how do you know all this stuff? You're very clued in for a poster...

This forum means alot to me buddy. Anything i can do to help people, i will attempt. All for free, I don't make one cent off anyone in the hair transplant field. If i feel the forum would benefit from a particular surgeon's induction, i will take it upon myself to try get things going on both ends. I did email Dr De Reys and his rep told me about their future plans. Thanks for all the support and compliments my friend.

Edited by Mickey85

Yea I'd like to recommend Mickey as a moderator on here or something, guys devoted to this forum more than anyone else

Man i just wanna give you a big bro-hug right now heheh. Thanks for the compliments champ. Im here anytime you need to chat.

I agree that Dr De Reys seems conservative in his graft estimate. That can be good as you will not exhaust all your donor. From pictures he recommended I have 2200 grafts when some others recommended 3000.

I like his work. In my case he recommended the same number of grafts as other doctors. Unfortunately it was hard to keep the communication with him for some reason I am not aware of.

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).

Thanks for your honest expression of your experience with Dr De Reys Denny. That is unfortunate and would be interesting to see what Dr De Reys says about that and what he plans to do to prevent that from happening.

I wish I could post some of his Q&A videos from Youtube on here but it is restricted. He tells alot about his philosophy and work ethic which I found really interesting. He really prides himself on being there in every part of the process, punching, extraction and implanting. Explains how he avoids fatigue and why he prefers manual punches over motorized. Seems like a really pleasant Doctor.

He has got back to my emails quickly. Well his rep has after talking to him.

Likewise, but mine could have just been the time difference. I sent his rep an email and received a reply within 20 minutes. Of course I'm not negating Denny's experience or making any excuses at all.

I know the videos you are talking about Mickey. They are very informative. He answered only my first e-mail. Since then, I have sent another 3 e-mails with no response. I am not allowed to post here the e-mail I have been using but I believe it was his personal e-mail address.

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).