11000 grafts still need more. Bht the only option

Hi guys

So I'm heading for my 4th ht.iv basically used most of my grafts up and probably need another 2000 in the crown area.Im hoping to address my scar with chest hair and hopefully use the remainding scalp +beard hair into the crown

I'm just wondering is chest hair recommended for on top of the head too? As I'd like to use them as a filler in areas that are scalpy,do the hairs have the same characteristics as the would on the chest or would the eventually straighten out.

I'm not on any meds which I think has been my down fall as iv seen many cases reach there goals with smaller ht's than my first 1 which was over 6000 grafts with dr wong and iv had 2 more since with dr rahal who I'd highly recommend.hopefully 4th time luck:D

john2009, Long time no see Bro. You should go with a doctor who has wide experience in BHT and full confidence in operating it with many cases to show.

I would recommend two doctors which I find the best in the world in BHT (Dr. Bisanga and Dr. Umar). If you find them both expensive and out of your budget then you can give it a try with Dr. Bhatti in India as he has shown many BHT results online. Im sure he can show you more privately if asked.

BHT is completly different than normal FUE. Not every talented FUE doctor means that he is good in BHT. You have to be crystal clear sure that it will be performed ONLY with MANUAL PUNCHES less than 0.8 mm. Beard Hair SHOULD NOT be extracted using Motor no matter who is your SURGEON!

Wish you all the best my Rahal mate, If you are not taking any meds you should atleast try saw palmetto 500mg and Minoxidil 5% otherwise no matter how much hair you implant it will be subjected to fall. So did you decide which Doctor to go with? Curios :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Have you got pictures of your donor region/scaring john2009 and also the recipient?

I wouldn't recommend chest hair on the top.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thanks HARIRI Dr Bhatti 5th of June so not long now!

Hi Chris yes il try and upload them now.the second pictures isn't great because I had to use my I pad.

Sorry chris I can't figure out how to put them up.iv had this problem before I'm not great with computers, copy and paste is about a technical as I get and It's says up from your URL :confused:

Don't worry John2009- I am not that great with computers either. :cool:

You just have to click on the little paperclip icon when you reply on the post and it should allow you attach any pictures.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thanks HARIRI Dr Bhatti 5th of June so not long now!

Hi Chris yes il try and upload them now.the second pictures isn't great because I had to use my I pad.

Sorry chris I can't figure out how to put them up.iv had this problem before I'm not great with computers, copy and paste is about a technical as I get and It's says up from your URL :confused:

Here is my BHT best advice. Never use chest hair anywhere on the scalp, you can use it ONLY for covering your scar if you insist. However you can use Beard hair for the crown ONLY and Nape hair for hairline or temple points. Good luck with Dr. Bhatti and dont forget to demand him to extract your body hair manually to avoid any noticeable dots.

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Why do you feel like you need more after 11k. Are you looking to have everything covered and not willing to concede even a bald spot in the crown. Just curious as 11k should be enough to get most NW 6 in good shape. Was your hair to graft ratio low perhaps?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Hi guys

I'm not on any meds which I think has been my down fall as iv seen many cases reach there goals with smaller ht's than my first 1 which was over 6000 grafts with dr wong and iv had 2 more since with dr rahal who I'd highly recommend.hopefully 4th time luck:D

People who don't take meds, read this over and over again.

Sorry for your situation bro. I really hope it works out for you, and I think we'd all like to see how things turn out after your latest procedure. It would be interesting to see photos, but from the photos you posted, I don't think you look bad, thin certainly, but not "unnatural".

I am confused. The photos I saw after your H&W procedure, something terribly drastic must have happened for another 5k to not be enough...

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Hi Chris iv tried but it doesn't seem to work from my I pad

Hariri would you be able to put some of the pictures up that iv sent you?no face one tho

Thanks buddy :)

Can't decide I'd be happy with a little bold spot! But unfortunately that's not the case my crown quite bad. Dr Rahal did work on my hairline on the second op which has improved a lot and on the 3rd added some density but just didn't have the grafts to be able to make a difference

I'm not saying anything went wrong after the first 6000 grafts but when I contacted Dr wongs office about a 2nd ht they asked for pictures and said I'd need 4000 grafts to address the problem. Which was the same quote they had given me before they had done my first ht

Once I'd told them I'd already had 6000+ grafts with them they did apologize and offer a discounted rated which I appreciated but I'd made my mind up on Dr rahal

I was happy with dr wongs work at the time though.I think the meds has been my problem iv tried twice to take the but just can't

I see a lot of people with my degree of hairloss on this site asking for advise on grafts and being told 4-6000 ..well if your not on meds and your hair it's thick be prepared for that count to go up:(

Here you go Bro

For your info Guys, He had unsatisfied session with Dr. Wong around 6000 grafts for his hairline then a strip with Rahal on Summer 2011 same time with me for his hairline as well and around 3000+ grafts then FUE 1637 grafts with Rahal for his mid scalp and crown area as well last year.

Here are his results after the last session 5 months post OP (First 5 pics) and his Pre FUE Op photo (last 3 photos).

Strip scars are pain in the ass indeed :mad:

5b32d86e12a2e_image(1).jpeg.b98ed0929f88d92107d7b9d1d32dcc02.jpeg

5b32d86e30dbc_image(2).jpeg.2275704e97260b130359d7a79fca9d2a.jpeg

5b32d86e50259_image(3).jpeg.aab7dcc9319ed8f65e730729e3b25b15.jpeg

5b32d86e6699d_image(4).jpeg.0c7f66a74fee394c80bcf385200a4113.jpeg

5b32d86e8ac87_image(5).jpeg.ab1c41fa40a07459a828991d95320633.jpeg

IMG_8673.jpg.41c35ff8e4d812c1253bd053a7a81d21.jpg

IMG_8664.JPG.2ac118d80ac2af1d5bc084e9f73c5d16.JPG

IMG_8656.JPG.8ab08ce70d9622a429149b999516f3b7.JPG

Edited by HARIRI

My Hair Treatments:

I must really be missing somthing. The crown and hair overall does not look bad at all. What am I missing here? You used up 6000+3000=9000 on just the front half before touching the crown? Your crown does not appear that bad at all. I admit the scar is not good but overall, not bad.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Had you already had your hair line work on your before pic on your website or is that just the way you went bald?

I have to tell you, from your pics, you have come a really long way. I think it looks good, but can understanding wanting the crown completed.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

im pullin for you bro, 11,000 grafts is alot , do you think that one of your surgeries, yield was a problem?, without pictures from each surgery its hard to tell ,i would think the mid scalp would be thicker, i know crowns are the black hole ,as far as grafts are concerend,you went to two of the top ht doctors in the industry,i hope this latest surgery gets you where you want to be. have you thought about using concelears or trying to grow the hair out a bit, maybe you will get more coverage, good luck and hang in there

John,

Sorry to hear about this. Like a few others are saying, 11,000 grafts, especially spread out over several procedures, is pretty significant. I'm wondering, are you using any preventive medications like finasteride or minoxidil?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Can't see.the pictures make my hair look thicker than it is..in day light with a camera not and I phone itscvery noticeable.. I wear a hat ninety percent of the time and then concealer at weekends but didn't have any on a few weeks ago and a friend made a comment about why don't I shave my head because I look like I'm 40 when iv not hat on.. When you say your missing something? I'm not sure what you mean?

My first op was 6300 grafts covering my hole head(think you can see the pictures on my profile)my 2nd was I think 3200 which worked out about 1600 each side of my hair line and the 3rd 1600 was placed in the area that is circled out on the bottom left picture that Hariri kindly put up for me... Hope that helps

Spanker. Thanks it's been a long time to get to this stage hopefully this is the last time! No that was just how I went bold but I'm fairly sure all of my natural hair his now gone

Ko the 3rd ht results are on the top row of pictures Hariri put up.I think my hair is still improving but the crown wasn't touched.. I had actually paid for 3000 grafts but wasn't to be .. Dr rahal did say he thought I'd be able to get another 1000 at a later date tho :)

Thanks sadbuttrue.. Well after the 6300 grafts iv had to address the hairline mid section and now crown again so I'm going to have to say the first op.. If I could go back it time I wouldn't have spaced to 6300 grafts over such a large area .. I do have a lot more pictures of before and after each HT and plan to do a write up on my next one with Dr Bhatti I'm just going to have to bribe Hariri into helping me as that's why iv given up before!

Hi John

No I'm not on any meds which is why I think I'm where I am today. If I could have kept taking finasteride I'm sure half my grafts would have been enough but I tried before my first op taking 1 tablet then tried halving them on Dr wongs advice after the 1st op... Then tried cutting them into 4 but still the same side effects ..

John2009, What is Dr. Bhatti's plan for you? How many quoted grafts and from where is he going to extract them plus how will he use them? Also how will he extract them and how much is he charging you per graft?

Just curious Buddy :-)

My Hair Treatments:

• 8 months later...

Im getting bht with dr bhatti in 2 months. I will be getting around 1,000-1,500 beard hair and maybe 500 chest hair and thickening up density all over my head. Why is beard hair only allowed to be used in the crown? I feel with me buzzing my hair it can blend in very well to give me more denisty.

John2009, glad to know you that your final HT will be done by Dr. Hakan Doganay on April as you will use what is remaining in your beard to cover your crown. Hope this 2014 will be the end of your HT adventure. Also I believe before 2020 we will have a cure of baldness :-)

My Hair Treatments:

John2009, glad to know you that your final HT will be done by Dr. Hakan Doganay on April as you will use what is remaining in your beard to cover your crown. Hope this 2014 will be the end of your HT adventure. Also I believe before 2020 we will have a cure of baldness :-)

i hope your right, but sadly, i dont think so, even if they did the first 10-20 years would be trial and error, in 25-30 years it will prob be like you said,, completely safe and cured