What Do People Here Suggest ?

Hey Guys,

I need a sincere/genuine suggestion from you guys here people who have knowledge about Hair Transplant Procedure and the Pro's and Con's of it. I know how it feels to someone if he has lost all his hair and if someone with just a minor problem asks for suggestion, people start looking at him with Prejudice so I hope though mine is a improved case people dont look and answer my question with extreme prejudice.

I am not Bald atall, Nor am I losing hair atall. I have a very deep gone inside forehead ever since I was born. It has been like this ever since my childhood and people think that I have a receding hairline, which is not the case.

For a moment Hair Transplant thought does touch my mind, But having said that I dont wanna go for a like a Complete transformation in my appearance, like a total change in my look, Like a new Avatar. I was wondering if it is possible to Cover the empty areas in the extreme left and right corners, also around my temple areas with some hair. (I have attached a Picture)

Now firstly I would like to ask you guys like I said I am not bald, so though the idea behind doing this is to enhance my current look, it is not a must do for me. What I would like to know from all of you guys is, if I do this, will it look Natural, should I be doing it in the first place will it help any ways, I don’t wanna end up having like a artificial hairline like a Barbie Doll Hairline. If yes How many Grafts do you guys think would I require just to cover this much area.

Thanks in advance,

Augustya

Edited by augustya

How old are you. You do not have great pics up but you really do like you may have some miniaturization in the the front, but, if you are at a decent age (30 imo), and have not hairloss. You really have nothing to lose (but money) if you go to the right doctor. It really would not that but maybe 1.5 cm drop to make a big difference in your appearance.

Most of the doctors recommended by this forum will give you a completely natural and undetectable hairline. The only restrain is how much donor do you have to offer. If you are really not balding, and won't bald, then this is not an issue for you and the sky is the limit (within reason).

My suggesting is to be fairly conservative no matter what your age or how old you are, because I think some recession is very natural, especially in your mid 30's and beyond.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

How old are you. You do not have great pics up but you really do like you may have some miniaturization in the the front, but, if you are at a decent age (30 imo), and have not hairloss. You really have nothing to lose (but money) if you go to the right doctor. It really would not that but maybe 1.5 cm drop to make a big difference in your appearance.

Most of the doctors recommended by this forum will give you a completely natural and undetectable hairline. The only restrain is how much donor do you have to offer. If you are really not balding, and won't bald, then this is not an issue for you and the sky is the limit (within reason).

My suggesting is to be fairly conservative no matter what your age or how old you are, because I think some recession is very natural, especially in your mid 30's and beyond.

Thanks for your reply...

Couple of things that I did not understand

It really would not that but maybe 1.5 cm drop to make a big difference in your appearance.

Can you please explain this ? 1.5 CM drop ? Do you mean if my hairline is brought down by 1.5 CM down ? is that what you mean ?

I am 38 years old. Like I have said I have never had Hair loss Problem, so my donor area is just fantastic.

My suggesting is to be fairly conservative

When you say be fairly conservative what do you exactly mean ?

If this is your natural hairline I'd be carefull about tinkering with it at all.

You look like a Norwood 2 or 2A hairloss pattern if I had to guess.

Hair transplants are certainly not 'Barbie Doll' style any more. That technique went out in the early 90s.

In my opinion the latest techniques are not generally 100% undetectable to everyone. I think they can be to 99% of the population but to the informed eye you can usually tell, particularly on the big procedures and up close.

Unless it really bothers you and is affecting your life I'd probably say don't bother. In my own particular case the front 3rd of my head has practically no hair left which bothers me no end!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Augustya,

You will not end up with a barbie doll hairline from a coalition surgeon. There are some of the best surgeons in the world on here and I fully understand why you maybe apprehensive towards it- I was myself.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Hair transplants are certainly not 'Barbie Doll' style any more. That technique went out in the early 90s.

In my opinion the latest techniques are not generally 100% undetectable to everyone. I think they can be to 99% of the population but to the informed eye you can usually tell, particularly on the big procedures and up close.

Very true. I think it really depends on the doctor as well. A good doctor should be able to plant your hair to where it is undetectable that you have had a transplant. This is not ALWAYS the case, but the there are several docs that I have never seen a result that is detectable.

However. they can become detectable after further loss after you have had an HT.

By being conservative, meaning not being too aggressive with your hairline, you have a much less chance of having a detectable result. I wish my hairline was a little higher, but I am a worry wart. My hair almost looks perfect but I fear the future. Were it a little more conservative (1cm higher) I would be a little more comfortable about my future loss. Luckily i opted for recessed corners so that if will look more natural as I age.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Very true. I think it really depends on the doctor as well. A good doctor should be able to plant your hair to where it is undetectable that you have had a transplant. This is not ALWAYS the case, but the there are several docs that I have never seen a result that is detectable.

However. they can become detectable after further loss after you have had an HT.

By being conservative, meaning not being too aggressive with your hairline, you have a much less chance of having a detectable result. I wish my hairline was a little higher, but I am a worry wart. My hair almost looks perfect but I fear the future. Were it a little more conservative (1cm higher) I would be a little more comfortable about my future loss. Luckily i opted for recessed corners so that if will look more natural as I age.

So with a very minimal of HT just to cover the empty areas of my deep gone inside forehead how many Gradts would I require ? any rough guess ?

You are not bald enough for an HT. go enjoy your life.

Absolutely I am not bald at all. But whenever people look at me they get an impression either I have a Hair Loss or I have a receding hairline, when the fact is I know it is neither of the case. Who else could be a better Judge then myself and I have been watching this since last 37 years that I am alive :-) that it has not changed one bit. One of the reasons perhaps for these is I have extremely extremely staright,silky hair. It is super/ultra fine in Texture that does not look very thick in compsition..But yes the Deep Forehead sometimes bothers me. I dont know I am confused should I be doing it at all or not.

One of the Doctors that I met locally suggested me, start with a very mnimal of HT see how it goes for you and then think about covering a bigger area. Because from small you can go for Big, but from Big you cannnot go back to small, you cannot undo what you have done !! You will be stuck !