Doctors YOU want to see recommended?

Pretty self explanatory ;) Which Doctor's would you like to see on this fine forum? With the inductions of Bisanga, Mwamba and Hakan recently I think the forum is broadening its arsenal of surgeons and I personally would love to see Lorenzo, De Reys and Erdogan inducted. I know Lorenzo is VERY busy and chances are he won't attempt recommendation because last I checked he was booked out for the whole of 2013 but De Reys and Erdogan would be great additions and would bring a wealth of FUE knowledge as they would be the first FUE exclusive surgeons who use manual punches. Erdogan has also just invented a new one-step extraction approach to FUE that should make it more efficient and generate better yield! Who do you guys want to see on here? There are places like South America and parts of Asia and Europe that have not yet been tapped so suggestions from those areas would be great also as there are many hidden gems around the world.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lorenzo is someone who definitely springs to mind Mickey. There are others.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Lorenzo is someone who definitely springs to mind Mickey. There are others.

Hehe I encouraged him sooo much during my consult and he kept saying that time is an issue :(

If you asked me a year ago I would have said Bisanga and Diep.

It would be good if someone in Australia/NZ could be added as that particular continent appears to be lacking.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

If you asked me a year ago I would have said Bisanga and Diep.

It would be good if someone in Australia/NZ could be added as that particular continent appears to be lacking.

No good hair surgeons in Australia really. The only one that had a HUGE chance was the inventor of FUE but he decided to treat FUE as a lucrative commodity and rather then share what he knew, he was charging INSANE amounts of money for workshops. He is now rarely spoken of.

Hi Guys,

For the record ...

We have reached out to Dr. Lorenzo and he's discussed recommendation with Bill on several occasions. He's interested and stated that he does want to share results, but - as a few others stated - he's very busy and I'm not sure when he'll have the time to put some presentations together. Hopefully, some time in the future!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

For the results I have seen I believe Dr. Koray would be a great addition. I am going to have my HT with him in July.

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).

I'm not a fan of Dr. De Reyes and I feel there are enough recommended surgeons in Belgium. We got now Feriduni, Bisanga, Mwamba and Devroye. However I strongly recommend Dr. Koray Erdogan who most of the Turkish guys bring up his name like H&W. He is a brand name in Turkey when it comes to hair restoration. Also Dr. Jose Lorenzo from Spain who I find one of the few FUE surgeons who can make wonders with Choi implanter. Also Dr. Bhatti from India as he is the ONLY trusted FUE surgeon in that Asian region so far. He presents his FUE results in this forum with full confidence. Good thread Mickey85. Keep it up Bro.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I'm not a fan of Dr. De Reyes and I feel there are enough recommended surgeons in Belgium. We got now Feriduni, Bisanga, Mwamba and Devroye. However I strongly recommend Dr. Koray Erdogan who most of the Turkish guys bring up his name like H&W. He is a brand name in Turkey when it comes to hair restoration. Also Dr. Jose Lorenzo from Spain who I find one of the few FUE surgeons who can make wonders with Choi implanter. Also Dr. Bhatti from India as he is the ONLY trusted FUE surgeon in that Asian region so far. He presents his FUE results in this forum with full confidence. Good thread Mickey85. Keep it up Bro.

Some great points.

Dr De Reys is the only FUE exclusive surgeon in Belgium(as far as I'm aware) which I feel is an echelon above the composite FUT/FUE clinics. Of course his skill is not double that of Bisanga, Feriduni and Mwamba but he would have handled more difficult cases and higher norwoods then the aforementioned clinics. His rates are also incredible and he and his wife(a qualified nurse) handle ALL the extractions, incisions and implanting. For those reasons I would like to see him inducted.

Lorenzo is an obvious one given he is the H&W equivalent(in FUE though) as he has over 180 before and after videos. Erdogan is also up there.

Bhatti I'm not so sure of. He seems very liberal with graft usage and has made some outlandish claims before suchs as 'less then 2% transection" which is fallacy(misleading) and hyperbole. The doc from Atlanta, Georgia has made similar claims which made me dislike him also. Any time any clinic says that or "95 to 100% yield" or "the doc has only had 3 unsatisfactory cases in his whole career" it is utter fabrication and makes me cringe...

Conversely, while we are adding docs, do you think we should be removing clinics we feel are not doing well? Not targeting any specific clinics, just as a broader policy to keep standards very high.

Absolutely correct... I feel there are a handful that need to be removed... That subject is quite taboo... I would like to get a moderator's opinion on that one..

Mickey,

If you have any specific unsatisfactory cases or examples to share, please send me a private message with the information.

Otherwise, I'm not certain listing clinics for removal would be overly constructive. Again, if anyone has a specific example of poor work, please feel free to send it to me. However, I really think listing clinics for removal is going to cause unnecessary arguing and could result in the dissolution and eventual closing of an otherwise good thread.

Having said that, we do run an open and honest discussion forum, and this applies to members and both recommended and non-recommended physicians. If individuals do have a legitimate negative experience or opinion to share, they are free to do so. However, when this happens, the clinic in question is always provided the opportunity to respond and address the criticism which, again, I think will lead to some heated discussion and possibly thread closure.

Thanks!

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Mickey,

If you have any specific unsatisfactory cases or examples to share, please send me a private message with the information.

Otherwise, I'm not certain listing clinics for removal would be overly constructive. Again, if anyone has a specific example of poor work, please feel free to send it to me. However, I really think listing clinics for removal is going to cause unnecessary arguing and could result in the dissolution and eventual closing of an otherwise good thread.

Thanks!

Oh of course :) I had no intention of creating a thread or converting this thread into a "removal" thread hehe. It's why I asked for a moderators opinion. I'm pretty cautious about what threads I post up because I want to maintain the harmony that exists here. You guys tolerated and actually promoted my FUE Pros/Cons thread where other forums have not been so welcoming and for that I'm very grateful.

Edited by Mickey85

I must confess that I am a little bit confused. I thought we could openly discuss the reasons that make us recommend a certain doctor/clinic that we would like to see on the list, as well as those we do not recommend for specific reasons, as I have seen in this Forum. Why are we forbiden to make reference to those doctors and/or clinics that are listed? I am sorry for asking but since I am a new member I would like to know if there is a rule in this respect we need to observe. Tks,

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).

FUTURE-HT-DOC, what happened to that female Turkish strip HT Surgeon from Transmed clinic, I think its Dr. Kulachi? Is she not recommended anymore? I think she is removed from the list? Is it because of her unsatisfied results posted?

MICKEY85, you are doing great job with these threads. You made this forum a FUE- FUT when before you joined it was Solid FUT. Your topics raised the FUE up. Keep it up Bro.

By the way, if you had to choose a Turkish Doctor for your FUE, who would you go for? Erdogan or Doganay? And why? Just curious lol...

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I must confess that I am a little bit confused. I thought we could openly discuss the reasons that make us recommend a certain doctor/clinic that we would like to see on the list, as well as those we do not recommend for specific reasons, as I have seen in this Forum. Why are we forbiden to make reference to those doctors and/or clinics that are listed? I am sorry for asking but since I am a new member I would like to know if there is a rule in this respect we need to observe. Tks,

Denny,

You are free to discuss whatever you like on the discussion forums. Like I said before, it's an open and honest environment, and as long as the discussion is legitimate and does not contain any purposely slanderous or promotional material, it will not be moderated.

My only comment was that I'm not sure creating a list of clinics for removal (based upon subjective criteria) will be a constructive exercise. I fear this type of discussion will devolve into a lot of unnecessary arguing and heated opinions, and I wouldn't want it to lead to closing an otherwise good thread.

However, if you want to say: "I am interested in X clinic because of this, and didn't end up considering Y clinic because of that;" this is perfectly fine.

Hi Guys,

Here is Bill's official reply explaining the situation with Dr. Melike Kulahci and her recommendation status:

Dr. Melike Kulahci was recommended on this community for many years. She and her staff at Transmed developed an excellent reputation over the years based on proven results. However, more recently a few patients posted concerns regarding their surgeries with other physicians at Transmed. We encouraged Transmed to publicly reply to these concerns and resolve them. While Transmed did address many of these concerns, they ultimately concluded that they did not want to actively participate in our community and be required to respond online to such issues in the future. This was in part due to the challenge of responding to these concerns publicly in a language that was not their native Turkish.

In addition to meeting our high standards for providing state of the art hair transplantation and proven patient satisfaction, we require that all physicians who are recommended on this community be willing to respond to and resolve patient issues that come to our attention. While the patients of Transmed are free to continue posting their experiences on this forum, it will be up to Transmed to determine how and if they choose to respond to any such potential future concerns.

However, we ask that patients who have concerns first privately contact their physician, whether the physician is recommended or not, and give this physician an opportunity to privately resolve their concerns. Once this has been done, a patient is then free to share their genuine experience publicly on this forum, including how any of their concerns have been addressed. For more information about our posting policy we encourage members to view "Maintaining a safe and fair environment on our forum for patients and physicians".

We wish Dr. Kulahci and her entire staff continued success and thank them for their past support and quality care of the members of this community.

If anyone has additional questions, please feel free to send me a private message.

FUTURE-HT-DOC, what happened to that female Turkish strip HT Surgeon from Transmed clinic, I think its Dr. Kulachi? Is she not recommended anymore? I think she is removed from the list? Is it because of her unsatisfied results posted?

MICKEY85, you are doing great job with these threads. You made this forum a FUE- FUT when before you joined it was Solid FUT. Your topics raised the FUE up. Keep it up Bro.

By the way, if you had to choose a Turkish Doctor for your FUE, who would you go for? Erdogan or Doganay? And why? Just curious lol...

Thank you Hariri, you are much too kind :) i will definitely keep raising awareness of FUE as i feel it has been relegated to small sessions for much too long. It can be used for so much more. The inductions of Feriduni, Bisanga, Mwamba and especially Umar and Hakan were great steps for this forum. I remember Feller being very much against Umar being recommended as he did not perform FUT. Umar really was the first to deviate from the norm especially as he is based in the US where FUT clinics outnumber FUE clinics by a vast majority. I will forever commend Umar for that. Dr Hakan also broke the ice for Turkish FUE clinics. I remember there was great hesitation when someone would bring up a procedure in Turkey, India, etc as everyone assumed it would not equal quality but dr. Hakan has proved them wrong with his amazing FUE.

I woukd be happy with going to eithr Hakan or Erdogan. Hakan uses motorized but his results are spectacular. Erdogan does have the new one step fue technique he developed so he might have have the slight edge. I am really impressed with Hakan and once there are more results from him he might supersede Erdogan but for now Erdogan has slight edge.

Would like to see some sugestions of south american and european(italy, greece, etc) surgeons. I bet there are some hidden gems out there.