What does FUE donor site look like at 3 weeks? by Dr. Lindsey

I get this asked to me alot.

This fellow had a 400 graft FUE case 3 weeks ago and sent in several pictures with his new, very cropped hairstyle. While slightly red, this shows that with contemporary 1 mm FUE punches, that a short hairstyle is usually fine very soon after the case is performed…probably sooner than the 3 weeks this man waited.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

IMG_1181.jpg.fc71764e8a93b68f20c1a4f30c141923.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg.831983dd3d77ca8c4c2f9e333c87b9d6.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg.fd4aa4221a08ed8dbac917ae165c0561.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg.4bd90ad3e66edbb0f2293f94940c3552.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg.9984deb612522c895e0b04594be6426a.jpg

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Great case! Thank you for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 weeks later...
Very clean. Nice job. FUE is a great procedure especially for smaller cases.
I realize you do not perform many large FUE procedures but there are plenty of doctors who routinely perform large FUE procedures with great results with virtually zero evidence of scaring with great growth rates so I would not say "especially" for smaller procedures. thats a little misleading imo.

in fact. as im sure ur aware there are doctors who only perform FUE who routinely perform 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000+ FUE cases and show no signs of visible scaring and some who perform both FUE and FUT.

Umar, Bhatti, Lorenzo, Feriduni, A, Reyes, Bisanga, etc....

I realize you do not perform many large FUE procedures but there are plenty of doctors who routinely perform large FUE procedures with great results with virtually zero evidence of scaring with great growth rates so I would not say "especially" for smaller procedures. thats a little misleading imo.

in fact. as im sure ur aware there are doctors who only perform FUE who routinely perform 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000+ FUE cases and show no signs of visible scaring and some who perform both FUE and FUT.

Umar, Bhatti, Lorenzo, Feriduni, A, Reyes, Bisanga, etc....

Why have you felt the need to take a pop at Dr Charles?

I can think of one obvious small procedure where FUE is great: eyebrow reconstruction.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Why have you felt the need to take a pop at Dr Charles?

I can think of one obvious small procedure where FUE is great: eyebrow reconstruction.

no one is taking a pop at anyone. I disagree with what he said and those that dont know better might think FUE is only reserved for small procedures. especially when it comes from a doctor who really only performs small FUE procedures.

there are a lot a newbees that get on here all the time and if they were reading this they might think FUE is only reserved for smaller cases and may sway them away from FUE if they were needing several thousand grafts.

personally, I think Dr. Charles does great work but he doesnt perform large FUE procedures often. if he does I havent seen any evidence here or on his website.

when doctors make statements like "especially when performing smaller procedures" it gives others the impression that FUE is reserved for smaller procedures and not large procedures. I disagree and the evidence is there to support my opinion.

people take what doctors say as gospel and assume it is the absolute truth. maybe he didnt mean it that way but others could surely take it that way if they didnt know better.

if it was an eyebrow reconstruction thread I would agree but its not. its FUE performed on the scalp.

Edited by GNX1

no one is taking a pop at anyone. I disagree with what he said and those that dont know better might think FUE is only reserved for small procedures. especially when it comes from a doctor who really only performs small FUE procedures.

personally, I think Dr. Charles does great work but he doesnt perform large FUE procedures often. if he does I havent seen any evidence here or on his website.

when doctors make statements like "especially when performing small procedures" it gives others the impression that FUE is reserved for small procedures and not large procedures. I disagree and the evidence is there to support my opinion.

of it was an eyebrow reconstruction thread I would agree but its not. its FUE performed on the scalp.

Nowhere in Dr Charles statement does he say that FUE is bad for large procedures. You are getting paranoid.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Nowhere in Dr Charles statement does he say that FUE is bad for large procedures. You are getting paranoid.
not paranoid at all. just educating those that may not know better.

if he stated "FUE is great, especially for larger procedures" people would assume FUE is reserved for larger procedures. it goes both ways and I would disagree with that as well.