It's been two months since HT nothing's happening

It's been two months since HT nothing's happening, I still feel the prickly hairs maybe less now but they are not growing at all. Shouldn't some of them be popping up or growing. Also my head still feels a little numb to the touch is that a bad thing.

Can I hear from the Veterans does this sound normal, was it like this for you guys, i really need some reassurance

Two months is very early. Visible growth usually won't start until 3-4 months have passed. The Ht process takes at least 1 year so you must relax right now and be patient.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Rock,

This is very normal. You can expect growth to start around the 3-3.5 month mark, but remember that it takes a full 12 months for the result of a hair transplant procedure to fully mature.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

2 months means there's probably less hair on your head than there ever has been. It's the doldrums but I had to just not think about it. Focus on something else in your life. It's tough because it's been the build-up and focus for so long to have the procedure. But then the waiting game kicks in. It shouldn't be called waiting phase though, it should be called, "forget about it for now" phase. Hold strong bud.

Here's me at 2 months - 8-weeks-%20Sep%2006%2012%2013%2044%20AM.jpg

Here's me at 8 months - 8-months-wet-front_1.jpg

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Very satisfied customer of Dr. Konior, Chicago

FUT, 3950 grafts, June 2012

Message me if you have any questions regarding my experience or Dr. K.

• 2 weeks later...
2 months means there's probably less hair on your head than there ever has been. It's the doldrums but I had to just not think about it. Focus on something else in your life. It's tough because it's been the build-up and focus for so long to have the procedure. But then the waiting game kicks in. It shouldn't be called waiting phase though, it should be called, "forget about it for now" phase. Hold strong bud.

Well said...building the bank, sorting of travels, work schedules, how you're going to avoid the public lol you finally get it done and yeah....you just wait. Wouldn't it be nice that right then and there results were instant!

I had a similar question, and instead of starting a new thread, thought I'd just add it here. Its been about 10 weeks since my surgery (FUE) and as expected, not much has happened. Most of the newly transplanted hairs have fallen out, but many still remain. My question is that the remaining hairs, the ones that never fell off, have not grown at all. I've been keeping track. The transplanted hairs were about 7-8 mm long about a week after my surgery was done. The hairs that still remain on my head are still about 7-8 mm long about 8 to 9 weeks later. No growth at all. I was under the impression that the hairs that didn't fall off were supposed to grow. Is this normal? Anybody experience the same?

grus, check your inbox

Hey taco.. sorry but for the life of me I can't figure out how to check private messages on this site. Everytime I click on messages (including sending messages) it just sends me to my user homepage. If its something you can share can you please just post it in this thread? Thanks!

grusilag,

By default, private messages are disabled for new members until a moderator has a chance to review them. This prevents spammers from mass mailing all of our members. I've gone ahead and enabled private messaging for your account.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
Taco if you gave an answer to grus, I'd sure like to know I have the same situation

Those precious new hair follicles are in a resting phase, they're taking a long nap before their glorious reveal.

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Very satisfied customer of Dr. Konior, Chicago

FUT, 3950 grafts, June 2012

Message me if you have any questions regarding my experience or Dr. K.

Did you guys research before hand? You should have expected this! I'm still seeing big improvements after reaching 9 months.....and I'm reserving judgement til month 16/18.

Patience!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon