Jones or Rahal

Guest brent

Guest brent

Ive heard alot of negativity about Dr Jones in oakville....Ive met both Dr Rahal and Dr jones, and Dr Rahal gets alot of well deserved accolades on here, and well deserved from what I see. But is Dr jones really that bad?? I mean is it the hairlines? donar scars? Grafts wont grow??? I just need to thicken up the top part and would love some feedback..

ummm, well I am biased.

I would go rahal not just because I had a surgery with him, but because his results are amazing, consistent and have thought put into the hairline.

I have not really seen amazing results or even consistently good results from Jones.

I am going to assume you are from Toronto, correct?

I am aswell, but almost went with another doc. Its worth the travel out of town... if that is the case again.

anyway, thats my 2 cents, good luck

2998 grafts/ Dr. Rahal/ 9/11/2007

My Hair Loss Weblog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Rahal

Pretty damn happy

Guest brent

Thanks....i definately was leaning towards Dr rahal, does seem like a no brainer to go to one of the best...was just curious why Dr Jones didnt produce alot of great results..

Brent, ultimatley you have to be happy with your choice and comfortable with who you choose. I live in Toronto and had three consultations here. I made the trip to Ottawa for a consultation with Dr Rahal and decided to have my HT done on Feb 11th of this year,on the spot.

After three other consultations, and then visitig him, his level of honesty, detail, expertise and comfort level were far beyond anyone else I consuted with. Seven plus weeks after and I have no regrets and could not be happier about my decision to go with Dr Rahal and his entire staff which is important

Dr Rahal is without a doubt one of the best at what he does. That is widely agreed on any forum you come across, not just my personal opinion. Having had my HT recently, his experienced staff is something nodoby should under estimate the value off.

Preparing for the procedure, during the procedure and post procedure the entire experience has gone better than I could have imagined. With him, you get one of the best but also a great team that is every bit as dedicated as he is,

If you want any other info, just send me an email and best of luck to you

Dr Rahal is without a doubt one of the best docs around. My only critiscism of his work is that I feel his hairlines are too aggressive on young guys.

If a guy is losing his hair at 22, even on Propecia, it is likely he will end up as a high NW. Hence, there's no point in transplanting 3000 grafts in re-creating that dense ultra low hairline that us younger guys dream of. But I'm sure Dr Rahal explains this to all of his young patients so that they can make an informed decision.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Originally posted by splitting hairs:

Dr Rahal is without a doubt one of the best docs around. My only critiscism of his work is that I feel his hairlines are too aggressive on young guys.

If a guy is losing his hair at 22, even on Propecia, it is likely he will end up as a high NW. Hence, there's no point in transplanting 3000 grafts in re-creating that dense ultra low hairline that us younger guys dream of.

agreed

• 3 months later...

Just a thought here. I live in Toronto and I have noticed Dr. Robert Jones has been advertising quite a bit, on 680 News radio and also in the newspapers (either Metro or 24Hr, I don't recall which). I knew of him because of these advertisements. However, I haven't heard of Rahal until visiting this forum.

If a surgeon has a good enough reputation (through hair restoration forums, word of mouth, references, etc.), I don't think he would need to advertise since there is no need for it. He would be too busy performing his surgeries rather than worrying about getting my clients.

It seems to me that Rahal is already busy with his work and already has enough work lined up for him. Personally, I would rather go with a surgeon who has been working on more patients (more experience). My personal opinion is to go with Rahal if you were to choose between the two.

To someone who has done the research on MANY forums not just this one that question is a total NO BRAINER haha.

How many hacked up angry Rahal patients have you seen angry posts from? ZERO

Dr. Jones was up for consideration on THIS site i believe a year or so ago and so many people opened up about him being a hack that Pat & Bill said see ya later Jones. That is a FACT jack

Go to Dr. Rahal. I am happy with the results ans service.

#1 HT by Dr. Rahal on 08-21-08

Strip 26.6 cm

Total 4308 grafts

-1116 single grafts

-2287 double grafts

-898 triple grafts

-7 quad grafts

Total Hairs: 8412

Medications:

Minoxidil 5%

Finasteride 1 mg daily