Apply Rogaine and washing hair soon after

cimbom

Hello,

As most of you know, I recently had HT surgery with Dr Wong. He suggested that I use Rogaine to maintain the hair I currently have and potentially improve the density.

I know that the manufacturers don't recommend getting hair wet for 4 hours after applying Rogaine. My question is - if I apply Rogaine after work at say 5.30pm and then wash my hair at 9.30-10pm,would it still be as effective as if I had left it on for most of the day?

I want to do it this way if I can because I have long-ish curly hair and style it in a very particular way. I also don't comb it after getting out of the shower. I would need to do this if I was to apply Rogaine after a shower. My hair looks best when I wash it in the evening, style it and then sleep on it as this gets rid of the "crunch" of the hair products, leaving a natural softer look.

I have also read that applying Rogaine once a day is sufficient. Is that right?

Thoughts?

Just apply every 12 hours and shower regularly (keep in mind never to wash your hair within 4 hours after applying).

The longer the better obvious though, try to leave it in for 4 plus

Why not apply it in the morning to your damp scalp after washin (Absorbtion better that way) and then again at night to your dry hair. So, no need to wash at night.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Rogaine is a scalp treatment not a hair treatment. Apply the Rogaine to the scalp and massage the product into the scalp. After massage take a towel and wipe off the Rogaine from your hair. Leaving the Rogaine on your hair can cause more damage to the hair as it has a lot of alcohol. I don't agree with the manufactor on leaving the product on the hair.

Dr. DeYarman,

Can you use rogaine before or after when applying a moisterizing lotion?

Also, Cant decide mentioned it is better to apply rogaine on a wet scalp. Is rogaine effective applying to a wet rather than a dry scalp?

I rinse out fibres and allow hair to dry naturally for around 15 mins, then apply the foam about 20minutes before bed.

I only use it at night as it would be too much hassle in the morning.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I use it twice a day the foam version. It gives me immediate cosmetic look of think hairs.

What i need to ask is it necessary to wash hair daily if you use Rogaine ?

Also i used to apply right after shower after drying my hair. But also read a lot of people saying using it after bath will make it absorb into the body which is harmful.

Can anyone advice/ comment on it ?

I would appy the Rogaine before using a moisturing cream as it could prevent the absorption of Rogaine into the scalp.

In theory the scalp pores are opened up the most after a hot shower but you still have to massage the Rogaine into the scalp. I would still wipe off the excess Rogaine after the massage.

I would appy the Rogaine before using a moisturing cream as it could prevent the absorption of Rogaine into the scalp.

In theory the scalp pores are opened up the most after a hot shower but you still have to massage the Rogaine into the scalp. I would still wipe off the excess Rogaine after the massage.

This means i should ignore people saying its absorbed into the body and creates negative impact ?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry for not getting back to your question sooner. Rogaine was created from a drug called Loniten. It was a high blood pressure medication and the side effect was people would start to grow body hair. The strength of the pill was 100 mg. and started out at one pill per day. The active ingredient in Loniten is minoxidil and that is what was put into solution to create the first Minoxidil solution. The side effects from Rogaine can be skin rash, hair growth on the face and in some cases headache. Because of the amount being used it would be hard to get any lowering of the blood pressur using the medication topical. For minoxidil to be effective on the hair follicle it has to be massaged into the scalp and because of the small amount of minoxidil it is unlikly to have any affect on blood pressure. I hope this answers your questions.

I'm sorry for not getting back to your question sooner. Rogaine was created from a drug called Loniten. It was a high blood pressure medication and the side effect was people would start to grow body hair. The strength of the pill was 100 mg. and started out at one pill per day. The active ingredient in Loniten is minoxidil and that is what was put into solution to create the first Minoxidil solution. The side effects from Rogaine can be skin rash, hair growth on the face and in some cases headache. Because of the amount being used it would be hard to get any lowering of the blood pressur using the medication topical. For minoxidil to be effective on the hair follicle it has to be massaged into the scalp and because of the small amount of minoxidil it is unlikly to have any affect on blood pressure. I hope this answers your questions.

Thank you for the information doctor. I've noticed a majority of people share the same concerns regarding medical treatments such as Minoxidil and Finasteride, so it is nice change to get first-hand medical advice from a doctor himself.