Your Input on Improving Our Community

This community currently provides hair loss sufferers with multiple ways to find the information, support and encouragement they need to successfully treat their hair loss. This includes websites with the latest news in hair restoration; multiple venues to document hair restoration experiences, photos and videos; an easy way to research, view results (photos and videos) and consult with the world's leading surgeons; multiple ways to interact with other hair loss sufferers to garner advice, support, etc.

However, with the ongoing evolution and growth of the world wide web, we'd like your input on enhancements and/or additional services we can provide that will keep this community on the cutting edge of providing hair loss sufferers with the information and encouragement they need.

This is your chance to tell us how we can better serve you. What would you like to see? Are there any additional services you've seen elsewhere on the web that you'd like us to provide?

I look forwward to your input.

Best wishes,

Bill

Is it limited to services? If so I would like to see the chat feature brought back :)

If possible, I would like to see the invitation of more Doctor's from Europe(Bisanga, De Reys) and Turkey(mainly Erdogan) but I know that it's up to the Doctor to participate.

Yes more Doctors from Europe would be great but as you say that is up to the Doctors to participate.

Also there should be a name and shame page of some of the terrible Doctors out there, however i cant see this happening!

Otherwise great forum and one of the best:)

this forum is one of the best out there, i have a idea, how about once a month have a doc answer any questions that any1 has to ask live in an hour type format, about hair transplants , and everything thats involved and even future treatmeants, its a way to get to know the docs a little better, just a thought.

also maybe a repair section, so guys can look for ways to improve thier situation, its great to talk to other hairloss suffers because you can relate and learn about options, a repair section can help those in need of repair and be a type of support system.

this forum is one of the best out there, i have a idea, how about once a month have a doc answer any questions that any1 has to ask live in an hour type format, about hair transplants , and everything thats involved and even future treatmeants, its a way to get to know the docs a little better, just a thought.

Interesting idea!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 3 weeks later...

This forum is strangely disconnected from the realities of the industry it serves, an industry that, until just very recently, was notorious for putting out sub standard work.

For reasons I won't speculate on, this forum does not have a repair section, as if this chapter of history of hair transplantation has been air brushed away, with a focus solely on today's refined techniques and approved surgeons who perform state of the art hair transplantation. If this forum were truly honest about the industry it serves AND wanted to serve those who come here seeking help, it would have a DEDICATED repair section where patients could easily find threads, as well as other posters, in a free exchange of information, personal experiences and advice.

Wylie,

Just because haven't creatd a specific "repair" section doesn't mean we're sweeping the legitimate need for repairs and the realities of yesterday's (and even today's) substandard work under the carpet. Ironically, most other forums don't have a dedicated section for repairs either.

We already have so many sections dedicated to surgical hair restoration, more than any other forum. Patients can also create blogs, photo albums and patient websites and name them with the word "repair", etc. Using the "search" feature of this forum quickly and easily provides those seeking with topics, testimonials, experiences and photos all about repairs.

I'm sorry that you feel that this forum is "disconnected" from hair restoration reality just because we don't have a dedicated section just for repairs which in my opinion, is ridiculous. However, I appreciate your input and will reconsider your suggestion.

Regards,

Bill

Eman,

Great suggestion. Unfortunately, the current version of our software doesn't allow labeling of individual photos very easily. However, as we explore newer versions of the software, I hope we can once again accomplish this. The good news is, our patient websites do allow for the individual labeling of photos, journals, etc.

Best,

Bill

I also appreciate everyone else's suggestions and will certainly keep them under advisement. I like the idea of getting physicians more involved and active and hosting live chat sessions. This community does have a live chat feature which can be found by clicking "My Apps" and then "Chat" in the toolbar above. You can also find it by clicking here.

Scheduling chat sessions may be the easiest way to cultivate member involvement. However, any member of this community is welcome to use this feature and encourage other members to join them at any time :-).

Best,

Bill

Wylie,

Just because haven't creatd a specific "repair" section doesn't mean we're sweeping the legitimate need for repairs and the realities of yesterday's (and even today's) substandard work under the carpet. Ironically, most other forums don't have a dedicated section for repairs either.

We already have so many sections dedicated to surgical hair restoration, more than any other forum. Patients can also create blogs, photo albums and patient websites and name them with the word "repair", etc. Using the "search" feature of this forum quickly and easily provides those seeking with topics, testimonials, experiences and photos all about repairs.

I'm sorry that you feel that this forum is "disconnected" from hair restoration reality just because we don't have a dedicated section just for repairs which in my opinion, is ridiculous. However, I appreciate your input and will reconsider your suggestion.

Regards,

Bill

Bill, I appreciate your reply, and I also appreciate you reconsidering my suggestion. To make one use a search feature for related threads is not the optimal route for finding information on the subject of repairs. I think we would agree there is an easier way to go about this, such as searching a dedicated forum. Also, having to rely on a search feature will not always find threads on a particular topic unless the correct keywords are used. As the old saying goes "Information not shared is lost".

I also realize many forums don't have repair sections, and I'm not the least bit surprised by this, rather I totally expect it.

Cheers.