2,093 Grafts Dr. Bisanga

Stublue

I like the hairline design! That and your hair texture should make for some great results in the end. It's always hard to gauge actual growth vs expected vs other patients; just good ole human nature to reach for the stars. I echoed similar thoughts on my 4 month post, where I realized I was subconsciously measuring the transplant growth rate to my normal hair growth, despite knowing about Telogen etc. Silly brain.

Best on sprouting!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still early on Stublue. Keep us posted.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• 4 weeks later...

So its now 6 months since the HT so time for an update. I have definitely seen improvement over the last 4 weeks since my last update and that's all I can really ask for. It's becoming easier to style my hair now and I rarely use concealer (caboki) anymore to hide the loss right at the centre of the forelock. I do seem to be a bit of a slow grower but again all I can really hope for is steady improvement/growth which seems to be happening. My hair confidence is definitely improving. And the shock loss has pretty much sorted itself out and all is back to normal.

I do still have a couple of concerns though. As you can see from the photos (photo 1) I feel that the area just behind the centre forelock will need further addressing in the future. The loss is still relatively obvious unless I comb my hair a certain way and it also makes the new hairline at the front centre appear a little weaker as there is no real hair backing it up (photo 2). I also think the right side is coming in a little weaker (photo 3) than the left and it appears to have a small area where there is little to no growth. But I realise this is actually quite common. So I suppose patience is the key!

Anyway, let me know your thoughts if you have any.

5b32da137ecec_Photo1.jpg.0e6b3dfc9413f6881d225ebd7d802462.jpg

5b32da138c09a_Photo2.jpg.21aacc26ca78697d67e873017e853ab4.jpg

5b32da13987d0_Photo3.jpg.887b683425ae790f02a20c1bbd904c6d.jpg

5b32da13b148b_Photo4.jpg.2777c341e94b84384f152641d712467d.jpg

Looking excellent so far Stublu! 6 months already with still a lot more growth to come! You must be thrilled......congratulations!

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

as long as things continue to improve your on a good track. month 7 and 8 should show much more improvement hopefully. if the patch behind the forelock does not thicken up, if de bisanga planted grafts there and they dont grow, im very confident that he will touch it up for you free of charge.

@Stublue

I'm pursuing your case since I've had my procedure with the same doc and I'm also a hard grower .I'm in the fourth month and nothing happened :( ...

I hope eventually we'll be both happy

Cheers for the comments guys. Yeah im pretty with the results so far and it should only get better over the next few months.

Liv72, yeah I had minimal growth at 4 months so try not to worry about it. The next month or two should see some big changes. I know its easier said than done but patience really is the key.

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm a couple of days short of 7 months post op so time for another quick update. I have had another pretty good month and things are really starting to kick in. Since month 5 i am really happy with the progress. Not having to worry about your hair is fantastic!! Just shows patience really is the key as I was a little worried at 5 months.

As you can see the right side is still lagging a little behind the right so I'm hoping for some more improvement there. The centre forelock is also still a little weak as i pointed out before but its very easy to style the hair and hide any weakness. The concealer has not been out of the cupboard for at least 5 weeks!!

I actually bought hair gel for the first time in a good few years last week. Haven't used it yet mind you as i like the dry look and wetting the hair makes the hairline look a little weaker. Maybe in another month or so as the new hairline thickens!

Anyway i would love to know your thoughts or fire away with any questions you may have.

5b32da933e730_7mths.jpg.5cefbcefed91c92ee018b4f2d7c8e1dc.jpg

5b32da9350eb0_7mths2.jpg.a10fed9dc9939f3ba5f8fa13b1c8b5a2.jpg

5b32da9368b9a_7mthsleft.jpg.120f6b2172e63d766ccf8d1ebaaf95fb.jpg

5b32da93757f6_7mthsright.jpg.0c1fc5f5a90e081c4ba019e10851ba6b.jpg

Stu, Looking good! I do agree that the middle forelock section should have been addressed during your procedure but you can easily go back in there and hit it with a few hundred grafts. So are your co-workers asking any more questions?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Your hair looks really good Stublue and obviously you have more new hairs and maturing to come yet at 7 months.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Cheers for the comments guys. Happy with it all so far especially after the rough enough start (shock loss and slow growth). And it will only get better over the next few months.

Hairthere, the co-worker who actually quizzed me over the whole thing is gone now. Thankfully so as he would definitely suspect something now!! Ha.

This is really starting to take shape Stu! To think of the difference 2 months makes.......the next 4-5 months should be even better! Should be in for a good xmas!

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Yup, there we go! Now it's really starting to take shape. Big difference from your 6 month update. Lucky for you, your hair has a good wavy characteristic. That'll definitely help achieve a full look with minimal amount of grafts. A simple touch-up is all you need, if you need anything.

• 1 month later...

Okay guys, so its time for my 8 month update. As you can probably see from the photos i have had another pretty good month. The hairline continues to thicken and the right side has seen some improvement, particularly in the last 2 weeks or so. I still feel it is a little weak (you can see its a bit weak in pic 4) but i know its only month 8 so i'm hopeful for more improvement over the next couple of months. As long as it continues to improve i'm happy.

So all in all, I am happy with the progress, especially the last 2 months. As you can see from my thread, i am definitely a slow grower and I had some pretty bad shock loss in the donor area, so the journey has not been easy. But the benefits are worth it and my confidence has improved a lot. Not that i really lacked confidence mind you but I always worried about my hair. I actually had my first real compliments about my hair in the last 2 weeks. Firstly my father (who doesnt know about the HT, nobody does!) said he liked my new haircut, which is very rare as he nearly always complains that it's too short!! And then my mate asked me if I had done something different to my hair. I just told him I got it cut and he said it looked great. Weird but great to hear. Also, maybe its just me, but i have noticed a few people looking at my hair but not saying anything. It probably is just my mind playing tricks on me. Ha!!

I'm actually meeting Dr. Bisanga and his rep Steve in London on Nov 2nd for a consultation and analysis of my progress. The aftercare has been very good and I have been told that they will address any problem areas like the area behind the forelock, which remains my main concern. Again, as i said in my earlier posts, its fairly easy to hide that area with the new hairline (pic 1) but it can look a little strange if my hair is wet or i haven't combed my hair (pic 4). So it is an area that definitely needs to be addressed.

Anyway, feel free to make any comments or ask any questions. Cheers.

5b32db3d8035b_8mths.jpg.627f759df044685c9889f89f6880e2be.jpg

5b32db3d93b8e_8mthsleft.jpg.bf8defbf5d6ad423dcf5283874ee314d.jpg

5b32db3da555e_8mthsright.jpg.69e08f10512ce1efcddafd28fd031011.jpg

5b32db3dbcc08_8mths2.jpg.c5d2bbeb286c5b22eca554f599364baa.jpg

Looking good Stu, an extra 300-400 in the slightly weak centre spot and you'll be set. Still I understand the reason for leaving it the first time as they didn't want to cause undue shock loss. How is the scarring can you still see it at all?

Hey Loose,

Yeah true, a small top up in the centre forelock and it will be happy days.

The donor area is good thanks. The shock loss is 90-95% recovered i reckon and there is no obvious scarring. The last couple of weeks have actually seen some definite improvement both in the right side of the recipient area and the left side of the donor area. Just shows that a lot is still happening even at this stage and there should be more to come!

Another month or so and hopefully the donor will be fully recovered. The shock loss has taken a lot longer to come back in than i thought it would but its definitely getting there.

Coming along nicely now Stu. When you consider you've only really had two months or so of the growth phase kicking in, you've still got a lot to come over the next 3-4 months in particular.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Cheers Johnny, as you said I have only really had around 2.5 months of proper growth so hopefully there is still more to come! Just checked out your own progress and all seems to be going to plan. As you said you are in the ugly duckling phase, which isn't easy, but you seem to be handling it well and it will all be worth it. The short hair suits you.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey all, time for the 9 month update. The growth this month was probably not strong as month 7 and 8 but that's to be expected I suppose because they were whopper months! Having said that the hairline continues to get better and thicken up so I am a happy chap.

I actually met up with Dr. Bisanga and Steve the rep in London around 2 weeks ago and they were happy with my progress, especially considering how bad I had it at the beginning. The doc is happy that I have no gaps anywhere but the right side is lagging behind the left but he said that is quite common. I actually think the right side has improved noticeably in the last week so that's only good! On the shock loss, he actually said I had one of the worst cases of shock loss he had ever seen and that I was as slow a grower as it comes. Typical, but all worth it!

But anyway, they said that I look good in person (better than the photos) and that I need to give the hair at least another 4 or 5 months or so to see the final result as I have only really had around 4 months of growth (as i was such a slow grower). The doc reckons my centre forelock needs around 200 or 300 grafts which he will sort out next summer as well as any other issues I may have. And thankfully it will be a small job and won't require shaving the recipient area, which I was worried about. I also raised the possibility of strengthening my temple points (hair greed) but I will wait and see on that as Steve said it can be a risk.

So all in all, I'm happy with the progress and am expecting more improvement over the coming months.

Let me know your thoughts. Cheers.

5b32dbc4cfe94_9monthsfront.jpg.5f3f7a8db9915b2cfd3c4c8d686f45bc.jpg

5b32dbc50521e_9mthsleft.jpg.6cfef2c80d34d73a74283e1627f64512.jpg

5b32dbc5129af_9mthsright.jpg.baedc558f139aa5c9ba9a833f2aea338.jpg