2,093 Grafts Dr. Bisanga

Stublue

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for all the comments guys, really appreciate it. And yeah the centre forelock looks good from the photos i posted but there is a small patch just behind the hairline that needs some addressing. With the new hairline its hard to see the weakness so that's all good! Only a small touch up job is required though so happy days.

This is looking brilliant Stu......great to see. Nice to read about your recent meet up with the doc ans Steve too. Also great to hear about the forelock.......200 to that region (which will largely be made up of 3s and 4s I'd imagine) will give you one very thick head of hair.

I've just hit the 3 month mark.....if I have this response in 6 months I'll be delighted.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

• 1 month later...

Any update Stu?

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

Hey jonny no big update since I last posted. Just havent got around to any posts with the Christmas madness. The hairline has thickened a little and I am happy with the progress. The right side is still a little weaker than the left but its minor. Ill post pics in a couple of weeks for the 11 mth mark.

Waiting to hear back from Steve for dates for my top up on the forelock. Also looking to get some hairs into the temple points just to give them a little more definition as they are weak (always have been) especially with the new stronger hairline. Think just a few hairs would make quite a difference but ill see what the doc says.

Just checked out your progress and its coming along very nicely, great to see!!

Good to hear Stu.

I know what you mean about temple points. I haven't really had very pronounced temples either. Best to get the docs view like you said. You might get away with sprinkling a few grafts there!

Current Regimen:

• 2 weeks later...

So here is my 11 month update (I missed month 10 due to the Christmas madness, ha!!). With regards growth since month 9, I'm not too sure that many more hairs have actually sprouted but the thickness has definitely improved so I am happy with the progress. Its certainly easier to style the hair at the front and I received a couple of good comments over the festive break. In fact my mother said that I look the better now than I have done in years. She put it down to me putting on some muscle and the fact that I have grown my hair longer (she has no idea about the HT). I have put on a little weight but its definitely the hair that makes the big difference!! I must state though that I was wearing a very small amount of concealer (caboki - great stuff) in my weak forelock area. But still, the new hairline is such a confidence booster.

As anyone who has been following this thread knows, my forelock area is still weak, which you can see from the pics. The clinic's rep Steve and Dr. Bisanga have been great though and I am scheduled to head back to the clinic in mid-May for a touch up. Not ideal, but hey ho!

As im heading back I'll also be addressing my temple points with a small amount of hair to be transplanted to give more definition. You can see from the photos that they are pretty weak (always have been) and i think this is even more obvious with the new stronger hairline. We are keeping it very conservative though bearing in mind potential future loss. I feel even a conservative amount should make a reasonably big difference though. I have outlined what im looking to get in the pics. The doc reckons around 400 grafts for each side of the donor should address the temples. It seems like quite a few grafts but I think the temple points are worth it as they add great definition to a face. They reckon I will need 300 grafts to address the forelock and and any other areas that may require a touch up (ie the right side is a little weak as you can see from the pics).

Anyway thats it for now but let me know your thoughts.

IMG_20140118_145909.jpg.06122159403b2ad0e1517d2d0572ee6a.jpg

IMG_20140118_145813.jpg.b79eabb6b44579c6c729bbbb8fa065f2.jpg

IMG_20140118_145718.jpg.bab16412e27fba818b902d3d68d72c0f.jpg

IMG_20140118_145543.jpg.ee802d16f1202e83d0a264af76d82502.jpg

Cheers stinger, yeah im very happy with the results. As you said just a couple of minor touch ups and some work on the temples and it will be a job very well done. Thankfully I wont have to shave the top of my head for the touch up (obviously the donor will be shaved) so the recovery should be a lot easier the second time around. And here is hoping no shock loss this time!!

Hey Stu, I've been following your thread. IMO sort the forelock but I don't think you should touch the temples at all. They look grand as is and you might want those extra graphs elsewhere in the future. Seriously man that area from eyebrow height to hairline is AOK.

Hey Loose, thanks for the comment. While I agree that the forelock is the priority, I believe the temple points do need a small amount of work. As I said previously, with the stronger hairline, the weak temple points do stand out a little in my opinion. There is definitely an element of hair greed in wanting to restore the area but I think temple points are as important as the hairline is defining the face. In general I think their importance is underrated.

I will only really be designing the temple points when I meet with the doc on the day of the surgery in May but im definitely going to keep it conservative so will keep the grafts used to a minimum. I have often heard comments saying that they should be left alone to conserve the grafts for potential further loss on top, which can be a valid point. But I would prefer a stronger hairline with good temple points and a weakish crown to more coverage on top with weak temple points as I think that just looks a little 'off' to me. Each to their own I guess!!

• 1 year later...

Patient sent a 9 Month update from last surgery to touch areas of shock loss etc and to touch temple points also to better frame his face.

Quote from Stublu

"It's actually only just gone 9 months and all is well. As per my first op it took a good 6 months before the recipient area on top started seeing real growth. Month 7 and 8 were great and I'm very happy with the result so far. The temple points grew in much quicker and I think add a good bit of shape to my face."

End Quote.

Thanks as always for patient for sharing and allowing us to update.

IMG_1734.jpg.9c782072b70945efad95dcb582dda677.jpg

IMG_1736.jpg.5a16ce11b5590366c2364647c903148b.jpg

IMG_1739.jpg.d6f4592c81981a2e6b43f2b0bb04cd0c.jpg

IMG_1738.jpg.6d07c8022012c8538042278e3fbf9183.jpg

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, just thought i would post an update on my situation.

As you can see from the previous post by BHR I went for a follow up 2nd procedure in mid 2014 to address my temple points and to fill in a small gap just behind my hairline. A total of c. 1,200 grafts. And the results were great per the above photos.

2 years later and I decided to go back to BHR for another small session (I clearly prefer smaller sessions to maintain the look rather than waiting and having larger sessions). This time around it was agreed that I would need around 750 grafts to address some continued weakness behind the transplanted hairline. To be fair the weakness was not noticeable at all and very easy to hide with a combed back look. It was more a case of hair greed on my part and as I said previously, I prefer small sessions as you dont have to shave the recipient and down time is significantly reduced!

So in Jun-16 I had my 3rd op. with c. 850 grafts placed into my frontal half just behind the previously transplanted hairline. It was fairly plain sailing and I was back in work after a week without anyone noticing (due to the non-shaved recipient as I keep my back & sides short anyway).

I had some mild shock loss in the donor area despite the small number of grafts. But this again was only really noticeable to me. Thankfully the hairline didn't suffer any shock loss. Anyway, its been just over 6 months since the op so thought I would post some photos.

The growth is coming in nicely. The new hairs make it easier to style my hair without any disconnect between the hairline and the mid-scalp if that makes sense!

So definitely worth the 850 grafts. In total, since Feb-13, I have had around 4,100 grafts placed into the front half and I believe I have c. 2,000 - 3,000 grafts left. As you can see from my first posts, I have come a long way and the result has been great!!

My crown remains fairly strong (I use minox & nettle root but not propecia due to sides) but there is a fair chance I'll need to go back in a few years to address some further mid-scalp recession. A sparse crown doesn't bother me!

So let me know if you have any questions or comments.

5b32f08a126b4_Back1.thumb.jpg.2e8d48bdd89fac52cbbf9cae9658db22.jpg

5b32f08a27ea0_Back2.thumb.jpg.15e1e4c8cefa6acb69a7291ccf7c3aab.jpg

Front.thumb.jpg.4ea3f329fa8a69324f1e54276864a881.jpg

5b32f08a538fa_Frontleft.jpg.cadba20d7a89912bf4e29a5326c9b137.jpg

Bisanga is a genius and made me a believer in FUE!

Agreed looking very good overall especially for not being on Fin.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)