2,093 Grafts Dr. Bisanga

Stublue

Hey fitnessjunkie, cheers for the well wishes.

Yeah I'm pretty sure we are through the worst of it alright. Hope you are healing well too and ill make sure to keep an eye on your thread to see how you are getting on. We should be in for a good summer if all goes to plan, and i'm sure it will!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it has been just over 3 months now since the HT so I figured its time for another quick update. My shockloss in the donor area has definitely improved. I would hazard a guess that around 50% has grown back so im hoping that it will be all back by month 4 but we shall see. I am continuing the shave down the sides and back anyway just to help disguise the loss. Nobody seems to notice anything anymore so that's all good.

With regards the recipient area not much has happened to be honest but i figured that would be the case. You cant really tell from the photos but there are some hairs sprouting through. My middle forelock is starting to see some hairs coming through and I am delighted with that. I can only see around 5 or 6 hairs and while it would appear to be no different to what it was pre-op, the few hairs that are coming through are definitely making a difference to me and disguising the loss just by combing the hair is getting easier (as you can see from the second photo). I have been pretty much bald there for a few years so bring on the hairs!!

So from all my research i believe this is when i should start to see some more significant growth. Hopefully i wont prove to be a slow grower as time seems to be going so slowly already! But i reckon im well through the worst of it anyway and it will be great to actually have a decent hairline again in the very near future. I am still concerned that the centre forelock just behind the hairline where the hairs were implanted will be weak after the full result but time will tell.

I will probably give it another month before I update again but if anyone has any questions/observations please feel free to share them.

5b32d8963bbc1_3monthsfront.jpg.4f8690d5b96a0dc51b961f82761ec4db.jpg

5b32d8964c01c_3monthsfront2.jpg.a7c869d26d9664fe4cb2e3565d359e88.jpg

5b32d8965aafe_3monthsshockloss.jpg.4204fccaa5e5357645664dd982192762.jpg

G'day Stu

Thanks for providing an update.

Levrais is right in that the next 3 months should really show some good growth. You should have a great hairline soon mate!

By the way, are you sitll taking the Keratene Retard Pills? I've been on them about 2 weeks now as I get sides from propecia.

Cheers!

Cheers guys, yeah hopefully the next 3 months will see some serious growth!

Im still taking keratene fitnessjunkie. I started around 2 months ago and so far I haven't really noticed anything (good or bad) but there are some other forums that are showing good results. I'm taking 1 capsule a day but you can take 2. Even without the meds I don't think I was losing that much as my loss seems very slow but then again I could well be wrong!! I just want to make sure I hold onto what I have especially now that I have had a HT. I haven't suffered any sides at all so thats a good thing. Hope your recovery is going well and you are starting to see some growth, It should be an interesting next 3 months!

Im still taking keratene fitnessjunkie. I started around 2 months ago and so far I haven't really noticed anything (good or bad) but there are some other forums that are showing good results. I'm taking 1 capsule a day but you can take 2. Even without the meds I don't think I was losing that much as my loss seems very slow but then again I could well be wrong!! I just want to make sure I hold onto what I have especially now that I have had a HT. I haven't suffered any sides at all so thats a good thing. Hope your recovery is going well and you are starting to see some growth, It should be an interesting next 3 months!

No worries mate. I guess it's one of those things where it's pretty damn hard to know if anything is working or not. I'll keep taking it along with minoxidil and hope for the best. Here's to the next few months of growth!! :D

Looking on track alright Stu. This is where the fun begins! You're quite lucky in that at no real point you seemed too put off with the tight hair/ugly duckling period. I don't think I'll be so lucky!

I'm just under 3 months away from my procedure with BHR, so I've just reread this thread to get an idea of growth times etc of native hair post op. I see that you're taking MSM and Biotin and you feel that your hair regrew very slowly. Out of interest, what exact dose were you taking? I have both in my current regimen, but I think I'll ramp up the amount post op.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Hi Johnny,

Yeah the whole ugly duckling period wasnt too much fun but I suppose you have to take it as short term pain for longer term gain. Luckily, I have alway kept my hair short, especially on the back and sides so while the donor shock loss was far from ideal, it wasn't too bad for me. Plus the fact that I have quite a few grey hairs on the sides means that the shock loss doesn't stand out as much as it could have. The shock loss is getting better on a daily basis now so it should be back to normal in the next few weeks or so. Here is hoping anyway!!

With regards MSM and biotin, I was taking smallish amounts (2,000 mg MSM and 1000 mcg Biotin i think!) for the 2 months or so after the HT. At that stage I ran out of MSM so stopped taking that. I still take the odd biotin supplement when I remember but not too often. I have a very healthy diet (im a qualified dietary consultant - a hobby) and to be honest I think supplements are somewhat overrated but each to their own. Having said that maybe if i had increased the dosages my hair might have grown a little faster as it seemed to take an eternity to get back to the pre-HT stage!

Hi Stu. How are things coming along? How are you going with the Keratene. Have you noticed anything at all since starting it.?

Hi Bobilero,

Just a few more hairs have sprouted through in the last 2 weeks since my last update but no cosmetic difference as of yet. But that's perfectly expected. The shock loss is still evident but getting better.

As I said to fitnessjunkie its pretty difficult to tell what effect Keratene is having as my loss has always been very slow. As far as I can tell, my hair loss certainly hasn't got worse so I reckon it is helping to a degree. I only take the 1 capsule but you can take 2. I haven't suffered any sides so that's all good. I'll continue to keep a close eye.

• 2 weeks later...

So its now 4 months post op and i think things are starting to finally happen. Its hard to tell from the photos but quite a few hairs have sprouted through in the last month and' i have the very early beginnings of a structured hairline, albeit its very sparse. I certainly dont t think im an early grower but i appear to be on schedule i guess. The centre area seems to be coming in a little slower than the sides but I could be wrong as the centre area was pretty much bald so it may just seem more sparse.

The shock loss on the donor area is still evident but is getting better slowly but surely. I was hoping that it would have been all back to normal by now but unfortunately not. I seem to keep on saying this, but hopefully the hair will have all returned in the next month.

Anyway, that's it for now but feel free to make any comments or ask any questions. Cheers.

5b32d9123129d_4mthsfront.jpg.803ee6793f876bd74930bd723500047b.jpg

5b32d91245e74_4mthsfrontloss.jpg.b4eeece11d07d9357c4e35b6ac0bae63.jpg

5b32d9125b807_4mthsleft.jpg.7c9e47757c5613ce6345ccb820ee5b74.jpg

5b32d912722ac_4mthsright.jpg.4583b7e24af90c6d0f8e9c24b4e98b47.jpg

5b32d9128ac7b_4mthsshockloss.jpg.3f5bdacc21383e03e055d20751a9a8f0.jpg

Starting to come on Stu. I find that the contrast in most cases between months 4-5 stand out the most for a given 4 week period so you should be getting hairs sprouting on a daily basis at this point!

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

Looking good Stu!!! A bit jealous of your hair. I always wanted the Salt and Pepper look....but no gray hair as of yet. I keep hoping I'll see them start popping up, but nothing yet......

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Stublue,

It looks like your new hair is showing signs of life, which is very typical at 4 months. The next several months should be very exciting as your new hair blossoms and your hairline becomes further refined. Dr. Bisanga is truly excellent and I look forward to seeing your final results, probably in time for the holidays :-).

Best wishes,

Bill

Hang in there and be patient. And be prepared for growth bursts here and there and then for things to quiet down again. I had a lot of growth around 4-6 months.

Then as far as i can tell things hardly changed from 6-8 months. Then 8/9 months can see more growth and maturing beginning to happen.

Everyone is different but FUE takes little longer to come in. A good 12-15 months before you can get an idea of final result.

Should start to take off now Stublue.

Just a little bit more patience.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Cheers for all the encouraging words guys!! Really helps to hear from people who have gone through the whole experience. And I know its all about patience now and I am trying to avoid looking in the mirror every morning to see if there have been any further developments! I’ll make sure to continue updating the forum as it has really helped over the last few months.

And agenteye its not often I get complimented about my grey hairs so thanks. I must say I like the grey hairs too, adds a touch of experience and sophistication. Not that I lack any of that mind you!

Hahahaha. I always thought that grey added a more sophisticated, refined/distinguished look to a gentleman. You pull it off very well......and even if experience and sophistication were lacking, it's a great cover-up!! ;-)

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

• 4 weeks later...

How are things looking at 5 months Stu?

Current Regimen:

Yep so the 5 months are up alright. As you can see from the photos there has been progress from month 4 but I suppose I was hoping for a little more at this stage. Some days when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror I am happy with how it has progressed but when i examine it more closely I can feel a little disheartened. While a good few hairs have sprouted through, the hairline remains very sparse and weak, especially considering i had nearly 2,100 grafts into a relatively small area.

I am fully aware that its still early days and I am probably just being a little paranoid. Plus i am probably comparing my growth to some early growers on this forum, which doesn't help!! I know everyone is different but according to the general growth rate, 40% of my hair should have come through at month 5 and I feel that I'm not close to that. But again, I know its still relatively early and I'm probably just being very impatient. So here is hoping I have a good month 6. Some positive news is that my shock loss in the donor area has pretty much corrected itself (about 90% back id say).

Any comments, fire away. I should say that the photos i have attached make it look a little worse than it actually is. They are under harsh light and i haven't combed my hair to help disguise the receding hairline. Basically, it looks better when I give it some style!!

5b32d97c5c447_5monthsfront.jpg.684b28c9689a85833115f63dd90c80c4.jpg

5b32d97c6f470_5monthsleft.jpg.b06dccbc51244aba9589dfabf04c5603.jpg

5b32d97c85f9a_5monthsright.jpg.694f1ee782d675c1ea3f8b737e46af91.jpg

5b32d97ca8ecf_5monthsdonor.jpg.7a81159fc10c88e2e0291ef26a877e56.jpg

Thanks for the update.

Glad the shock loss came in, it takes time but usually does come in okay as the hair cycles again.

The growth is five months to the day so still early and improved from four months so going in the right direction.

As you say some grow faster than others but it seems to be coming in all over where placed, not dense but we are still early and things will pick up in the coming months in terms of density and quality of hair also, so, try to be patient. I've been there many times before and I know it is not easy post op and especially with the shock loss you had also, but much more to come at this stage.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Hang in there Stu!

I'm the same in that I will always try and compare my growth at X months to somebody elses. I'm sure most of us do this and can certainly add to some anxiety and disappointment early on after the procedure. We all know Bisanga is world class and I am sure you'll start getting decent growth over the next couple of months!