too young for hair transplant ?? what the hell!

Your a solid NW V/VI. Personally, I think several docs woould take on this case provided that you have a good donor bank. You have skin on the darker side to go along with your dark hair which works to your advantage.

Good Luck and pm me if you want some specific advice on docs. I have learned a thing or two in my 5 years on this site :)

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

ok guys heres the pics as promised

Have a look at this patient:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/165487-5000-fue-dr-de-reys.html

In your situation I probably wouldnt attempt anything other than FUE.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Looks like you're a NW V, heading toward a NW VI.

Keep us updated on the consultation!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I skimmed this entire topic and have a couple of thoughts.

1. Dr. Vogel is decent and reputable doctor. He does excellent work and unlike a few of our local competitors, doesn't give really young guys a hairline that looks good at age 22 and then looks goofy at 42. Value his opinion.

2. If the 2 headshots were of the fellow that started the thread, I'd be very cautious. I can't even tell if you have enough quality hair to donate to make it a viable option. Definitely get an inperson visit prior to committing to surgery.

3. I personally have no problem doing young patients...as long as a few guidelines are met. A: I plan a hairline that will hopefully be reasonable at a significantly older age (this is too conservative for some younger guys and I've seen plenty that went elsewhere, got a low hairline, and then had real trouble either looking normal as they age or keeping up with future recession)

B: I try to beat it into everyone involved in the decision that this may be the first of several surgeries to camouflage, not cure, hairloss.

C: I encourage parents to come to the consultation and even sit in the office or placing room.

While parents may not always see eye to eye with kids, they are often helpful in making big decisions like this. I would personally recommend you, the thread starter, to take your parents with you to any and all consultations. Value their opinions prior to making your decision.

Good luck.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Your pictures suck, and you can't get a sense of your donor hair. I would also let your hair grow out to let the doctor get a sense of how coarse your hair is and how it grows in. I my experience going in for a consult with a shave head does not help them.

"I think a conservative FUE route could work for you that will add some definition, allow you to keep a buzzed look"

maybe add SMP