Did i lose transplanted hair

Sorry BK, I didn't know you posted a question addressed to me till now.

It looks like Garageland addressed your concerns regarding scabs that came out that look like the follicles still attached. You don't have anything to worry about regarding what's happening post operatively. It's all part of the normal healing process.

Heal and grow well.

Thanks Janna!!!

Bk123,

You can use minox 14 days after the transplant in the recipient area but you should check what your clinics post op instructions say, did they not give you anything in writing/email to refer to?

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Bk123,

You can use minox 14 days after the transplant in the recipient area but you should check what your clinics post op instructions say, did they not give you anything in writing/email to refer to?

Nothing is written about minoxidil & finistride.

When I call them they say minoxidil can be use, bt I am not sure if they were enthusiastic or nt.

Minoxidil contains alcohol and this would be the last thing I would put anywhere near the grafts postop.

But I guess some clinics recommend it after a certain amount of time.

Fin should be fine and I think almost all clinics recommend taking pre-op and not stopping.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Some clinics say it's okay after 7 days, others 2 weeks. I've seen some that recommend to wait 3 - 6 months. All from reputable clinics that have shown great results. I went by the '10-day rule' that says grafts are safe by then. But I discontinued use after 10 days because of shedding in my crown area. I was a first-time user.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

studies have post-op patients starting to use minoxidil as early as DAY 3 in the recipient area, so at DAY 17 you will be fine

plus those pics are not shed bulbs so don't worry

at DAY 17 your recipient looks fantastic in terms of placement and density and with the density and hair quality behind the transplanted area there's an excellent chance that

this is going to be an A+ result when it grows in

any pre-op pics?

We used to tell our patients to apply Rogaine a week after surgery, however, we notice there were many patients stating they were experiencing some form of skin irritation so soon after surgery. We now ask them to start applying on the recipient area 2 weeks after surgery. It's best to start off gradually to test your skin condition. If all is fine after few days, then apply normally.

• 2 years later...

Hello everyone,

I had a HT 17 days ago and am quite curious why shedded hair has the J shape or L shape. I am physician myself, but cannot get any explanations in the books or the net.

May be the gurus of HT, can help us out.