Did i lose transplanted hair

Chicago,

The grafts are fully anchored by day 7 - 10, and losing grafts between this time and the first 2 months is totally normal. You should begin to see some regrowth by month 3, and continue progressing and maturing from there.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Yes. They'll be L shape and some that are J shaped. What you have to prepare for is that eventually all of your transplanted hairs will shed. You'll notice majority of it fall out within the first 2 months. The rest will shed but it'll be more difficult to notice because new hairs will be growing through by then.

• 11 months later...
Yes. They'll be L shape and some that are J shaped. What you have to prepare for is that eventually all of your transplanted hairs will shed. You'll notice majority of it fall out within the first 2 months. The rest will shed but it'll be more difficult to notice because new hairs will be growing through by then.

Janna

I am on 12 days post ht , most of the crusts is cleared .

From 7th day some white wrapped hairs began to shed and some like L shape looks like root .will they regrow?

I didn't experienced any bleeding at all,healing was also very fast.i am attaching pics

Please help

image.jpg.91e68819dcc1ba1577e0cbcb9f63b179.jpg

Hmm, Bk, someone else please weigh in here, but that looks like entire grafts and not just shafts of hair. Where did you have your procedure done?

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

This is current look. Looks sparse as I think 10-12%hairs already shedded.

But now shedding is stop after crust is cleared

image.jpg.3c5ff4697e340d86879b1f1f32b8ec1a.jpg

Did you pull or pluck at those grafts/hairs? Or did they fall out with normal gentle washing? Also, how old are you? Your original hairline looks full and dense.

The remaining graft placement doesn't look sparse. I've just never seen shedding like that. I hope the remaining grafts are securely in place. Were you receding before the procedure or did you just want to lower/strengthen your hairline?

Chicago,

The grafts are fully anchored by day 7 - 10, and losing grafts between this time and the first 2 months is totally normal. You should begin to see some regrowth by month 3, and continue progressing and maturing from there.

Good luck!

Future ht doc

Please consider my posts ..

BK123

I honesty don't think you have you lost any transplanted hairs for good.

You have lost a large number of the transplanted hair shafts with the crusting that has been removed and they do look a little scary as they have clumped together but provided no blood came out you should be fine. The cell that produces the hair will be firmly in place in the scalp.

Remember everyone he has zoomed in on the crusts so they look worse.

The recipient area looks clean and not damaged after 14 days so I think all looks fine.

Good growth to you.

Edited by Garageland

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Ultimately I think it's best to consult your surgeon about these kinds of worries or concerns. If you chose well, they are usually very responsive and understanding as the first several weeks after a HT can be quite an adventure.

Edited by Since21

Ultimately I think it's best to consult your surgeon about these kinds of worries or concerns. If you chose well, they usually very responsive and understanding as the first several weeks after a HT can be quite an adventure.

Thanks mate!

Sorry BK, I didn't know you posted a question addressed to me till now.

It looks like Garageland addressed your concerns regarding scabs that came out that look like the follicles still attached. You don't have anything to worry about regarding what's happening post operatively. It's all part of the normal healing process.

Heal and grow well.

Hi all

It's 17 days post ht, there is no more crust etc in the transplanted area , I started using minoxidil on my native hairs from 2nd week.can I apply it to transplanted area also?