K?RATENE Alphactive ® Retard

HARIRI

I discovered Keratene Alphactive Retard online and it sounds very promising. I just had my 1st hair restoration surgery yesterday. Up until a couple of years ago, I had taken propecia for almost 10 years with good results. But finally, two years ago, I stopped because 10 years was enough! And every time I've tried to re-start propeica, I get god-awful headaches. As an alternative to the propecia, now having completed my surgery and desperately wanting to keep my new hair, I'm considering two options:

1) Life Extension Super Saw Palmetto/Nettle Root Formula with Beta-Sitosterol alternating with Hair Vitalics from The Belgavria Center + a pygeum supplement + a decaf green tea supplement OR

Just going with the Keratene Alphactive product alone as I spoke to someone online via their website and she confirmed that taking it with saw palmetto or other similar products will make the Keratene Alphactive inactive! Her advice regarding not taking anything else with it was reflective of this statement on their site: ATTENTION: DO NOT COMBINE K?RATENE® alphactive retard with any of the older DHT decreasing medicines!

If anyone has a suggestion as to which route to take, I'd love to hear it!!!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Just going with the Keratene Alphactive product alone as I spoke to someone online via their website and she confirmed that taking it with saw palmetto or other similar products will make the Keratene Alphactive inactive! Her advice regarding not taking anything else with it was reflective of this statement on their site: ATTENTION: DO NOT COMBINE KERATENE® alphactive retard with any of the older DHT decreasing medicines!

If anyone has a suggestion as to which route to take, I'd love to hear it!!!:)

For those that wanna ease-out fina and polish the rough edges, here's the tip!

You can cycle fina with kera if you're on the former still.

Here are some studied schedules (strictly off-the record, unofficial and at your own risk!):

type 1 (maintenance mode):

1 day 1mg fina (1/day), next day kera (2 caps/day 10am/9pm - correct times are essential, allow minimum 12 hours between fina and kera) and so on...

type 2 (active therapy mode for die-hard fina fans):

7 consecutive days 1mg fina, 3 days kera (2 caps/day 10am/9pm - correct times are essential, allow minimum 12 hours between fina and kera)!

Absolutely positively DO NOT mix them at the same time/ in the same day!

The peak/off-peak of DHT (cycle of high-low values) is reasonably linear and you get to keep the positive effects of both treatments plus slightly less sides from fina.

The long-term effects of fina however (for those that pop fina for many years...). are irreversible and may continue even after you stop the treatment with fina.

The above is not necessarily valid for the combination between kera & whatever supplements as the observation was made exclusively on men following the fina/kera schedules.

Possible side effects of kera for first time users of kera only (actually of the low DHT itself):

mild dizziness (1st to 2nd week), mild fatigue, possible shedding (of telogen hairs anyways, so don't freak out, it's normal, 1st to 2nd month), mild transient paresthesia (like ants crawling on the skin)

The good: kera retard it's fully compatible with their new keratene xetra (for those of you wishing to boost libido and have a harder boner boner in the morning while on fina), so you can actually cycle both dht suppressors and get a slightly improved sex drive (checked&true :D ).

The bad: the former is (still) available, the later (xetra) is not available yet.

(xetra is not a hair loss treatment, it's just a libido booster, not a testosterone booster - avoid those if you wanna keep your hairs!)

Then, kera will not increase/decrease the anagen-telogen period. your telogen hair strands will fall eventually with or without kera/fina. they do that anyway, even on fina. who claims that "their hair loss stooooped (uh!) immediately on fina", is either oblivious or a poor observer.

More tips from friends and foes:

- kera doesn't grow hair. are you nw4 or more? consider well before buying it, may not be very effective for these types (says so on the product info, so consider saving your cash unless you wanna save what's left).

- combination of various supplements/boosters/meds can cause unexpected and surprisingly weird sides, so do avoid crazy things and stay away from the meds closet.

- creatine plus T boosters + fina and/or kera equals guaranteed trouble and very very very poor results. creatine + T boosters practically wipe out any positive effects of non-medicated dht suppressors. avoid for you best interest!

- intense itch of/on the scalp (i mean the real bad m**r f**r type of itch) signals a massive shedding (telogen & 'almost' exogen strands, but one could freak out). expect in the next 48 to 72 hours to loose some.

what to do -what to do? take preemptive actions and use a product with ketoconazole or the kera shampoo +/- ultra (contains anti bacteriological agents anyway, but needs to be use the same day when the itch begins). it won't save the dead strands but it will make it easier for... the next time.

- avoid overdosing B7/B6. some dudes pop massive, industrial amounts of b7/b6 in the order of grams of b7 to hundreds of milligrams of b6. b6 in massive dose will cause liver toxicity, b7 in industrial quantities will make it worse + kidney failure on long term.

well tolerated is up to (max!!!) 20 x the drd for b7 (go for max 10x for your balls' sakes) and up to (max!) 3x the drd for b6.

Hope it helps!

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys, I have an announcement. I quit using KAR not because of any sides as I didn't get any with one pill a day regime but because I didn't have any noticeable results for more than 6 months. So I switched back to Standardized Saw Palmetto Extract as I don't see much difference between both of them. At least I know the ingredients of what I'm taking because KAR sounds mysterious. I asked many times about the breakdown of it and they kept telling me its confidential. Right now I'm using GNC HERBAL PLUS standardized saw palmetto twice a day as instructed. Good Luck Guys.:)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

• 4 months later...

I'm a diffuse thinner :( I've been using Minox and Nizoral for almost 2 years now. While I had some regrowth I would still shed a good amount of hair on a daily basis. While putting on rogaine, while in the shower etc I would say I shedded a depressing amount of hair. I'm on month 5 of Keratene retard 2 pills a day. I've noticed no sides on my libido, as pointed out in the research. I'm 35 y/o and still get random boners and horny as fuck. Sure the frequency is no longer there (thats just the aging process i guess) but the desire sure as hell is. Anyways, this product has definitely worked for me the amount of shedding is drastically down and people have commented on my balding slowing down and my hair looking better. However I attribute most of the hair regrowth to the minox and the improvement in hair retention to the retard as it seems to have drastically slowed my balding. These are obviously just my opinions based on my personal experience and not backed or observed scientifically.

cliffs:

- 5 months on it

- Shedding decreased drastically

- No sides, thus far

- Would recommend.

• 1 year later...