1200 graph tranplant this Friday Sept 25!! Any Feedback plz

BaldingLuka

Hi everyone,

I hope this is in the right spot for this post. I am a 24 years old and have had a receding hairline since i was in my 20's. I have used propecia and nizoral shampoo the last year as advised by members of this website. I have had decent results with the pill and shampoo. The parts that i have fully lost have not fixed and will not probably.I have decided the last 2 weeks that i want to fix my hairline with a sergury.

Iv been getting anxiety about this decision since i set a operating date 2 weeks ago.

I have attached 2 pictures, one I drew a blue line of what i was quoted at the clinic roughly in the 2nd pic. I had a meeting with the consultant first and then a second meeting with Dr. Larry Fremont himself at the operating office, no pressure environment both times. The consultant also recommended 1 year of EXT but I turned it down and was given 3 months free to try it out.

My questions is does 1200 graphs sound right for what i am doing?

I am having Dr. Larry Freemont of the Hair Club in Toronto doing my surgery, I have seen a few of his posts on here but he is not reccomanded, well only 3 sergens are in Ontario.

Anyways, is this Hair Club and Dr. Larry Fremont a reputable clinic and sergen? <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

Please any feedback would be great, my operation is this Friday and I will cancel if i need too.

Posting a link to pics now....cant resize them...

Hi everyone,

I hope this is in the right spot for this post. I am a 24 years old and have had a receding hairline since i was in my 20's. I have used propecia and nizoral shampoo the last year as advised by members of this website. I have had decent results with the pill and shampoo. The parts that i have fully lost have not fixed and will not probably.I have decided the last 2 weeks that i want to fix my hairline with a sergury.

Iv been getting anxiety about this decision since i set a operating date 2 weeks ago.

I have attached 2 pictures, one I drew a blue line of what i was quoted at the clinic roughly in the 2nd pic. I had a meeting with the consultant first and then a second meeting with Dr. Larry Fremont himself at the operating office, no pressure environment both times. The consultant also recommended 1 year of EXT but I turned it down and was given 3 months free to try it out.

My questions is does 1200 graphs sound right for what i am doing?

I am having Dr. Larry Freemont of the Hair Club in Toronto doing my surgery, I have seen a few of his posts on here but he is not reccomanded, well only 3 sergens are in Ontario.

Anyways, is this Hair Club and Dr. Larry Fremont a reputable clinic and sergen? <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

Please any feedback would be great, my operation is this Friday and I will cancel if i need too.

Posting a link to pics now....cant resize them...

Thanks guys,

How about the Hair Club itself? haven't they been around for a while and are a growing company with many locations?? which would make me feel like a reputable company...

Yes 24 is a early age. My theory was to chase the problem at a young age and take control rather then it control you bold. Fortunately the propecia has worked with no side effects and i plan on committing to this for a very long time. I hope this stops the problem or really slows it down.

So the game plan is to fix the front, keep on the pill, start rogaine foam and hopefully the problem stops. If not maybe the hair cloning technology will be avialable within 10 years! or some sort of new technology.

The short answer is yes, having a HT at early age does deplete the donor area, especially if you have your hairline set very low and then you continue to lose more hair (which given you are likely to live for another 60+ years, is not unlikely). You don't want to end up chasing your hairline to the back of your head, which is highly likely given your early stage of hair loss.

Without seeing pictures from the clinic (or more importantly the doctor that is performing the surgery) it's hard for anyone on these boards to comment on whether your chosen clinic is any good or not. If you do decide to cancel, I would recommend getting a consultation (even the online variety) with a recommended surgeon. Feller in New York is only a short plane ride from Toronto.

Also, be careful to choose the right method. Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is likely the best option for such a small number of grafts, as it means you can still shave your head if you choose not to go with future surgeries. Strip surgery will leave a linear scar which is harder to hide and thus ties you in to future surgeries. Good luck though, either way.

WOAH, you need to slow down. You have obviously not done your due diligence and that is a MAJOR pitfall for any HT patient, especially a 24-year-old. I would cancel, regardless of whether or not you lose a deposit. trust me, a wrong decision can end up leaving you with a worse looking hairline than what you started with and having to pay large sums of money to get it fixed.

my advice to you is to schedule consults with TOP doctors ONLY. If you are in Canada that means H&W and Rahal. hair club sounds like bosley, mhr, etc. which are hair mills. you might get a decent ht from them but it's a crapshoot and you cannot afford to gamble because as you have stated your donor supply is limited and you're so young.

please do your research and fully understand what you are getting yourself into.

best of luck!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Balding Luka,

hairthere is right. Hair Club does NOT have a solid reputation as a hair transplant clinic. Dr. Fremont may or may not be a good surgeon, but what about his technicians who play a very significant role in the surgery? No one has any idea how reliable they are.

Besides, 24 is very young to get a HT. Have you even tried out Propecia yet? You should be on that for at least a year before you get a HT.

Right now, your hair doesn't look bad. Receding maybe, but not bad. 1200 graphs won't do much for you anyways. I hate to be so blunt, but cancel immediately and start doing your research. Not all HT surgeons are equal. I learned the hard way. Just count yourself lucky that you have been forewarned.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I wouldnt go with hairclub, go with a recommended clinic, by all means have the transplantr if you have your mind set on it, but I assume you want a natural result?

Just because Hair Club has been around a long time, doesnt mean they are any good. How much deposit did you put down?

Hey guys,

Woah thanx for all the advice. I am going to cancel in the morning or now. I put down $500 deposit that i might lose. big deal..... i put down the rest of the money recently in a draft but in the contract it will be refunded to me in full if 3 days notice is given which it will.

Iv been on propecia for a year. Yes it has helped. I just wanted my front hairline back thats gone completely bold, I just got a new marketing job that pays decent and being fresh out of school I wanted to fix some of the neglect i have put my body through in college. And yes you are right about FUE for my age.

I will update this thread in the morning. I still do want some sort of minor HT though....I can post other pics to show how much has receded etc.

They could fully well keep your full deposit. But don't let it bother you. You are making the wise choice. You would have regretted getting a HT with Hair Club, but you'll never regret taking more time to study the webblogs, the before and after photos in the Patient and Surgeon forums. Get to know the work of each Coalition Doc on this site and narrow it down to your favorites. Hair Club is not even good with wigs, let alone Hair Transplants. Not to overstate the obvious, but you made a life-saving decision in my opinion.

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

They shouldn't keep the $6,000.00. Usually you just lose the deposit. If they try to keep your $6,000, don't let them hear the end of it. Tell them you have been trying to contact them. That'd be extremely telling if they tried to keep all the money for a procedure never done.

The reason for a deposit is to hold the spot in case you cancel. they should not keep your full balance--you'd be paying for a service you didn't use.

oh and btw, i'm so glad you listened to us.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Lucky, lucky escape in my opinion.

That hairline is too low and closed at the temples considering your early hairloss. It might look good for a few years and it might be what you want now but by the time you're in you'll 30's / 40's you'll have a problem.

Follow the advice here and if you do decide to go ahead with surgery, only go with a what are considered to be the very best doctors in the world. There are only a handful of them and Hair Club ain't one of them!

Top docs aren't any more expensive but it could save you a fortune in time and money in the long run. Be prepared to jump on a plane and some docs will even cover your airfare and hotel.

It's a huge decision, especially at 24 and one that requires far more research.

Good luck.

Hey BaldingLuka,

I actually got my hair transplant from Dr. Gaffney of Hair Club and haven't heard of this Dr. Fremont. I just went on the website and his name isn't on the Hair Transplant list.

I am documenting my experience. So its not up to me to tell someone to go to them or not, they can decide for themselves.

Two of my friends are also getting a HT from them and will also be documenting it so If anyone is thinking about getting a hair transplant from Hair Club, they can be the judge while following our progress.

So far I am on Week 18 (got my hair transplant in my crown) if you want to view more photos they are below. You can also see more photos of two other guys who have sent their results to me. Photos

I knocked this up for you, took 5 mins, this is the line that was drawn on your head filled in with hair, obviously it would never be this thick but it gives you an idea. It maybe be better to be a bit more conservertive, but its your choice. icon_smile.gif

100_1751_edited.JPG.58d2942fa018d93692d69f8fd4501470.JPG