FUE hair transplant with Dr Prabdeep Sohi from Reviva clinic, Chandigarh India

jeets

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 12 months results are not good.Whatever have grown are sparse and there are hundreds of grafts sitting on my crown without any growth.they just refused to grow for so many months i think they are dead n just stuck to my skin.WHAT A WASTE of my grafts N time (money is too far to think of).

i would not recommend this clinic plus they care a damn to reply by email/phone.

Why to use a doctor who would not be able to get connected ever after the surgery.

rather go with Dr arviind or dr bhatti if in India n looking only for FUE.

Really? So the hair just isn't growing?

Is it possible to get a photograph, I was actually near to booking an appointment with this surgeon, but if the results are bad....

I'm honestly surprised, considering that the clinic seems to have operated on a number of Indian celebrities and etc...

Edited by GodAwfulLuck

the 12 months results are not good.Whatever have grown are sparse and there are hundreds of grafts sitting on my crown without any growth.they just refused to grow for so many months i think they are dead n just stuck to my skin.WHAT A WASTE of my grafts N time (money is too far to think of).

i would not recommend this clinic plus they care a damn to reply by email/phone.

Why to use a doctor who would not be able to get connected ever after the surgery.

rather go with Dr arviind or dr bhatti if in India n looking only for FUE.

Couple of factors that can lead to this one being was your work, HT too densely packed ? Can you let us know what was the density done in your HT ?

I'm obviously not him, he had about 1800 at the front, which seems a normal number.

I'd assume the grafts just died.the reviva site has a number of Indian celebs who got transplants and etc, so I'm honestly more leaning to OP just being really unlucky, rather than going to a scam clinic, though considering the lack of information on this clinic anythings open.

no they were not densely packed.

Infact after 12 months i can see that 20-25 grafts/square cm in hairline seems quite low and sparse. Infact there are 2-3 small areas (patches) on hairline which has only 5-10 grafts/square cm and i have to hide it with surrounding longer hairs.

When i went to the clinic what i liked was:-

1) Ambiance was international standard.

2) The clinic looked busy and with lot of patients coming n going.

3) The website had goods photo results on it.

But since the end result is the only main thing that should matter hence i am very dissapointed on this part.

Issues:-

1) Hairline drawn well but the hairs are sparse and require toppik for density.

2) Crown hairs have stubble thick hairs which are no growing even 1 mm further since last 5 months so i assume that they are not going to grow at all.These are atleast 200-300 grafts.

3) Ever since i did my HT i was regularly emailing/calling them for pre-op marked pics which the doctor promised to email me but they never send me anything.Neither anybody cared to revert back for my multiple reminders by phone/email.

4) I also had some marks on my chest hairs (chest hair removal) so i wanted to know the name of the tube i can use to heal them faster.They did no even cared to provide me this information.They kept on tell they shall call back n inform the tube i can use but never reverted.(fucked up customer care).

5) I side part my hairs.The donor area on my left side was taken slightly above than normal, so when i side part my hairs there is considerable thinning patch on my side part which i have to fill with toppik.

Reasons:-

1) I asked the doc by email that whether he performs 1 surgery/day.He said YES, but on my day he was simultaneously performing another surgery.

I had 3200 grafts in a day and another patient similar grafts. This takes away the concentration n quality of work (we are talking about Indian FUE docs who are not the top notch in the world as of now).

2) The doc does incision and staff implant the grafts and its very important that the staff is very good in his job.In my case i can see many areas where the incision was done but grafts not placed.

They have 3 tables for performing HT i.e they can n are doing 3 surgery/day so only the lucky one will have the best staff performing it.

Were the crown hairs body hair transplant? If so, you probably can't expect them to grow to a normal length. Same that your hairs didn't grow? Is it possible to talk to other patients about it? Perhaps you just got unlucky. Bhatti and other professionals would have their occasional botched operation too, I assume.

no i did not had BHT, only got few white hairs removed from chest.

yes i am sure every doc have some percentage of bad HT ofcouse.

but with the reason i have given this doc will have higher percentage of such cases in my opinion.

but you can try you luck if you wish to, i just can talk about my experience there may be others with good results (i dont know).

• 2 weeks later...

yes eye swelled the 3 rd day of HT and on 4th day both eyes & whole face swelled like football.

Its took 3-4 days to get normal.

Swelling is normal post HT but i had a bit too much swelling for some reason.

It went away by 8th day of my HT.

• 1 month later...

as suggested by forum members i re-attempted to get in touch with the clinic 1) couple of weeks back.

Made a call landline was not picked, so i emailed them with my concerns n waited for a 1-2 days. Dint got a response so i decided to make a call to the mobile no. given on the website and the doctor himself picked the phone (lucky me).....i made him recall myself which he remembered (again lucky me).... and i told him about the issues and he promised me to revert back tmrw to my email with the answers (fair enough).

I waited for next 2 days and didnt got any reply to my email.So i thought that the doc is busy so lets just give a gentle reminder via SMS that i m eagerly waiting.... didnt got a revert for that SMS.

Suddenly at night 11 p.m i got multiple SMS messages from that mobile no. 'claiming to be some Dr rosy' who might have seen my posts here n assumed that i am trying to spoil the doc image (which i was not) and threatened me to go to Indian court (haha).....I must say that these ppl dont have time to reply to patients concerns but get time to look at the forums and once they realized that i am the same person , bombarded with multiple sms at late night? i reacted back in the same language so suddenly things were polite and they said (on sms) that they will reply to my concerns in next 24hrs (again fair enough).... its been 2-3 weeks till date i am waiting for those 24hrs to get finished.

Take your call SAM...

2) I started this thread initially to provide my (hopefully) gud experience which might help to promote the doc as well but it seems things have gone other way round.

3) I have decided to go for another HT n thinking of trying the Turkish FUE doc...already emailed them n got positive revert as well , now that is professional to say the least :-)

I would stay away from this clinic now. Why don't u speak to dr bhatti.

You have every right to give your true experience of this clinic and that maybe good or bad. You are helping us with your feedback. I would never use these guys for my ht.

Jeets lets assume that they do mean what they told you about filing a defamation suit against you, if that were to indeed happen, The Laws in India would always favour your side, a consumer or a patient's side always looked upon with sympathy and considered to be genuine and noble and is always upheld against a Doctor or a Hospital or an Institution. You should have dared them, and said to go ahead and do it. Lets see if they have the mettle ! The kind of compensation they would have had to reimburse you for any false claims or later threatening you would run in such huge amounts that they would have had to consider shutting down their business....I get mighty pissed off when Doctors like this try to flex their muscles with patients...

yes i even told them that i have enough money to fight back legally if required :-)

i must commend dr bhatti on his understanding of importance of communicating with the patients/prospective patients via email/phone, specially outstation once.

Dr bhatti has replied to each n every email i have made him in past 1.5 years (i initially wanted to have my 1st HT with him). This includes my recent email to him for my 2nd HT as well.

I have a question:-

Is anyone here who has used FUE with Non-shaven technique & had good results? Shaving full head again and waiting for first few months to grow is really frustrating.

Hey Jeet, Thanks for taking time for this...specially considering how pissed you are with your situation :) while I understand your experience was pretty bad in terms of customer service and how they assisted you post ops. and I agree its unacceptable!! but...I'm kinda hoping the transplant results weren't so bad...it will be a big favor if you could share your latest pic...I'm gonna take a call basis that...at the end of the day if your hair looks good and natural ..that's what matters..if you want you can email it to me getsad@yahoo.co.in...Thanks man!

Hi Jeet, thanks for taking time for this, specially after being so pissed with your situation :) While I understand your experience post ops with the clinic and over all customer service experience has been terrible and I agree Its unacceptable. I'm kinda hoping your HT results werent so terrible...Im gonna take call basis that...It'll be a big favor if you could share a pic or two ..latest ones. At the end of the day if your hair looks good and natural ...I'll still consider it ...my email id is getsad@yahoo.co.in..Thanks man!

Yes that would be great Jeets if you can put your one photo pre op and just besides that if you can post your photo at your 12 month mark that would give everyone of us here a chance to know how much was the amount of failure and in which all areas...

attached pics at 14 months post op .I have marked the transplanted area in red. My middle area was quite thick always.Due to slight blur pics the temples looks less sparse than they actually are.Considering 1800 grafts were placed in hairline, i have seen much better results with 1200 grafts to same area of hairline.

Ever since my 1st week of HT i kept on contacting the clinic by email/phone asking them to provide me my pre-HT pics clicked by the doctor from his camera (which he promised to send me to my email) but none bothered to even reply to my email and on phone they said that there are many patients and its difficult to find my photos to send me.

Whatever i have posted here to start this thread were taken from my own mobile phone (luckily).

crown.JPG.30aea3d73b6ca093fb496d17f49362da.JPG

5b32dd328b2ab_front1.JPG.c154bd3859764d950ac677f1ddc4f42b.JPG

5b32dd32a0e88_leftsidethinningduetodonorextraction.jpg.56e83e6d80880e3bcd418bdbcf0a4066.jpg

5b32dd32b216b_lefttemplesparsehairs.JPG.defa0d21ca02dc4f3d946ed972c782f5.JPG

5b32dd32c394d_righttemplesparsetemples1.JPG.d3aacfaf5cb468e99d34ef4cd34573b3.JPG

Jeets your Hair looks great trust me on that, If you even right now not say this yourself to anyone no one would even come to know that you have had a Hair Transplant.

And frankly you are mixing two separate issue as one issue here...which is Your Donor Area not looking normal and the other is lack of growth...I will not comment on the Donor Area not looking normal because I am no expert on how should FUE be performed better, maybe people like @mickey85 can comment on it...

As far as your growth is concerned your growth to me look close to around 90% to 95% and I don't know if you know this, but if you were to go by the disclaimer that most Hair Transplant Surgeons make regarding the yield ratio most of them say the growth would be around 95% nobody claims 100% yield. So considering that you should be pretty happy about the situation. Just my two cents !

Thanks Jeets, pretty helpful. I kinda agree with Augustya. The pictures you posted right after the surgery and these ones show some great progress. Maybe you don't realize it because you've gotten used to your new hair. I'd say you should be happy :) Ok another question..did you take any medication? or lotions for hair growth ? as in minodoxil or something?

Attached 2 pics of my pre op taken by myself for online consultation 6 months before my first HT.

I was almost 2V i.e my condition wasnt that bad.i could hide my temples with middle hairs very well previously also.I had thick middle area always.

I have physical consultation with 4 docs in India and 3 of them told that i am not the candidate for crown HT as such thinning can be recovered by medication itself.

Hence my issues are:-

1) On my Left temple whatever was transplanted has grown well but is still sparse. So sparse is my issue on this area, though i can live with it.

2) On my Right temple whatever was transplanted has NOT grown well , i can count the hairs as there are only 50-60 hairs in total in my right temple , hardly 5-10 grafts per square cms. Basically Nothing has grown in this area.This area is my major concern.

3) My crown virtually has no change. I am at 14th month post up and i have 400 odd grafts at 5mm length and are not growing even 1 mm more for many months.Now that is my another major concern as if they had grown well, same as my left temple grafts have grown than than i would had decent coverage.

4) Another issues is my exposed thin patch at the donor area at the left side which i have to use toppik to hide everytime.

5) Other than the sub-par result i have another issue with the clinic that they do not respond.They dont believe in communication.After 1 week of HT i emailed them for my pics they did not respond, called them they gave false promises.

After 1 month of HT i called/emailed them for providing me name of a tube for faster healing of my chest removed hairs, they did not care to even respond with a cream name.What kind of a clinic it is, who cannot respond to his patients queries.

Then after 12 months i again tried to contact that for same question i am raising here, but they they just have no setup for communicating with the patients.I cannot fly to their city for each n every concern or query.

I had 3200 grafts overall and i agree to say that 1500 odd grafts have grown well,majorly at my left temple and my middle area of hairline.

5b32dd382d668_crownpreopjuly2012.jpg.e59451b127b7315b5b7cfee29253e7c0.jpg

5b32dd384cf62_frontpreopjuly2012.JPG.bc235165be1dcc0e392faf66ddf340b9.JPG

Thanks a lot for all the details Jeet. So what are you planning to do now? are you going for transplant on your right temple? or would you go on medication. I understand its a lot of money to go for transplant again. I agree there is almost no growth in your crown.