2500 Grafts hairline Dr.Lindsey (1000 free grafts)

RCKHair

In his defense, he was aiming for around 1600 I believe but my strip turned out to be a lot denser than he anticipated with a lot more 1 hair follicles. I had over 1700 1- hair grafts which came up to more than half of my grafts so the graft number is inflated in that it only amounted to about 3800 hairs.

What I don`t understand is why Dr. Lindsey stated that he couldn`t "see the density" of your donor region, writes that "it really didn't look as dense as it turned out".

I myself only had a FUE procedure, so I don`t know what is the normal procedure before cutting the strip out. Wouldn`t it have been recommendable to shave the targeted area, and count the grafts in 1 cm2, and then divide the needed graft number through the previous result and voil?, he would have the squarecentimeters he`ll have to cut out? (Of course, in terms of a cache, he should have cutted out two more squarecentimeters.)

But being out by at least 700 grafts??? Regarding an already questionable 1800 graft FUT on a 21 year old? Shouldn`t that have been done with more thoughtfulness?

So if this is the norm, in my humble opinion, that should not be the case, carefully worded.

Can anybody help me out with that?

Edited by Questionmark

Does anyone know what kind of hair type I have? I cant tell if I have curly hair or wavy hair but does anyone with similar hair have any tips on managing this type of hair? The longer it gets the more difficulty I have managing it -_-

• 4 weeks later...

I'll try to get around to take a pic of the scar tomorrow. Honestly, I have not even paid much attention to the scar as its concealed pretty nicely even with a short haircut in the back.

By my calculation you aren't even 4 months out yet...I told you not to expect much til 6+. So you are ahead of schedule.

And what kind of hair do you have? DENSE and Wavy. As I told you...the best kind of hair to work with, be born with, and to style. Your only problem I fear is that your family loses a lot of hair to MPB....I think you'll need more in the future.

Also congrats on getting in to your graduate school.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks Doctor, I know this is just the beginning but I'm posting monthly to track my progress and for others to get an idea of what each month brings in terms of growth. I still have a long way to go but as of now, things are looking good and I'm optimistic :)

• 1 month later...

Well I'm 5 months in now and decided to buzz my hair so that by the time it grows out a bit I'd be around 8 Months post op. Right side is still coming in slowly and honestly the scar isnt looking so good especially on the right side where its twice as wide. I'll try to get a better picture of the scar. Thoughts?

5b32d90a03a05_Photoon6-12-13at1_00PM.jpg.314fb507c7044c2814c1b3d84eb80688.jpg

5b32d90a170f5_Photoon6-12-13at12_59PM.jpg.d88fe886f45354b50d25fbead854a8ad.jpg

5b32d90a2f4cb_Photoon6-12-13at1.00PM3.jpg.aca732db2bdb1b9bb9b201f6bbc469f2.jpg

5b32d90a3bf2d_Photoon6-12-13at12.59PM2.jpg.42aa600ae9a3d17c1cce89cb40712b8e.jpg

honestly the scar isnt looking so good especially on the right side where its twice as wide. I'll try to get a better picture of the scar. Thoughts?

You have an FUT scar - it will always be visible if you shave your head/buzz your hair close. One thing that could really help though, would be to get a second, much smaller and less expensive FUE procedure just to put two or three hundred grafts into the scar line. I'll probably do that myself during my next HT, several years from now.

well, your scar doesn't really look that great, even for a buzz down. I have seen much worse and much better. You are kind of falling in the middle.

On the plus side, your hair looks like it is coming in awesome for 5 months. You should do yourself a favor and grow it out and enjoy it. IMO, you were on the young side for a procedure and you may have a long way ahead of of you fighting MPB. I would grow it and enjoy it.

I know that you understand this, but others should too. Your result will basically look like an 1800-1900 graft case, not a 2500 graft case, since you had so many 1's. It is looking good, so enjoy it!

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I personally think you look fantastic for 5 months. Recall that I told you not to expect anything for 6 months. I'll attach your preop for reference.

And, I'm disappointed in your scar. Your scalp closed very easily and it was a small thin strip. Yet I didn't see you to take your sutures out, nor get to see you for a scar check--a cost of travelling. The only pic that I have of your donor area is in April and I can't see the scar due to surrounding hairs. BUT I do know that we spoke specifically about risk factors for getting a poor scar and that I didn't think you would be able to get a buzz cut like this for at least a year IF EVER. Plus as I discuss with every patient, hair cases do not cure baldness...they put hair where there is no hair to allow camouflaging of hair loss patterns by hair styling. So that you shaved your head....is a mystery to me.

Finally, I am a bit bummed out by what appears to be your posting tone. There is nobody who wants you to get a better result than you...but I want you to get a good result ALMOST as much. I feel that I spent lots of time on the phone and in person with you and we even gave you a bit of a student discount. Then, although I wasn't planning to get as many grafts as we did, even with a small strip, we put them all in...not just doing the agreed upon case, and didn't charge you for them. Perhaps I'm being overly sensitive, but it just seems like the rapport I thought we'd established is gone.

Nevertheless, for 5 months you are ahead of schedule and I'd expect you to get a great result. Let it grow and style it prior to you starting graduate school and that thick wirey hair that you have really should look great this fall. And we all wish you the best of luck as you start your new career.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

002.jpg.9db90deeaf6f182a528e48b905144245.jpg

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I think your hair looks really good for 5 months in the front RCKHair. Shaving down to a grade that short will always show a strip scar, so I would grow it a bit longer.

Does sound like the Dr has been really good with everything.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Doc its been a rough week, and I apologize for my tone but I have no ill intent. If I came off a bit rude then I'm sorry that wasn't my intention. The reason why I shaved my head one is my hair became a bit damaged as well as I wanted to get a good look at the scar. I had and still have full faith in your skills otherwise I wouldn't have sacrificed so much to get here. I understand the scar even in the best of hands is variable in the way it'll turn out and it just so happened the my scar stretched on the right side. The left side of the scar is thin and how I expected it to turn out, the right side not so much at no fault of your own. So far I'm happy with my progress, everything is progressing well except for the right side and I understand its only been 5 months and I still have a long way to go so I'm not worried. As a point of reference, I'll post a pic of my hair prior to shaving it. It is coming along well, I'm just hoping the right side will eventually fill in. Again doctor, I meant no ill harm in my comment and I apologize again if I came off rude. Hopefully I'll come in in August for a 7 month check. Things are looking up, and I'm excited what these next few months will bring. I appreciate the kind words doctor, you're a stand up guy.

Here are some pics, left one shows my hair with product and styled..middle picture shows the right side and the right picture shows me hair with no product combed forward. Last two are better pics of the scar.

5b32d90adefac_Photoon5-24-13at10_00PM.jpg.e3a16e614bcd13110081e3d9421f2d15.jpg

5b32d90aeca04_Photoon6-4-13at11_48AM.jpg.f318010ecddc3aff67176f035c91c678.jpg

5b32d90b0dfb7_Photoon5-29-13at6_04PM.jpg.6b0a93d48c66ee17874f1fb89811c8c3.jpg

5b32d90b8e0cb_Photoon6-13-13at9_49AM.jpg.fc9495301935f4853f4ce667481bec35.jpg

5b32d90ba3a76_Photoon6-13-13at9.49AM2.jpg.9edd73196c1c7d8e2e12c5fccf8cd764.jpg

Edited by RCKHair
to add pics

I attached a approximate growth timeline RCkhair.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/148161-what-exactly-hair-transplant-growth-timeline.html

At 5 months you have plenty of developing yet as it is a 12-18 month process.

If I was the Dr, I would be a little frustrated also butI am sure in another 3 months your hair will look great.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

The new hair already looks good; I wouldn't be upset about such a result at all. So the scar sucks a little; it will heal a little more, and I'm guessing you didn't spend thousands of dollars on new hair so you could just shave it all off all the time; with an FUT scar, almost anyone is going to need to keep a little length. If it really gets bad or somehow totally un-hideable, go for a small FUE session and get it filled in.