Hair Transplant Scar Repair - Need Desperate Advise / Options

Please Let me know your Suggestions -

This was a procedure done on me at age 21.

He Went Right Up the sides on each side. At that age, Its not fair.

At age 32, The Sides have receded Fast, the original HT is almost done, and I am desperately searching for a viable solution to hiding the scar.

I walk around like this Every Day in Front of People. AT work.

I am a fairly strong person, and I am confident, but my dream is to be able to just get this scar to the level where it isn't so noticeable or doesn't stand out as much.. The left side the scar healed well, and am able to camoflauge it with some Micro pigmentation so its not so noticeable. The right side is very bad, that side did not heal very well and very noticeable even with Micropigementations. The micropigmentations do not Go "Into" the scar. The back part of the scar is probably the Worst part.

If anyone has any suggestions, options or solutions - It would be greatly appreciated ! Truthfully !

Thank You.

-Vince

madhatter607@gmail.com

Good_Picture_1_1.jpg.18d8de51f53ba8545e2b706a051fe97c.jpg

Good_Picture_2_2.jpg.8b7d7a27ff6eed936889c2fe5e3392b3.jpg

Good_Picture_3_3.jpg.68ab8e107e244640e780216b1ea66ed2.jpg

Good_Picture_4_4.jpg.2498bf82fd9c953459bae0e62a4b5ed4.jpg

Good_Picture_5_5.jpg.90f3c98c96ee5e15f626f7a3e28f4aa0.jpg

Good_Picture_6_6.jpg.622b44ba719f74c5a82f8d531765678d.jpg

Good_Picture_7_7.jpg.685b9c89c48dae13a3a02a0e025a2cc0.jpg

Hi

your scar is not the worst i have seen and i think can be improved .I would consult with Drs who have a proven record of scar revision and fue into the scar , see how your scalp laxity is first and go from there .

I would not rush into any procedure and wouldnt be tempted to revise the scar in one procedure as this often leads to dissapointment . I think your scar could be hidden with fue , do your research on scar repair , below is my repair procedure

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160800-scar-repair-1032-beard-hairs-dr-bisanga.html

hope this helps

all the best

ej

Vince,

In my opinion, there are three options available for those seeking Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) scar revision:

Option 1: Undergo traditional scar revision with a second strip excision and a better closure.

During this procedure, the scar will be excised like a strip in a traditional FUT procedure, and a second closure (likely a two layered, trichophytic closure) will hopefully heal "better" and create an improved post-operative scar. The advantages of this procedure include: the possibility of extracting extra tissue and performing a second hair transplant procedure; the disadvantages include: the possibility of a second unacceptable post-operative scar (if the patient truly scars poorly).

Option 2: Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) into the strip scar.

During this procedure, follicular unit grafts are extracted from the donor tissue surrounding the scar and implanted into the inappropriate scar tissue. The advantages of this type of scar revision include: lack of a second linear scar and minimal trauma in donor tissue; disadvantages include: the possibility of poor growth in the scar because of the nature of the thick, avascular scar tissue, and the potential for FUE scarring in the donor region (though this should be minimal).

Option 3: Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) into the strip scar.

During this option, permanent or temporary SMP ink will be applied FUT scar, and help camouflage the scar tissue with the surrounding hair. The advantages of this procedure include: a very minimally invasive nature, the possibility to use temporary ink (in case the end result is not ideal), and highly effective camouflage (if performed correctly); disadvantages include: the possibility of permanent ink turning "green" or "blue" over time, and the scar tissue not responding well to the inking process.

Hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

1) FUE into scar

2) SMP into scar

3) Consider the whole situation from afar, rather than close inspection

4) Warn others about strip procedures and that a strip scars can S%&'%W your mind

as well as your head!

You are obviously obsessed with it. Like me. Understandable. You could save yourself so much pain growing the hair, but resent being forced to. Understandable. So you focus more on the scar than ever - red rag to a raging bull like.

I agree that that the scar isn't "that bad"! But what does "that bad" mean? I bet you the hair industry types tell you stuff like that..."Hey kid.. just chill, you're being WAY too sensitive" .."I've seen much worse".

So next time the wise guy at work, the bully at the bar, drops you in some hole, some humiliating shit by asking you about the scar, give them all, including the hot girl watching with a WTF expression on her face, the doctors and the sales rep that sold you a strip scar's business card and tell them they are all 'being too sensitive" lol...

I wouldn't bother with the revision. I've had two. One by a butcher and one by one of the top flight experts. They are no better than each other, and can be described as mediocre improvement in some areas and worse in others. There are no guarantees in scar reduction so nevermind about the Gold Standard nonsense.

As for SMP, get your precious coins out be ready to be rolled. Are you still in the hair battle. You probably wanna say, "I give up, I wanna be free of all this, and just be a normal bald guy, but this damn scar etc." Still, you never know. It can be a trick. Soon as you get respectively bald, you'll wonder again about hair.

If you are on fin or other meds, if your donor is still decent, there maybe some long term options that include hair. If you want out, and stay that way, peace be with you.

be warned folks. This guy aint too bad, but he feels screwed by that damn strip scar.

Hate to be the pessimist but... is there anything that could be done that would hide that scar well enough to have your head shaved down like that? The scar doesn't look all that bad to me(unlike Jeremy Piven's :-) ). If you do FUE, wouldn't you still have to let your hair grow out a bit???.

Of course, I am far from an expert, I just cant see how you get that scar into a state that it won't be noticeable with your head shaved.

With strip (or large FUE), I kind of figured you are committing to have your hair at least 1/2" or so long the rest of your life.

If you don't want to pursue SMP, then I would contact Dr. Umar and see what all your options are. As a dermatologist he may be able to suggest some treatment for the scar tissue itself, and he can definitely do FUE into it, that is where beard hair excels.

It appears like you have a good amount of hair in the front. Is that all HT? Do you not like the way your hair looks grown out?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com