5 Months Post Op Dr Mwamba - Does this look about right?

Hi.

As you can see from the pics I do have growth however looking at H&W growth time line by month 5 the new hair should be approximately two to three inches in length? Mines not that long.

More importantly, at 5 months in will I see any more new hairs sprout or will I just see the existing ones lengthen & thicken up?

Thanks

Hair Restoration Site for Cowhorns

Front.jpg.5677858981e127108714fb0690ec80b8.jpg

Right.jpg.26c7e5aff811351f68e803f0d83007b1.jpg

Left.jpg.9deef2cbfb708eb809c1e5fa2f5a4bae.jpg

It is early but I would expect more growth at that stage of 5 months.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I am almost at five months and mine is mostly all grown in I think. Everyone is different, though I agree that I would want to be farther ahead if I were you.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Nick,

How many grafts did you have and did you have FUE or strip?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

It states 1900 Fue on his profile page.

I didn't realise Nick you had previous poor work in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Nick,

At 5 months, you're only around 30% matured. Because of this, you should expect some new growth and increased thickening in the hairline until the 12 month mark.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Can hardly wait to see you at the one year mark Nick! ;)

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

nick72, In my opinion the growth isn't that promising in your case but do not worry for now. Repair surgeries always yield late as the scalp is scarred. Like in my case, I went to the great Dr, Rahal who most of his patients got quick dense growth by 4th months (mostly virgin scalps) but I didn't see any minor results up to 6 months and noticeable results until 8 months post op and that is because I'm a hairline repair patient. Also remember that you are not only a repair patient but a FUE patient. FUE hairs grow slower that Strip. So do not worry and hang on 3 more months for a final judgement. Happy New Year Bro...

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Continued thanks for the replies. I have refrained from inspections pretty much since this post and my new yrs res is not to check again until the end of this month. Will update the post at the end of Jan with the 6 months progress.

A Happy New Year to you all.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

As promised I'm now 6 months post op and have posted my progress.

Its still not as dense as my native hair but there's no disguising it there has been thickening over the last 4 weeks and I'm really pleased!

The photo's are probably making it look a little thicker that it actually is, that said Ive taken under harsh lighting similar to the 5 months photos. Growth is patchy with the left side providing a fuller yield in comparison to the right, in addition further back in both temples progress is not as advanced which is more apparent in the right temple photo. (Hariri comments a couple of posts back on why this might be TY) However, there is also a small number of new sprouters just making an appearance possibly only in the hair line but its becoming difficult to tell, of-course I'm absolutely delighted to see this but would also like to see some gains further back.

I was really concerned last month but encouraged by the improvements over the last 4 weeks. The hair angulations seem to flow naturally with my native hair although it also has an unruly and wiry like appearance.

Hair Restoration Journal for Cowhorns - 6 Months Post Op

Front.jpg.10b525f3c6bd34187043a0e6fee0fce0.jpg

RHS.jpg.a382aa5bcd3a4c9d9d68d3d39bd1c010.jpg

LHS.jpg.c1c88596a27a4c538629afd1aae08ecd.jpg

I think you should have more than that Nick72 at 6 months.

Have you been sending updates to the Dr?

Nick,

The "unruly and wiry" appearance of the hair is not unusual. As the hair length grows out over time, the hair should straighten out.

Glad to hear that you are improving! ;)

Gillenator

• 3 months later...

Not sure if I should be creating a new post or continue with this but decided on the latter.

It's been 9 months since my procedure with Dr Mwamba and I thought it was time for an update. As you can see from the pics there has been progress since month 6 which occurred towards the end of months 7 and 8. This last month has seen maturation. There is an area behind the right temple that has a gap which I have discussed with Dr Mwamba when I met him last week in London. Other than that I think the hair line is undetectable?

The proscope examination revealed

Right frontal hairline about 63 FU/cm2

Left frontal hairline about 56 FU/cm2

Look forward to comments.

Front.jpeg.fdcea30dfd9074b8fba658ccfe5a041b.jpeg

LHS.jpeg.a0f350ffb5b981b86ac33a177f60e517.jpeg

RHS.jpeg.7cf153b90f33d109eea741462825fcd9.jpeg

RHS1.jpg.65f38622ed1ed6b77f77bb6d4a4dd39b.jpg

Top.jpeg.8bec1fc83cd55f45b9b98fee27ad1842.jpeg

Some regrow quicker than others. If the yield is good, the length will follow eventually. ;)

Gillenator