Positive Propecia Effects

I thought it would be good to start a thread on this topic.

From my own personal experience, I have taken this drug for around 5-6 years now with great success and no side effects.

I am not disputing that there are cases where people have had bad experiences with the drug, but I do feel that the smaller number of these cases are unfairly overshadowing the success that has been experienced by the large majority of tens of millions of guys who take this drug worldwide.

It would be very good to hear from guys of all ages that take the drug, and whom have had positive response from it.

This can be in the form of regrowth of the native hair, signicantly reducing the rate at which the hair is lost, or halting it completely.

Any positive responders are welcome to comment. Any negative responders I can make a separate thread. smile.gif

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I have been taking it for over 2 years now and other than a couple early instances of some groin discomfort early on, have had no side effects. It has helped my hair. Several months ago I started taking it 5 days a week rather than all 7 days just to reduce the amount I take overall a little.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Very positive results for me, almost 3 years now.......very good regrowth and better quality of hair

No sides at all

I'm slightly paranoid that my crown may have got a bit weaker but that's because I started analysing it under a very bright light....I'm sure it's me being stupid though.

Big thumbs up to propecia from me!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

2 years and 4 months. Don't think I have noticed any sides or any significant growth. I have not lost anymore though either. My loss was mostly in my temples.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Good idea for a thread Chris, anyone considering the medication should realise how well it works for many people too.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Spex are you concerned about whether it may lose effect over time and do you have an idea of what you'll do if this occurs?

Hi

I've been taking , firstly 1mg of Propecia , and now 0.8mg of generic Finasteride daily since June 2006 .

I have had no negative side effects , I still think about sex all day every day , wake up with morning glory most days , still fancy my girlfriend after 8 years of being together , and due to wanting to start a family I have had my testosterone levels , thyroid gland and sperm checked for count , mobility and fertility enzimes three times in the last three years , all my tests came back normal and better than average , so no problems there .

I have however noticed a marked reduction of thick dark hairs on the back of my hands and arms and the odd one which grew on my back , I started to notice these hairs in my mid 20s around the same time as my hairloss seemed to accelerate .

While I have been taking Propecia and now Finasteride , not only have I noticed a reduction in these course hairs , I have also felt more calm and a more measured person , maybe this is also to do with simply growing up , I can't be sure , however I believe since taking Propecia and now Finasteride , I have retained and re-grown hair on my crown and mid scalp , had a definate reduction in dark , course back and arm hairs and have become a more thoughtful , measured person , my sperm has become more watery , but this has had no effect upon my fertility .

I see these as positive effects , plus I have had two HTs over 5 years , so now I have a decent head of hair which I can grow , cut , style , colour , I no longer get any ,"your balding" comments .

All this combined has left me knowing I made the right choices for me and has left me pretty happy .

Thanks Richie .

phonecardpics21207382-1.jpgDSC05133_zps25499d4e.jpg

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/167623-richie48-dr-feller-uk-patient-8-month-update-ht2-4200-grafts-total.html

Edited by richie48

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Hair looks great Richie.

When are you updating your thread?

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Hi Chris , I'll try to update in the New Year , that will then be 12 months after HT2 .

Jay , I've been asked this many times over the years , I cut 5mg Generic Finasteride into 6 pieces , it's alot easier than you may think , this gives me 0.8mgs daily .

I do this for two reasons , I have steadily reduced my dosage without it effecting the quality of my hair and I'm tight with money and want the most I can for the least cost hahaha .

Below is a link to a previous thread about the subject and a pic to show you how I do it .

DSC04010.jpg

DSC04011.jpg

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/166811-new-uk-member-hoping-help-advice.html

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007