11 days post op

goatz

Hi Guys,

Had FUE to the hairline 11 days ago. I have attached a close up of the right side.

I think it is healing ok but to be honest I dont know what to look for.

I think I have already had some shedding of the recipient area. When Ive been applying aloe vera to the area I end up with small hairs on my fingers but I'm pretty sure they are just hairs and no grafts. There has been no bleeding.

Let me know what you think of the progress

G

_G104056.jpg.87c734271c3cd977f697a98bfbaed92a.jpg

Edited by goatz

Welcome to the forums goatz!

Looks like very clean work, and right where you should be for 11 days post-op. Shedding of the follicle at this point is very normal, and after 9 days you can be pretty certain that the graft is secure! I think when your grafts start growing in, it will make a huge difference to your hairline, and you will be very pleased with the results. Who is the physician who did your restoration, and how was your experience overall? Keep us posted as you continue your journey over the next year. Looking forward to seeing how your case progresses and matures!

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

hi, thanks for the messages, this was dr feriduni and 1068 to the hairline.

The experience was very good, everything has been fine, i'm just waiting to get to a point where i can go back to my routine without the fear of the HT being noticed. I'm hoping this will be within the next two weeks.

Hi chaps,

At 13 days I would say that around 50% have of the transplanted hairs have shed!

I was just wondering if you can tell from the pictures if the folicles are intact?

Ive attached pics from today and you can see the difference in just 2 days. I have also added a pic of the left side.

Any feedback welcome, thanks

1.jpg.d2e1c71d65d06301b2fbf765d7ce7e7c.jpg

2.jpg.e9a3e6de2278411f1f98f84cbd4ea7b4.jpg

The follicular grafts should be well secure by 9 days post-op, and any shedding you're experiencing is just the hair (shaft) being shed as the graft enters the resting phase!! All very normal, and you'll most likely continue to shed hair if you still have 50% of your recently transplanted grafts. I just hit a month since my procedure, and have shed almost all of my transplant hairs! Chin up, exciting things to look forward to soon!!

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Ok thanks mate, Im just being paranoid that Ive done something wrong as the transplanted hairs are typically not expected to fall out until the 3 week, but I guess I am just an exception.

Just wish I could stop looking in the mirror every few hours!

We are all paranoid that we are doing something wrong while we wait....but it is perfectly normal to be feeling that!! :-). I started shedding early also.....and while 3 weeks is probably an "average"....I have seen other cases where it started much earlier. If you are ever truly concerned, contact your physician for clarification....but from what I know about the process, everything looks great and you are right on track! Cheers buddy!!

Hi Guys,

Just thought I would share this.

I was looking around for something to combat the recipient redness. I had a dense pack with quite a lot of redness, the photos dont show much redness this is because of the lighting and angle of the pic.

I used the post care pack which was a biotin spray, aloe vera gel and keratene hydrocell shampoo and serum until these all ran out (except the shampoo). None of these seems to calm the redness. I then bought some which hazel gel, this seemed to make a little difference I think.

I am now 20 days post op and I Was getting concerned as I am on holiday at the end of the month and the redness was still visible.

Last night I tried applying some vit C, E, ferulic serum which I normally use for face care. Woke up this morning and the redness had almost all disappeared on one application!

Basically I use a rip off version of the SkinCeuticals serum as its ridiculously overpriced.

Not sure if I can post links so I wont just in case.

Hope this helps someone.

G

• 3 months later...

Guys, quick update, i'm now at 4 months 10 days, I'm relatively pleased, the whole process has taken a lot longer than I expected but I'm getting there now. The photos look better than what I see in the mirror but I would say the transplant is now relatively unnoticeable. Just hoping it will thicken out now.

Let me know what you think.

4m9d.jpg.ec84a78feee70f27ec0459908c7e2e83.jpg

4m9d2.jpg.02dd8401d23c1a01416770ccd599e732.jpg

• 4 months later...

nope, quite the opposite, i am very happy with the result, so much so that hairloss has not been a concern and i no longer visit the forums. i will try and post some photos soon. One this i will say its that the time between surgery and the results does take quite a long time and keeping everything hidden can be tricky if you are trying to keep things undetected like i have been. Luckily my procedure was very small and i dont think anyone has even noticed, well no one has mentioned it anyway. It is great to go swimming or out in the wind and not be self conscious about my recession showing. I think it has taken years off my appearance to. By the way i am on no meds or rogaine, those things dont agree with me. I just use nizoral and i dont see any balding at the moment, i am 33 now so i dont think my balding is aggressive, it did seem to happen when i was stressed, I changed my life recently so stress is a much lower which i think has helped.