6 Months Later after FUE and only showing 15-20% growth! bit worried!

Hairybadger

I had an FUE operation on 1st June and here we are just over 6 months later and I only have about 15-20% growth. I am very disappointed and not very optimistic about it improving. I would have thought that after 6 months one should expect to see about 50% growth? I have been in touch with my Surgeon (whom I don't want to mention at this stage) who has told me that it is still early days yet and more will grow, however, I am not convinced as I look identical to what I did before the op.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi m8,sorry to hear that,I would expect you at this stage to see some cosmetic change or at least a showing of growth? Having said that from researching on this site some people are late growers but maybe someone with more experience then me could chip in,dome pre and post op photos may help,so a comparison can be done,also if you have used a reputable doctor I'm sure he will stand by you and wont want you to have a poor result!

Hi there,

I hope you're right that I do turn out to be a late grower! I have posted a pic off my scalp 3 days after FUE and the pic clearly shows the many transplanted grafts and the new hairline which I was very happy with at the time. However, since then none off it has grown back yet and I am very disappointed :( The other pic that I am using as my profile was only taken today and as you can see hardly any of the transplanted grafts have come back.

5b32d5b23f39e_FUEafter3days.jpg.704a1a869ab841e644f5ef1d67d27b34.jpg

Who was your doctor?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

hairybadger, hope that you start seeing some growth in a couple of months. but as many people and doctors will tell you, some take about a year to start seeing new growth, some start seeing in 2-3 months. I would suggest keep in touch with the doctor over your progress in the next few months. who was your surgeon btw?

That is not looking positive at 6 months.

What was the clinic?

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

You won't get in trouble, but if you do not feel comfortable doing so, then don't.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Hey mate your not slagging them off,your simply displaying your result!!! Also the people who run this site sometimes mediate with the dcotornto make them aware of the situation which may also help with obtaining a satisfactory outcome!! The dr shouldn't take offence,they can't just expect only the great results to be posted and accept that praise without taking account the not so great,and a good dr will wantnyou to be happy and should resolve the matter!! Looking at your pre and post op 6 month photos I think your right at this stage to be concerned!! Hopefully for no reason in the long run,but it won't hurt for them to take a look!'

ok thanks guys. I will maybe wait until the end result before I name them. But to give you a clue it is one of the main well known Clinics in this country.

The surgeon has agreed to see me in January, that was the earliest appointment I could get with him. So we'll wait and see what he says then and if my hair has improved by then.

Im guessing it was probably Harley Street Hair Clinic ? How many grafts did you have ? That hairline also looks pretty low aswell. I hope it all will be ok for you cos its not nice to hear things like this. You still have good hair anyway, and it doesnt look like too many grafts have been wasted, so worse case scenario you could get a refund and go somewhere else, but hope you dont have to. Good luck mate.

Ok it was Transform Medical Group in the UK. I only got 1000 grafts, I would say only about 200 of them have started growing and it's nearing 7 months now since the op, so that's basically 800 still to make an appearance. I really hope it improves.

Hairybadger,

If it is Transform, then I would unfortunately say that you will have to bite the bullet. They are not very good, and I wouldn't expect much from them.

Negatives are you have lost a percentage of your donor supply(only small), and your hard earned cash.

Positives are you are now in the right place to find a good surgeon if you feel it is necessary to repair what you have had.

I know that might sound a bit harsh and blunt, but I am being honest. I had it happen to me like tonnes and tonnes of guys who first venture into this industry.

I think I lost approximately 5000 GBP in total. Not massive in comparison to some but still a lot of money.

Farjo are the only reputable clinic the UK who are recommended by this site, and a lot of the other major forums.

If you are looking at FUE, I believe from what Mick their representive has said, they are doing procedures of smaller sizes. You can always mail him on here.

Other than that, you can look outside of the UK.

I wouldn't rush into anything now, and take your time to do a lot of research as the industry is a minefield.

• 1 month later...

No to be honest. I think the writing was on the wall here from your 6 month photos. Obviously wait the full 12 months because you might be a late grower, then get on to the clinic for a refund. I think you have probably gathered and found out now that Transform medical is not a great clinic for a HT.

Good news is you havent used a lot of donor and it is fue, so you dont have a horrible ear to ear scar at the back of your head. Wait 12 months, tell them you want a refund, then if you are still up for it, choose another clinic that has a good reputation on here. Good luck mate, it will all be ok.

Actually I tell a lie, these photographs were taken a month ago. So these photographs are 7 months post op. It is now the 27th Jan so I am approaching 8 months post op and it's hard to tell if I have made any more progress in the last month since those pics.

But I think I will take your advice Yiddo and just wait the full year and see what happens. I do hope I am just a late grower as you say.