Dr. Rahal booked next week 2000 fue

Altdot

So it's all booked. Can't believe I'm actually doing this. Nervous and excited at the same time. Getting my crown and top part of my head done to give more density.

Willing to share my experience to help others. Hope it's a positive one with great results. I've heard he's one of the best so here goes!

Rahal would be my choise,I am also lucky because I live in montreal but Fue is to expensive,just dont understand where the people get the monney,I have a condo and a car to pay lol you are in good hands.

Although I opted for FUT, I also had my procedure done with Dr. Rahal just last week. I mimic what MTL30 says....you are in very good hands! =)

Congrats on your decision to take the plunge and looking forward to seeing updates on your hair restoration journey!! Hopefully the 'nervous and excited' will shift to just excited as it gets closer to your big day!! =)

Cheers!

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Altdot,

Congratulations! Dr. Rahal does excellent work. Please keep us posted on your progress. I'm looking forward to following your journey.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I love Dr. Rahal's work, I'm sure you'll be in for a great result!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Congratulations! I hope you'll keep us updated.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

So it's the day after surgery. I feel fine and the experience was a lot better than I expected.

Everyone at dr rahals office was great. It was a long day and felt tried and a bit out of it at the end

I'll post some before and after pics.

Now the after care kicks in with cleaning, vitamin e oil etc for the next 7-14 days.

Overall I'm happy and now it's just a waiting game

I stayed at the guest house and its 5 min away from dr Rahal's office- hily recommended. Clean and convenient. It's a large house and I met some great guys from the US, Spain and Italy. It was good to see people had just had their surgery a few days before so I picked their brain to find out the process and how their experience was.

I heard the freezing part was uncomfortable but I didn't find it that bad at all. It's a weird feeling with the extraction but not uncomfortable. I actually feel asleep twice. Mike was great and did the extractions. Then DR. Rahal did the incisions and then a break for lunch. The insertion began and started to feel a little discomfort and I asked for more freezing.

Laying in 1 position for a long period does make you a bit sore but I took a break here and there.

Right after everything was finished I felt really tired as I didn't sleep much the night before and heavy headed. I got back to the guest house took Tylenol 3 and ate and felt much better and hung out with the guys.

Today is just a kick back and relax type of day and let the healing begin.

Ask if anyone has any questions.

I had 2100 fue grafts in the crown / mid scalp area.

Altdot,

Congratulations on getting 2100 grafts! With Dr. Rahal's work, you're going to look like a new man in a few months when everything starts growing in. The hard part is over now! I agree with Brookline being a great place to recover and meet new people....good choice deciding to stay there. The good news with you having FUE is you don't have to wait for two weeks to have to get any stitches out like I did with my strip procedure. The next milestone you get to look forward to is not having to put on that messy vitamin E oil anymore next week!!

Keep us posted with photos and updates along the way. I'm looking forward to seeing your end result....no doubt it will look great!

Happy healing and growth to you!!

Best,

Mike

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Altdot,

I too am curious about this! Dr. Rahal personally did all of the tissue excision on me, and most others I've spoken with. Are you sure Mike wasn't just assisting during this process, as he was there to assist Dr. Rahal with me also. Most tissue excision is done by a physician who will be aided by a nurse or other medical professional with closure and proper tool/supply handling. Looking forward to any clarification on this?!

Dr rahal started the extractions for about 10 min to make sure I was good candidate for fue. After that mike did the rest with assistants helping him. Dr rahal popped in a few times to check how it was going.

Dr rahal did all the incisions which is where the artistry/ skill is apparently needed for density, depth, angle of hair etc.

Mike and others then did the insertion. With the strip method rahal does that part also.

Hope clarifies it

That does clear things up Altdot, thank you!! For whatever reason, I totally spaced it and forgot that your procedure was FUE. So when we were talking about taking your donor out, I kept thinking Dr. Rahal had Mike do your tissue removal and closure.....but you didn't have tissue removal and closure!!! :-). I was confused, but now am back on the same page!! I know you're going to be thrilled with your results when it starts growing in! Can't wait to see updates in the near future. Thanks again for following up with the details of your procedure!!

altdot, how was the overall experience, i am also in for about the same size of surgery, im still deciding whether to go with FUE or FUT. leaning towards FUE for the less scaring, but FUT seems have more example where it give better yields

tough decisions, wants your feedback on your FUE experience

@savehair yes I believe you get more hair from fut but I'm not sure. I only needed 2100 but the reason I even went ahead with this was because of the fue method.

I didn't really want a chunk of flesh taken out and have a big scar plus extra recovery/healing time.

FUE is more $$$ but I think after a week you won't hardly see anything was done in the donor area. We'll see soon !

There are pros and cons to each so I would ask your questions to a professional. Chad from dr. Rahal's office was very helpful.

I've never had any type of surgery before so was a bit nervous and it was surreal to be honest.

My overall experience was great. Staying at the guest house was very helpful as I sat and talked to other guys that just had procedures done in the last few days. Guess it makes things easier when you meet others in the same situation. I have some very slight swelling at the crown but nothing else. The tough part is done and it wasn't really that tough at all so it's all about the cleaning, healing procedures now.

Hope that helps

Altdot, yep, that helps.

also getting some of my question addressed through Chad.

it's good to know that it's virtually undetectable in the back after 1 week, how about your receipient areas, when do you think it will start look normal

Big congratulations! Great that you had a positive experience at the clinic and in the guesthouse. Happy healing! Hope all goes well for you. We look forward to any photos and seeing your situation progress!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I'm 6 months post FUE with Dr Rahal and the results are really looking solid at this point.

I don't think you'll be disappointed, you made a great choice! Good luck and try not to worry too much about your early results like I did. It will all work out in the end!

Altdot,

Thanks for sharing your photos with the members of these forums! I think you're going to get a knockout result....the work looks very clean, and it's nice to have your ore-op photos for reference as a "starting point" for you as well!!

Don't pay any attention to TruthOnly above. I'm sorry he hijacked your thread to express his own concerns (to which I don't understand why he chose the surgeon for his own procedure if he didn't trust the physician or the clinic??). Instead focus on all the positive things being said by all the other members who posted on your thread, and realize that you went to one of the best surgeons in the industry. Chad and the rest of the staff are terrific, so just remember you had your work done at a top-notch establishment!! Anyway, I can't wait to see your progress, and to follow your journey over the next year! Keep all of us posted with updates along the way!!

Best,

Mike

Hi TruthOnly,

You seem to have a number of concerns. Have you tried to call or email our office? We normally respond to emails within 24 hours. Post-surgery, we provide patients with both Dr Rahal and Mike’s cell numbers (as written in the post op package).

When was your procedure date? Please post the date on this thread and we can happily respond.

Regarding prices, patients are given the prices for their procedure of choice. Occasionally patients are undecided and switch from FUT to FUE and thus the price difference can cause confusion.

If you required 4500 grafts then FUT would be the best option as higher numbers are the main strength of that method.

I am surprised by the photo comment though, as we have a very high number of results out there and I recently compiled them all into one thread as they can be hard to find

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/167825-dr-rahal-results-collection.html

We like to emphasize patient-contributed results which can be found on the website under “Success Stories”. These, combined with the photo gallery and the results posted on the forums (by us and by patients) lead to a very large and varied collection for people to view.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com