New to the forums and to being a transplant patient- An Introduction.

agenteye

Hi guys! Mike here. Thanks for all the invaluable reviews and advice that I've gotten to read and observe on these forums over the past year, that ultimately helped me make my hair restoration decision come to fruition. I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone here and to start documenting my hair restoration journey along the way. I just created a profile and uploaded some photos so you can read about me and see my pre-op status. I just underwent a 4737 graft FUT procedure with Dr. Rahal in Ottawa, Canada.....and am currently 4 days post-op (procedure date 11/16/2012). I will have a very thorough write-up about the procedure and my experience at the Rahal clinic in the next day or two, and will create a separate post for it soon (as well as pre-op photos taken from the clinic).

Well, that's all for now.....still have a bit of a headache and healing here, so I'm going to grab some dinner and a good nights rest!

I will continue to post a lot more often from now on, but again, just wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself and say "hi".....and thanks in advance for welcoming me to your group/forums! I'm really excited to be joining the ranks of all the others who have gone through this process and who will go through it in the future.

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Thanks everyone for the nice wishes. I really dig the community here; so far everyone has been really nice! I too am hoping for the "standard" Rahal results/outcome that most of his patients have come to expect!! I was originally booked with another top surgeon, and ended up having a spot open with Rahal less than 3 weeks ago. When Chad called me and told me that Dr. Rahal could operate on me if I could be in Ottawa on November 16th, I did some quick and complicated debating, cancelled my procedure with my original surgeon, and booked my flight to Ontario! :cool:

Although it's only been 4 days since my procedure, I definitely don't regret my decision so far! :D

I will look forward to keeping all of you guys posted as things progress. Again, be on the lookout for my review on the clinic/experience with Dr. Rahal very soon!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Congratulations!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.