Want to know about Propecia and side effects

navin

HI ,

I have been losing my hair from almost 4 years. I have almost lost my hair density. My hair is getting thinner and thinner.

Most of them are suggesting Propecia but i am 27 years old and i am worried about the side effects. How bad are these side effects I know there are sexual side effects including those there are other side effects as well.

How about the hair max Comb Does it have successful results any one used that. i have used Rogain it didn't work for me my hair is going thin and i am facing dandruff problem with that.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I'm 23. Been on propecia and minoxidil since March 2010 - had no side effects what so ever. My libido is still high, I can rise to the occasion and finish the job as good as I ever did! I've read that about 2% of people suffer the side effects, so it's worth giving it a go. The medication has been AMAZING for my hair.

I'm not sure about whether propecia can effect fertility though. Anyone know if this is possible, or if it is limited to libido and performance?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I have been on Finasteride for 15 years. Never had any side effects and fathered twins at first attempt.

I think it is a fertility drug, in my opinion! :cool:

It certainly should NOT be considered a fertility drug. That would be misguiding people who are researching and trying to make an informed decision.

Every individual will respond differently, each person is different - personal experience shared on this forum can help people by putting them through a thought chain.

There are few people out there who have experienced serious side effects from this drug and it could be a small percentage, but regardless it's not funny.

NAVIN, all the best and good luck with your research and remember, research should not be limited to one forum or website or location. make sure that you make an informed decision.

Listen most people on this are in denial anyway in my opinion. No one is talking about a smoking gun side effect where shit dont work !! Everything works fine on it !! But it just dulls in a very subtle manner . And ONLY when you come off for a year or more would you realise that!! So make you own decision & Good luck anyway!! Heres to the PGD2 ensyme!! :-)

Expert above is 23 and on propecia and 'knows' it cant cause side effects. Im 34 and was on this stuff for 4 years before the shit hit the fan. Sincerely good luck with it but its poison in my opinion.

'Expert above' clearly just described how the drug has effected him, whilst also admitting to a lack of knowledge and seeking some advice.

Why would you make such a condescending comment?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Expert above is 23 and on propecia and 'knows' it cant cause side effects. Im 34 and was on this stuff for 4 years before the shit hit the fan. Sincerely good luck with it but its poison in my opinion.

Just re-read this post. At what point did I say I "knows" it can't cause side effects? Did you read my post?

I'm perplexed.

Actually my doctor told me it can be very harmful taking propecia if trying for children,and that a pregnant woman should avoid any contact,even touching the pill as it can cause deformities in new borns!I'm on it and Havnt as yet had any serious sides,but I would not be taking it if I was trying for a baby!

I have been on Finasteride for 15 years. Never had any side effects and fathered twins at first attempt.

I think it is a fertility drug, in my opinion! :cool:

That's great to know Spex. Even with the lack of sides for me, I have been slightly concerned that it could impact my fertility down the line.

Twins? Wow that's awesome, no wonder you're dreaming of 8 hours kip a night :)

Actually my doctor told me it can be very harmful taking propecia if trying for children,and that a pregnant woman should avoid any contact,even touching the pill as it can cause deformities in new borns!I'm on it and Havnt as yet had any serious sides,but I would not be taking it if I was trying for a baby!

It is correct that pregnant females should not handle finasteride as it can cause birth defects. If you are using proscar and cutting up the tablets, be very careful that the resulting dust is not inhaled or left. Wipe up the dust with a damp cloth.

I echo the above from Spex and others - the vast majority of people do not have any side effects. Unfortunately, some people do have side effects.

Many people die each year due to aspirin eroding the lining of the stomach/intestines - in fact, it would probably not be approved for safe use if it was not discovered until today.