Use of hair fibers

I have been suffering from hair loss for last 5 years. This was really depressing.Now, I am a NW 2 . And at 22 I am being advised that HT is not a solution for me and I have accepted that fact. So I am gonna wait.

However, I do want to look good when I go out in parties and hair loss is becoming a little evident lately. I am therefore thinking of using Hair Fibers. There are few questions I wanna ask.

1. Do Hair Fibers have any kind of side effects to my hair or otherwise. If yes, which one to avoid.

2. Can it be noticed under a bright light or on outside.

3. Can it increase the hair fall because,it contains chemicals,after all.

The most famous one I have heard is toppik, but I do not think its available in India(Delhi). If it is, where can I find it.

Can someone who has used it guide me please.

Thank you

Hi,

Let me see what I can do to address some of your concerns/questions:

1. Long story short, no, these thickening fibers really don't have any "side effects." Granted, they could run if you sweat or get your hair wet, and this could stain a pillow or t-shirt, but I'm not certain I would call this a side effect. Most of these products are made with fairly organic, harmless elements and wouldn't cause any health issues.

For more information, take a look at our hair loss learning center's section on topical hair loss concealers.

2. In all honesty, it really depends. Many of these companies worked for years to make the concealer elements undetectable under naturally harsh conditions, but it's not unreasonable to expect that it may be noticeable under direct outdoor lighting. However, if you use a quality product conservatively, you should be able to achieve a satisfactory result.

3. No, these products, to my knowledge (and I've researched them fairly extensively during some pieces I've written for the community), do not cause any additional hair loss.

4. A lot of hair loss sufferers recommend Toppik. If you want to use a different "shaker fiber" product like Toppik, may other hair loss sufferers seem to like Caboki.

Additionally, you can order Toppik from our online hair loss shop here.

I hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Nanogen fibres are far better.

I really like Nanogen too, but with every day use it can become pricey.

Still if I use a concealer, it is Nanogen.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/category/TPK0/Concealers/

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

• 2 months later...

For two years, when I was in a new job, I used both Dermatch and Nanogen Fibers to conceal my hair loss. This means that it would potentially cover thinning hair, and not the areas of the head that were bald.

In my case, I was able to cover up the top of my head and my crown, which was really thin.

Never ever in my time there did anyone mention that it looked fake. When I was leaving for another job after, I mentioned this to one of the people I had worked with every day and he had no idea.

So if you use the hair fiber product correctly, it will help. If someone wants to grab your head and have a close look then they might be suspicious, but for most people, no.

I have been suffering from hair loss for last 5 years. This was really depressing.Now, I am a NW 2 . And at 22 I am being advised that HT is not a solution for me and I have accepted that fact. So I am gonna wait.

However, I do want to look good when I go out in parties and hair loss is becoming a little evident lately. I am therefore thinking of using Hair Fibers. There are few questions I wanna ask.

1. Do Hair Fibers have any kind of side effects to my hair or otherwise. If yes, which one to avoid.

2. Can it be noticed under a bright light or on outside.

3. Can it increase the hair fall because,it contains chemicals,after all.

The most famous one I have heard is toppik, but I do not think its available in India(Delhi). If it is, where can I find it.

Can someone who has used it guide me please.

Thank you

I've used Nanogen for about 2 months now and overall have been pretty pleased with it. No one at work has noticed and I think it makes my hair look like it did 5 years previous.

I go to the gym a couple of lunchtimes at work which is a real pain having to reapply after the shower. I go into a cubilcle on my way out and use a small mirror to reapply it. The locking mist works well.

I brush it out at night before applying minoxidil.

I'd like to give Caboki and Dermatch a try at some point. Most people seem to say Nanogen is better than Toppik so I probably wont bother with the latter.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day