Looking to have FUE next month!

I'm new guys! So here's my story I will try and keep it short!

I'm 27 male from the uk. I am from a northern Indian (punjabi) background.

I don't suffer from hair loss and no one in my family does. Your wondering why I'm here now???

Well my hairline has thinned over time and now is limp and whispy, it doesn't match the rest of my hair. I will attach photos when I get to my PC. It's thinned at the front because I used to wear my hair tied back and tight for years and years until eventually i got to this stage. I can easily cover it up but it's got to the point where I want to fix it and try different hairstyles.

I have been in touch with dr keser and he has free dates at the end of nov.

How much grafts do you think I need? I'm guessing between 1500-2000 looking at other people's posts

side view of hairline

photo_2_2.png

the donor area below.

photo_3_2.png

the hair line

http://s16.postimage.org/smb68fw85/photo_1.jpg

Edited by personanongrata
adding photos

Congrats. I think that 1500-2000 is right on. That said, many women wear there hair back everyday and do not have frontal thinning. Is there something you did different than these women? It appears to be maturing hair line with maybe some MPB, but that does not mean you will go bald.

Good luck to you.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Basically I used to have a turban for 20 years. The hair is always tied into a ball on the top of your head. Like in some Buddha portraits. I never really looked after my hair in the teen years where as other people with turbans kept their hair in pristine condition. The frontal thinning is the cause of that because in photos when I'm aged 1-10 the hairline is good then from 11-20 it's gradually became what's in the photos. I cut my locks 7 years ago now. Regret it a little since I felt the Samson effect haha

Given that you have traction alopecia and no other signs of thinning or family history of MPB, I'd say you are a possible candidate. That being said, you are still a young enough guy that you should proceed cautiously with a HT. Don't just jump into one next month. Do your homework, understand all the possible scenarios, and then proceed.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

If you have a doctor that has given you potential dates, haven't you had an in person or online consultation with them? The doctor you want to go with should be able to give you a better estimate of grafts than we can. Why don't you send some photos over if you can't meet in person just yet? That should give you a pointer too in terms of finance.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• 1 month later...

So guys my procedure is on monday! i am feeling a little bit nervous but i need to do it. If the world doesnt end this year then 2013 will hopefully be a good year for me, my confidence back up and feeling good about myself and a good hairline.

I have the hotel booked and just need to convert ? to euros. Flying locally from Birmigham. I am there from Monday-Thursday evening.

I will keep you guys posted and do some before after shots.

Anybody else recently had their procedure done with DR Keser?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Personanongrata, I've just had a Fue transplant at Landmark hair in London, I had it 4 days ago, and have flown back home to Edinburgh. Its still mega sensitive, but the doctor seemed to think that as my skin was so thick I would heal quickly.

Interested to hear how you get on. I've just signe dup here today, so glad I found this site. I'm going to be taking propecia, I wondered if there is anything else I can do to assist recovery.

I'm really glad I found this site!

personanongrata,

From what I've gathered throughout extensive research Dr. Keser's work is top notch and he's considered by many as one of the best FUE docs. I hope your procedure yesterday went well and that you will update us on your progress/experience.

Best of luck!

Here's my quick update guys. So for 3 days they implanted 500 each day. 1500 in total. I thought I needed more but dr keser said that will be enough. Originally we were going for dense packing but because I was bleeding too much we went for something slightly less dense. He said I can come back for a top up of 500/800 grafts if needed but from what's growing at the moment I'm happy with the average look. So it's been exactly a week now and it's still a little red but all scabs have gone.

Here's my quick update guys. So for 3 days they implanted 500 each day. 1500 in total. I thought I needed more but dr keser said that will be enough. Originally we were going for dense packing but because I was bleeding too much we went for something slightly less dense. He said I can come back for a top up of 500/800 grafts if needed but from what's growing at the moment I'm happy with the average look. So it's been exactly a week now and it's still a little red but all scabs have gone.

if you save the image and zoom in you can see it clearer. any questions let me know. will update again in a few weeks.

photo3ye.jpg