fue graft availibility

azazelgs

We all know that the graft numbers are lower than fut but what is the average graft availibility for a nw6?

I am planning on fue+ smp combo and i think 4000 grafts is capable of achieving what i need. More is always welcomed but i don't think i have that kind of donor.

Pics are my donor , what do you guys think?

Konak-20110601-00318.jpg.ea55bc9346fcbb58d3a015dcc5674e42.jpg

Konak-20110601-00320.jpg.950e51028b5b58bedac79a72b33cce11.jpg

Make an appointment to see a surgeon and he will tell you what your density is like,untill then you just cant tell. Especially when you have your hair that short. People with thick hair and good density can still ''appear ''to have poor density when their hair is that short and in certain camera angle, light etc. To me your density looks ok, but again go ansd see a surgeon.

Excellent points made by spex. By the way you dont have any pics of your hair from the front, if you post them up you might get a few more opinions, your not dipping at the back, so that is defo good point as regarding to fue, I would forget the smp though, you look to have enough hair not to worry about that. where you from anyway ?

Also a thing to add, on so many ht forums many people have posted their photos, and the same quesion arises '' whats my donor like'' and my opinion is, unless your have your donor longer than...maybe grade 5 at the back its hard to say. Sometimes its obvious that someones donor is poor and they should be advised against a ht, but the majority of the time, the fact is we havent got a clue. A lot of guys have posted their pictures on forums and its been in sunlight, camera angle etc, and some people have said ''oh, your donor aint that great'' and they go on to have 5000 grafts. My point again is go and see a surgeon. With my limited knowledge compared to the others here, i will still bet you, that most fue surgeons willl get 4000 at least out of the back of you. Weather that is right or wrong is not for me to say but going on forums around europe, i wouldnt bet against it.

Have a friend draw a 1cm square on the back of your head. Count how many hairs are within that square cm.

If the count is low, you will get less grafts or require a bigger FUE donor area, if the count is high, you are a good candidate for FUE with a smaller donor area.

Simple

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Southdriver ,

It's that simple is it .... :confused:

I beg to differ.

In your opinion then patient physiology bares NO relevance whatsoever to their FUE eligibility?

Patient physiology bares relevance to all hair transplants. If the recipient skin if too hard, it won't accept the grafts etc. Complications can arise from both methods. At least with FUE if the skin of the patient's donor won't 'give' for whatever reason the procedure can stop and all the patient will have is a few tiny white dots. Stretched scars are a possible occurrence with FUT and that doesn't deter many people from undergoing FUT.

Spex, I dont understand this, would you please explain what you mean by some patients are just not FUE candidates.

And that the doctor could not say whether FUE is possible on a particular patient and had to cancel - what was the reason?

Thanks in advance