Maximum how many grafts can be harvested per sq cm in men?

Hi guys I've decided to have ht done on top and consulted some well known doctors in my country.They gave different numbers from 2000 to 4000 grafts for me.I'm wondering Maximum how many grafts can be harvested and transplanted in males?And I'll be grateful if you give any idea about my donor density based on my photos.I'm 24 years old blonde guy.I'm losing hair since 18 but it slowed down now.My twin brother suffering same amount of thinning.My father isnt bald.There are complete baldness in some of my family members.Sorry my english is not good.Thanks in advance.

LGIM0201.jpg.2db87817466adfea1c1a45b0c8e313e9.jpg

LGIM0138.jpg.02acd02f64e96a773235239f7d80f31b.jpg

LGIM0134.jpg.3c75ba5d0813ce304f7e65b19b614ab9.jpg

LGIM0091.jpg.11fa55f3c6fa13a1029fd0cb11c0dbce.jpg

Edited by luna1

Hard to give a total estimate but I think you could easily obtain 4,000 grafts looking at your donor area. Some people are lucky enough to obtain 10,000 grafts via FUT and/or FUE although that is pushing the envelope for most in terms of scalp laxity if through FUT or excessive scarring if FUE.

The number of grafts that can be safely harvested "by strip" would be dependent on two major factors. The amount of scalp laxity and also the patient's available donor density. Scalp laxity is not an issue with FUE.

IMHO, 4,000 grafts is way more than what would be needed to address your frontal third and there is sooo much existing good native hair there already. I would not even recommend 2,000 grafts to start with. You run as much risk in transecting the existing hair that you already have.

How old are you? Because your MPB became noticable by you at a young age of 18, you have more hairloss in your future. Have you consulted a doctor to get on finasteride?

I would be more concerned in saving what you already have then starting HT surgery at this point in time.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

It does look like you have very good density in the donor area. However, I think that if you are considering a hair transplant at this time you stay conservative and would not need more than 2000 FU's. You need to consider preventative measures and save as much donor for later in case you need it. Are you considering FUE or FUT/strip?

It does look like you have very good density in the donor area. However, I think that if you are considering a hair transplant at this time you stay conservative and would not need more than 2000 FU's. You need to consider preventative measures and save as much donor for later in case you need it. Are you considering FUE or FUT/strip?

Thank you Dr. Glenn for reply,

İf I hade ht done, I'd prefer fue because I like very short hair as in the photos.As much as I know, fue scars are smaller and harder to notice.When I was in high school, my hair was dense and healty then I instantly lost too much hair from frontal scalp.My hair loss slowed down %70 except for right temple now.I keep my existing hair by buzz cutting since then.When I let my hair grow, hairs on top keep thinning.I want ht as a measure for future loss.As you said, İf I have 2000 grafts now and lose more hair in future, transplanted hairs can cover opening areas.I dont think I wont be a norwood 6 in near future because there is no problem with back hair now.Problem is in frontal and middle scalps

Edited by luna1

The number of grafts that can be safely harvested "by strip" would be dependent on two major factors. The amount of scalp laxity and also the patient's available donor density. Scalp laxity is not an issue with FUE.

IMHO, 4,000 grafts is way more than what would be needed to address your frontal third and there is sooo much existing good native hair there already. I would not even recommend 2,000 grafts to start with. You run as much risk in transecting the existing hair that you already have.

How old are you? Because your MPB became noticable by you at a young age of 18, you have more hairloss in your future. Have you consulted a doctor to get on finasteride?

I would be more concerned in saving what you already have then starting HT surgery at this point in time.

Hi transect,

I'm 24 years old.Actually my existing hair on top is extremely fine and weak.I'm sure if I let my hair grow I would lose frontal scalp completely in just 4-5 years.I dont understand why my hair loss started so instantly.When I was 19 I was losing handful of hairs.İt was like a nightmare.I lost my self confidence because of this.Fortunately it is stabilized now.I havent consulted a doctor face to face yet

From the pictures you've shown, you have more than enough density for up to 4,000 FUE, leaving the donor area dense enough. for both coverage and a future procedure (provided the donor area is large and spread out).

A good FUE surgeon will use a small punch and the FUE 'scars' will be almost undetectable. I'm not even 4 months post FUE and even up close, you can't see any punch scars at all.

People have this image that when you punch the graft, it leaves a big gap between the native hairs, but remember, the 'gap' closes before it heals over, bringing the native hairs closer together too.

Grafts per FUT vs grafts per FUE is something that gets discussed on here a lot, but the bottom line is, with FUT it depends how big the strip is that they cut out of your head and with FUE it depends on how dense the donor area is and how wide the donor area utilize is.

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

luna1,

You mentioned that you have not yet been examined by a doctor, do you intend to in the near future?

You crown appears to be in good shape and proven hairloss meds like low dose finasteride can potentially greatly slow down that loss in the future. You're only 24 with lots of hair to save!

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

luna1,

You mentioned that you have not yet been examined by a doctor, do you intend to in the near future?

You crown appears to be in good shape and proven hairloss meds like low dose finasteride can potentially greatly slow down that loss in the future. You're only 24 with lots of hair to save!

gillenator,

Actually I'm not losing hair anymore because as long as I keep my hair very short (4-5 times buzz cut a month) , there's no fall out and I easly keep what I have right now without any medications.My actual plan is to have a dense HT and keep my hair as short as possible to the end of my life !.My job is suitable for this.I normally have a good shaped head but I'm a little bit overweight now and look like a meatball with short hair with bald spots on it.I think an HT of 2000 grafts in the hands of a skillful surgeon would be enough to make me happy.

From the pictures you've shown, you have more than enough density for up to 4,000 FUE, leaving the donor area dense enough. for both coverage and a future procedure (provided the donor area is large and spread out).

A good FUE surgeon will use a small punch and the FUE 'scars' will be almost undetectable. I'm not even 4 months post FUE and even up close, you can't see any punch scars at all.

People have this image that when you punch the graft, it leaves a big gap between the native hairs, but remember, the 'gap' closes before it heals over, bringing the native hairs closer together too.

Grafts per FUT vs grafts per FUE is something that gets discussed on here a lot, but the bottom line is, with FUT it depends how big the strip is that they cut out of your head and with FUE it depends on how dense the donor area is and how wide the donor area utilize is.

Rob

Hello rob,

Thank you for your comment

I see that you're experienced.Can I ask you some questions?I'd grateful if you can answer

*Did you notice thinning in donor or receiver area after transplant?

*İs there any noticable punch scars (even litte) with shaved head?

*Did you lose hair around donor or receiver area after HT?

*How do feel now? is there a sense of covering in bald areas? Are you satisfied when you look at the mirror? :)

You have the same goal as me, which is to have an HT to sport the buzz cut. I beleive that's an achievable goal since you can achieve more with less grafts.

I had 2080 grafts transplanted less than 2 months ago and i shave 0 guard now witt no issue, as for the final result, it's too early to judge but so far so good.

One thing i'd like to mention is that, you still lose hair even if you keep your hair buzzed, i start buzzing my hair around 5 years ago and i lost hair since then, you can give meds a try, at least rogaine foam once or twice aday (which should be so easy to apply with a buzzed hair) and nizoral shampoo once or twice aweek. you can look into propecia too if you want to, since it is effictive but read about it first and understand the possibility of sides and see if you wanna take the risk.

Hi aim4hair

I've been keeping my existing hair for 6 years thanks to buzz cut and shaving but there may still a little loss as you said but I think it's not noticable because somebody with long hair might already lose up to 100 hairs a day.Alongside buzz cut, I shaved my head numerous times so far.I might give medicines a try but it looks like a mentally exhausting job.Frankly I dont dream of long healty hair anymore, darkness which hair follicules give is enough for me just like this http://cdn03.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/bana-bald/eric-bana-bald-19.jpg or like this https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWJpmAr1m24l8H2ZObwek67MOg25ONycqnBhFaxvyg_6hqEbShXg

Hi aim4hair

I've been keeping my existing hair for 6 years thanks to buzz cut and shaving but there may still a little loss as you said but I think it's not noticable because somebody with long hair might already lose up to 100 hairs a day.Alongside buzz cut, I shaved my head numerous times so far.I might give medicines a try but it looks like a mentally exhausting job.Frankly I dont dream of long healty hair anymore, darkness which hair follicules give is enough for me just like this http://cdn03.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/bana-bald/eric-bana-bald-19.jpg or like this https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWJpmAr1m24l8H2ZObwek67MOg25ONycqnBhFaxvyg_6hqEbShXg

if you looking to have your hair as short as the ones in the pics (0 guard), you might wanna look into HST (the one i had) since FUE will leave visible white dots, if you wanna have the sides and back shaved with a guard 2 then white dots should not be visible with FUE and you are good to go.

if you looking to have your hair as short as the ones in the pics (0 guard), you might wanna look into HST (the one i had) since FUE will leave visible white dots, if you wanna have the sides and back shaved with a guard 2 then white dots should not be visible with FUE and you are good to go.

aim4hair

I've checked your photos and made a little search about HST on the net.Did you really notice regrowth in donor area after HT? İf there is regrowth, this is fantastic. I'havent heard HST procedure before.İf there is such a method, why so many people still prefer fue? I'll follow your situation closely. İf there is regrowth this means unlimited donor hair, at least chance for multiple procedures.

luna1,

Glad to hear you are not experiencing any massive sheds or fall out at the present time however try to remember that MPB is a progressive disorder, and at your young age of 25, the hairloss will resume.

Younger men with more native hair are the best candidates for Propecia because the more exisitng hair you can keep or hold onto, the less surgery will be needed in the future.

You may also want to have your crown area examined for potential miniturization which may be occurring. If you can stop that now, you have the chance to keep your crown intact.

Something to think about....best wishes to you friend. :cool:

Gillenator

aim4hair

I've checked your photos and made a little search about HST on the net.Did you really notice regrowth in donor area after HT? İf there is regrowth, this is fantastic. I'havent heard HST procedure before.İf there is such a method, why so many people still prefer fue? I'll follow your situation closely. İf there is regrowth this means unlimited donor hair, at least chance for multiple procedures.

I did notice regrowth in my donor, it was very clear with zoomed in pics that there were hair coming out of the extraction sites. Now some skeptics think that Gho is just splitting hair, but as for me i believe it's regeneration not splitting. There is a guy on other forums called gc83uk who documented his donor regrowth with very clear analysis, you can look him up.

Of course i can't confirm if what's happening is regrowth or not, but i can confirm that HST leaves no scars to the visible eyes, or very minimal that you won't have any issues shaving to the bone.

İf there is such a method, why so many people still prefer fue?

Read about the history of FUE and you will see how long it has been in the market before ppl even considered it, why do you think the case with HST will be any diffrence ? i agree that HST might not be very famous in the online forums but they have 4 clincs so far with a huge waiting list.... new clinc to open in Jakerta this year and another one in Dubai in the coming 2 years, so many ppl are going for that technique as well.

Plus no technique will take over others, some ppl still prefer FUT, some people prefer FUE and some prefer HST, it's all up to patients goal, and with current technology you can get good results with all of them.

İf there is regrowth this means unlimited donor hair, at least chance for multiple procedures

It does not provide unlimited donor suppy since the minimum regrowth percentage they gurantee is 80-85% so you might lose 15-20% in each op. but yeah you have chance for multiple procedures, according to them there are ppl who did 8 procedures, also Gerard Joling (a famous dutch singer) did 3 HSTs so far after 2 strip ops in the past, which is alot and according to them he can go for more.

I did notice regrowth in my donor, it was very clear with zoomed in pics that there were hair coming out of the extraction sites. Now some skeptics think that Gho is just splitting hair, but as for me i believe it's regeneration not splitting. There is a guy on other forums called gc83uk who documented his donor regrowth with very clear analysis, you can look him up.

Of course i can't confirm if what's happening is regrowth or not, but i can confirm that HST leaves no scars to the visible eyes, or very minimal that you won't have any issues shaving to the bone.

Read about the history of FUE and you will see how long it has been in the market before ppl even considered it, why do you think the case with HST will be any diffrence ? i agree that HST might not be very famous in the online forums but they have 4 clincs so far with a huge waiting list.... new clinc to open in Jakerta this year and another one in Dubai in the coming 2 years, so many ppl are going for that technique as well.

Plus no technique will take over others, some ppl still prefer FUT, some people prefer FUE and some prefer HST, it's all up to patients goal, and with current technology you can get good results with all of them.

It does not provide unlimited donor suppy since the minimum regrowth percentage they gurantee is 80-85% so you might lose 15-20% in each op. but yeah you have chance for multiple procedures, according to them there are ppl who did 8 procedures, also Gerard Joling (a famous dutch singer) did 3 HSTs so far after 2 strip ops in the past, which is alot and according to them he can go for more.

Thanks aim4hair,

May be I should give medicines a try and wait until these new HT techniques improve in coming years.I dont want to risk my remaining hair with any kind of surgery.After seeing some guys losing their transplanted hair on forums, I'm approaching HT a bit hesitantly now.