Dr. Alexander - Pics of My 5 Mo Results after HT 2

Excuse my writing writing below but it's late and I kind of rushed putting this together icon_smile.gif

Back in the mid 90's I had several small mini/micrograft sessions with the craptastic Bosley Medical. My results never really looked awful because my native hair blended in pretty good. As I hit my 30's more of the native hair started to go. I was able to use Toppik pretty effectively but it was becoming more and more apparent that I was getting pretty thin. Especially from a top view. I wore my hat more than I would have liked.

Thanks to this site I finally decided to take the step to take care of things. My hair is very thick and my donar is extremely dense and I have alot of it so I knew I could achieve some pretty good results with the right Dr.

I chose Dr. Alexander and went in for my first HT in 12/07 and received 2680 grafts. Besides the fact that Dr. Alexanders work was incredible I also required a Dr that would not require me to shave down. I couldn't take off work for very long, hat's weren't an option and I definitely didn't want to go through the akward phase when having to shave down. I was a pretty fast grower and HT1 started to come in very nicely and I was loving the results I was getting in the frontal 1/3 where I received the grafts.

After about 11 months from HT 1 I decided to go in for HT 2 with Dr. Alexander on 12/08 to fill in the top since the front 1/3 was much thicker. I recieved about 2500 and I'm now just over 5 months out. Much more to come but I'm super happy with the results so far. I've never told a soul that I've had anything done and no one has noticed. They just think I've been on propecia and have had some great results. I always used toppik before the last 2 HT's so the change wasn't as obvious as you'll see in the before and after photos below.

THANK YOU DR. ALEXANDER and STAFF. You're the best!

I'm 40 Years old icon_eek.gif. I look like I'm 30 though icon_biggrin.gif

Day of HT 1 with Dr. A

BeforeHT1.gif

Day of HT 1 hairline

BeforeHT1_hairline.gif

Day after HT 1 top

HT1_TopDay1.gif

5 Days after HT 1 Front and Donor shot. Back to work with some Toppik. My recovery time went quick.

Day5Collage.jpg

Fast forward to 5 Months after HT 2

Just out of bed spiked up a little. W/flash

HT2_5mo_just_bedheadspike.gif

Right side bedhead spike w/flash

HT2_5mo_right_bedheadspike.gif

Wet Right

HT2_5mo_left_wet.gif

Top No flash

HT2_5mo_top_drynoflash.gif

Top Flash

HT2_5mo_top_drywithflash.gif

Front Wet flash

HT2_5mo_front_wet.gif

Front Dry No flash

HT2_5mo_front_drynoflash.gif

Thanks Bill!

Just to clarify though. The first HT was done 12/07 which completed the front 1/3. I then went for a second on 11/19/08 to fill in the mid to back top since the front 1/3 had grown in so full I wanted the mid to back top to match. So that's the part that's 5 months out and it's definitely coming in good. I can tell that the mid to back top takes a little longer than the front 1/3 though.

Thanks for your work here. I wish everyone looking for an HT would find this site first to become better educated and speak with other in order to be able to make an educated decision before getting an HT.

Originally posted by PLEASE GROW PLEASE:

Looks really good

Who's got your tonque PGP - my posts have been longer than yours lately! icon_smile.gif

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Flyby,

I'm so pleased that you are on the road to recovery after suffering through Bosley's "care". I'm also a past Bosley patient and little did I know that they <STRIKE>likely</STRIKE> definitely created more baldness than they fixed!

Your photos look really good and I'm particularly impressed with your 5-day post-op photos with some Toppik allowing you to go back to work so quickly. Was there any concern by Dr. Alexander on using Toppik on the grafts at such at early stage?

I look forward to your updates going forward.

M&M

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Five months post op, second ht, 5,180 in total: that's one killer chica slaying pelo fly by! Nice to see your updates & w/plenty more beastly strands of hair to come.

congrats!

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.