If a girl runs her fingers through your hair, will she feel an FUT scar?

It takes time for the scar to heal and mature. Mine was slighty raised for about 3 to 4 months but now i can buzz my hair down to a grade 2 without anyone noticing and when i run my hand through my hair i cant feel anything and i know what ive had done.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

It really depends how far post-op you are or if the healing process is far along enough that the scar flattens out.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

If she runs her fingers through my hair then absolutely no. If she is massaging my scalp then maybe, though not likely.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

My scar is perfectly flat after two strips. My wife can't feel it and my hairdresser has a hard time finding it.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I think most patients don't have raised or severe scarring. Unfortunately I did. There are no guarantees in any surgery (unfortunately) so this is always a risk. However you always have the opportunity for revision.

If you have darker pigmented skin you stand a higher risk of keloid formation, just an fyi. I am south asian (from India), but tractional stress may have also caused my hypertrophic scarring.

Girls notice everything. They ponder and probe. And they will ask, "what happened?"

It doesn't matter what you say, just say it in a calm voice, no matter you are in the moments of intimacy or whether you are at a summer party, just got out of the pool and in front of your friends and some chick thinks it's fun to put you on the spot. Say whatever, just say it the 'right way' . Good luck with your scar(s).

I was with this woman and she loved running her fingers through my hair while we where having sex.. It bugged the crap out of me so bad that I was paranoid that she was going to feel the scar as well as the recepient area.. I was afraid that she would notice the spikiness of the transplanted hairs.. I simply would pull her hands off my head and hair and put them elsewhere.. lol.

I was afraid that she would notice the spikiness of the transplanted hairs.."

Formertrackstar- do you mean the transplanted hair feel more "spikey" than the normal surrounding native hairs? Is this a normal occurrence?

Formertrackstar- do you mean the transplanted hair feel more "spikey" than the normal surrounding native hairs? Is this a normal occurrence?
Yes that is normal.. I went to one of the worst Docs on the planet then had went to one of the most respected Docs in the world to get a repair.. Comparing the spikiness.. Both of their work feels spikey.. Feels like a porcupine when you rub it closely..

I went over to my sisters house about 2 months ago to visit and have dinner.. My 2 nieces said, "Uncle come up stairs we have a surprise for you.". I didn't know what they where up too.. One of them is in 2nd grade and my other niece is in 4th grade. She said, "sit down in this chair." So I sat down in the chair. She brought over a hair brush and a water bottle, hair spray and scissors.. They where playing Hair dresser like little girls do.. Thinking one day they may be a hair stylist.. She started combing my hair in different directions and spraying my hair with water.. Right then I was terrified she was going to see my scarring on the back of my head from my donor area and my hairplugs that where camouflaged with follicular units.. She started massaging my head as though she was pretending to shampoo it.. She said Uncle, why is your hair so DRY and rough.. A 9 year old girl spotted out something that was unusual to feeling anything to her hair or any of her friends hair.. She then ran downstairs and told my sister and brother and law Uncles hair is really rough and dry... I had to say something like I have hairspray in my hair.. She felt the different texture and dryness that transplants have.. Not to mention when I shower twice a day I let the conditioner sit in my hair for a good amount of time..Good thing I got out of the chair before she could of found the scar.. How embarrassing.. She never felt anything like that with anyone elses hair that she played hair dresser with..

Edited by formertrackstar

thats weird because no one knows I have had 3 hts unless I tell them....and i show them up close and they think I am joking around......even just recently when i was 8 days post op from my third...i was spiking my hair and no sign of it

thats weird because no one knows I have had 3 hts unless I tell them....and i show them up close and they think I am joking around......even just recently when i was 8 days post op from my third...i was spiking my hair and no sign of it

Adam,

My nieces do not know that I had a hair transplant and I don't plan on telling them.. They would never know I had a hair transplant at that young of an age just by looking at my hair without brushing/combing, feeling it.. She noticed the different texture and dryness that hair transplants have.. I have had 3 hair transplants myself as well.. BTW your native hair is very dense.. I probably have more transplanted hair on top of my head than you.. Make sure your on meds.. You don't want to loose your native hair around the transplanted hairs and further back in the midscalp and crown.. Then you may have to go into surgery number 4.. I was very young at the age of 24 when I had my first hair transplant and now am 34 and am chasing hair around like crazy! You can get away with spiking your hair at your age but if you get more hair loss in the future your different hairstyles like spiking maybe over.. Once my hairloss really triggered I was limited to hairstyles..

Formertrackstar