How many hair transplant patients feel akward when someone is staring at your hair?

Well,

I am a business owner and I must say that I deal with alot of people on a daily basis.. I am a hair looker! I can spot out a hair transplant from 10 feet away.. You may not know that I'm looking but from the corner of my eye I can spot out the bad ones.. I have a client of mine that comes into my business and he has one of the worst transplants I've ever seen.. I never would say anything to him due to the fact that it would hurt his feelings.. But shit who the F hacked this guy?! I feel very uncomfortable myself due to the fact that this guy is staring at my hair and I have a transplant.. I always wonder if that GUY can tell if I had a transplant.. I seen guys walk into my business doors with shaved heads.. I always had a little jealsousy towards a good looking framed face guy with a shaved head.. I never could pull it off.. I tried it and had my balls broke by friends and co-workers.. Sometimes I feel a little bit nervous when that GUY"S eyes roll up to my hair.. Can he tell if I had it done? There is no answer.. What guy has the balls to say to your face dude what is up with your hair?! I was with a buddy that is completely bald and we where walking in Loews Home Improvement and there was a guy wearing a rug on his head.. My buddy said to me yo, "did you see that rug on that guys head". Of course he isn't going to have the nerve to say it to him.. Usually that is what happens people will comment to their friends but not to the persons face.. I seen guys that came into my doors of business shaved down with their strip scars revealed.. It must take alot of courage to shave down with a strip scar on the back of your head.. When I look at someone that has had a bad transplant the first thing you think is wow.. This guy had a lack of confidence with his baldness.. I did.. I hopped in the chair at the age of 24 years old and had my first transplant.. Now I'm 34 and still chasing hair around.. It is a battle..

Do you have any pictures?

I feel like you think you can spot an HT 10 feet away, but if it is done right, I really doubt you can. I am a hair looker as well, and being from a small town in the south, an HT is not something that you see everyday, but you do see them every once in a while.

The way I look at it, is if I spot an HT, it wasn't that good of one.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

OK, I checked your pics out. Unless the guy sees your scar, there is not way in the world he would be able to tell you have had a transplant by looking at your hairline. It is a battle, but I dont think I would be happy shaving it.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

hi, I am a Hairdresser now working with Interlink (is a hair enhancement technique). I have a lot of clients that went thru a Hair transplant and some of them weren't happy about the fullness and anothers have concerns like yourself. I work with this clients doing this technique to achieve a greater fullness that covers the scaring from the HT. This technique is undetectable because the hair is attached strand by strand. I think if you get this on top of what you have it will have more of a natural appereance and you wont have to worry about people starring. This technique will cover the areas exposed.

Good transplants go unnoticed and people will not be able to detect them.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

hi, I am a Hairdresser now working with Interlink (is a hair enhancement technique). I have a lot of clients that went thru a Hair transplant and some of them weren't happy about the fullness and anothers have concerns like yourself. I work with this clients doing this technique to achieve a greater fullness that covers the scaring from the HT. This technique is undetectable because the hair is attached strand by strand. I think if you get this on top of what you have it will have more of a natural appereance and you wont have to worry about people starring. This technique will cover the areas exposed.

Bill please ban this spammer.

a few days ago i ran into a friend i used to work with, i kept seeing his eyes wondering up towards my hair. So jokingly i said "what are you looking at?" and he said "what the hell, didnt you use to be balder than me?" And i laughed and said "not anymore"

personally i dont mind people looking at my hair, i think it looks natural and am proud to show it off... I dont try to hide the fact that ive had it done either. Why bother?

Before I had hair transplant surgery I used to catch people with wandering eyes looking at my balding head all the time. I'm a middle school teacher and I used to see students doing it all the time. Drove me nuts.

Since I had a hair transplant, no one that didn't know be previously ever looks at my hair/head anymore. I've only seen a couple of old fiends whom I did not tell steal glances at my head but I think they were doing that because they remembered me having far less hair up top and were trying to figure out what changed. I would say my results are undetectable except perhaps to the well-educated with keen eyes.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• Moderators
I have a client of mine that comes into my business and he has one of the worst transplants I've ever seen.

Am I a client of yours? LOL

What guy has the balls to say to your face dude what is up with your hair?
I deal with the public in my job and from personal experience I can tell you that people who are drunk and/or people who are mad at me for some reason will make comments and it is usually a lot worse than simply saying what's up with your hair. It happens on a semi regular basis.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I deal with the public in my job and from personal experience I can tell you that people who are drunk and/or people who are mad at me for some reason will make comments and it is usually a lot worse than simply saying what's up with your hair. It happens on a semi regular basis.

Man, that really sucks. Have you had any in person consults with any top doctors?

View Spanker's Website

Noticeable hair transplants are a thing of the stone age.

Agreed. Top doctors make their work undetectable. I had a smaller type transplant over a decade ago and no one could ever tell. You may think "well how do you know that?". I have some brutally honest friends and finally I discussed it with them. Several months ago I met and had dinner with a H/W patient and there was absolutely no way anyone could tell this dude was 2 years post-op from a hair transplant surgery. What is amazing is his hair looked better than most I've seen on the H/W website gallery. I assure you there are tons of guys walking around that have had transplants from the top Docs that you cant tell they've ever had hair transplant surgery.

Edited by Shampoo

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

a few days ago i ran into a friend i used to work with, i kept seeing his eyes wondering up towards my hair. So jokingly i said "what are you looking at?" and he said "what the hell, didnt you use to be balder than me?" And i laughed and said "not anymore"

That's funny as heck right there! It's also all that I want, more hair than my friends.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

No, You aren't a client of mine.. LOL

OK, I checked your pics out. Unless the guy sees your scar, there is not way in the world he would be able to tell you have had a transplant by looking at your hairline. It is a battle, but I dont think I would be happy shaving it.
There is a possibility someone could spot that I had work done on my hairline with a keen eye.. If someone where looking at the back of my head it would be a given that I had a hair transplant with the width of the scar and the fact that it goes from ear to ear.. Even with my hair a little longer there is a line that you can see on the back of my head.... When the hair is cut the day of the barber of course that is a dead given.. I like my hair cut a certain way. Even when my barber has to be careful as anything to not expose that scar.. It still is exposed.. BTW-When is your surgery date with Dr. Konier? I think that you are in very good hands.. I wish you the best of luck Spanker.. Especially for the the amount of time that you have been on here.. Have you tried shaving your head Spanker? If so how long?

Spanker, if you;re going to Dr. Konior, you will definitely be in good hands. I had two transplants from him and for sure it does not look like I've had any work done. Only people who look now are the ones who knew me when I was really going bald. And they're confused as hell. So much so that I often tell them because I don't really care anymore who knows.

Track star,

I shaved my head but I have a condition that prevents me from feeling comfortable. I am in pretty good shape and consider my procedure just a refinement. I have a thread called "spanker sets a date" that u can search and it has some shave pics.

Tao,

My procedure is at the end of this month. Your hair looks great. I think your website is due for an update on ht number 2 if I remember right. He did u right up. Good for you!

View Spanker's Website

Spanker,

There is a guy that goes to my gym and I think he has the same condition that you have.. He shaves down to a number 2.. The back of his head is very wrinkly and it almost looks like someone tried to tattoo it-but I guess that is just the way it is with the condition.. It definitely catches my eye whenever I see him at the gym.. I will def chuck out your "spanker sets date" shave pics..

Edited by formertrackstar

Well,

I am a business owner and I must say that I deal with alot of people on a daily basis.. I am a hair looker! I can spot out a hair transplant from 10 feet away.. You may not know that I'm looking but from the corner of my eye I can spot out the bad ones.. I have a client of mine that comes into my business and he has one of the worst transplants I've ever seen.. I never would say anything to him due to the fact that it would hurt his feelings.. But shit who the F hacked this guy?! I feel very uncomfortable myself due to the fact that this guy is staring at my hair and I have a transplant.. I always wonder if that GUY can tell if I had a transplant.. I seen guys walk into my business doors with shaved heads.. I always had a little jealsousy towards a good looking framed face guy with a shaved head.. I never could pull it off.. I tried it and had my balls broke by friends and co-workers.. Sometimes I feel a little bit nervous when that GUY"S eyes roll up to my hair.. Can he tell if I had it done? There is no answer.. What guy has the balls to say to your face dude what is up with your hair?! I was with a buddy that is completely bald and we where walking in Loews Home Improvement and there was a guy wearing a rug on his head.. My buddy said to me yo, "did you see that rug on that guys head". Of course he isn't going to have the nerve to say it to him.. Usually that is what happens people will comment to their friends but not to the persons face.. I seen guys that came into my doors of business shaved down with their strip scars revealed.. It must take alot of courage to shave down with a strip scar on the back of your head.. When I look at someone that has had a bad transplant the first thing you think is wow.. This guy had a lack of confidence with his baldness.. I did.. I hopped in the chair at the age of 24 years old and had my first transplant.. Now I'm 34 and still chasing hair around.. It is a battle..

Hey Mate,

We all get self conscious at times. But the truth is today's HT patients are getting natural, proven and permanent results. In our clinics the patents brag about how people cannot tell. We have hair stylist who comment the same. You could always post and pics and poll. The point is the you feel better about your self image and that should be enough.If a guys eyes rolls up to you hair maybe its just because he thinks it looks good. Don't second guess yourself. Stay confident and enjoy. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

Hey Mate,

We all get self conscious at times. But the truth is today's HT patients are getting natural, proven and permanent results. In our clinics the patents brag about how people cannot tell. We have hair stylist who comment the same. You could always post and pics and poll. The point is the you feel better about your self image and that should be enough.If a guys eyes rolls up to you hair maybe its just because he thinks it looks good. Don't second guess yourself. Stay confident and enjoy. All the Best, Michael

Michael,

That is not true what you said, their are still clinics out there that are using outdated techniques.. Not all patients are getting natural and proven results, or guaranteed results.. Nothing is permanent with hair transplantation.. There is always a chance that you can loose transplanted hair as time goes on.. In 2002 and 2004 I went to a recommended surgeon on this forum that advertised and stated on this forum that he did Follicular Unit transplantation (Ultra Refined Transplantation). He did not Do FUT... In fact I was lied to mislead, uneducated, ect. I could go on and on about how they took advantage on me.. It was outdated, pluggy, unnatural, and caused alot frustration in my life.. They had so many complaints on this forum by other members that they where removed off the Hair Transplantation Network.. I highly doubt that every one of your patients brag about the results.. I am sure that there is alot of patients that are happy-but there are alot of unhappy ones as well. Right now my hair looks much better than it did before in the recipient area and I thank Dr. Ron Shapiro for that for his natural work.. But I still have those plugs on top of my head from the previous doctor that will see every day of my life.. As well as a wide scar on the back of my head..They are camouflaged-but they are noticeable by me and a keen eye! Also a hair transplant is never the same thing..

Edited by formertrackstar