Anyone not having side effects from Propecia?

VeniVidiVici

I just saw some horrible percentage of patients having side effects from taking Propecia. It was 82%. OMG That means that 8 of 10 people using propecia have experienced side effects. I do believe that these numbers are correct because there are millions of people reporting side effects from the drug.

So I want to know is there at least one person on this forum - without side effects from teking Propecia.

Current regimen

------------------------------

Minoxidil 5% - 2x per day

Ketoconazole 2% - 2x per week

Merz Vitamin pills - 1x per day

Ok, I will do my best to find the newspaper so I can scan it and i can post it here,because I was unable to find on-line version of the study.

It's a study from Macedonian Health Association in 2007-2009, an experiment performed on 100 patients suffering from MPB (1mg finasteride/daily)

After the study,Macedonian Health association strongly recommends not to use finasteride for hair loss.

THE STUDY WAS NOT FINANCED BY ANY DRUG COMPANY.IT WAS FINANCED BY THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA(MINISTRY OF HEALTH).

82 of them reported side effects.

Side effects reported:

1. Decreased libido (sex drive)

2. Erectile dysfunction (impotence or ED)

3. Decreased ejaculate amoun

4. Signs of an allergic reaction, including unexplained skin rash, itching, hives, unexplained swelling, wheezing, or difficulty breathing or swallowing

5. Breast tenderness or breast enlargement

6. Testicular pain.

What I think is that FDA do not care for you and for me. It's probably one of the most corrupted organizations in the world, and those numbers of side effects (about 2% according to Merck and FDA) are nothing but false.(My opinion)Do you know how FDA employees are paid? Mostly from a part of the profit of all drug companies in USA.

Current regimen

reported:

1. Decreased libido (sex drive)

2. Erectile dysfunction (impotence or ED)

3. Decreased ejaculate amoun

4. Signs of an allergic reaction, including unexplained skin rash, itching, hives, unexplained swelling, wheezing, or difficulty breathing or swallowing

5. Breast tenderness or breast enlargement

6. Testicular pain.

Unexplained wheezing, difficulty swallowing, hives, itching? I think this is a bit general wouldnt you say? I mean how long have these people been on it with the tests being done? At any given point one is susceptible to getting any of these and it may just be common to attribute it to a drug your taking, especially one that has so much rumor and noise around it.

Also, things like decreased libido may be hard to pinpoint. Especially if you are going in with the expectation that it will happen.

Its not uncommon that people go online, read the symptoms to a desease or a medicine's side effects and suddenly think that they have them. Our mind is very strong.

Personally, coming from the Balkans myself, I dont know how much I trust the medical reports made by them. They may not necessarily be anymore trustworthy than the FDA, which is at least supported by top-notch men in the field.

Its also a bit brash to say that the FDA "doesnt care for you". There are human beings in those research groups, not robots aiming purely at revenue and as such conscious in many of those man does play a role.

Personally, coming from the Balkans myself, I dont know how much I trust the medical reports made by them. They may not necessarily be anymore trustworthy than the FDA, which is at least supported by top-notch men in the field.

Ok, it's good to hear from the other side. With all due respect to your opinion, I think thaht you should see these videos.

Just type FDA corruption on google and and it will return 6,000,000 + results

THERE ARE NO HUMAN BEINGS IN FDA. THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF CORRUPTED EVIL MACHINES ONLY.

http://video.google.com/videos...f#q=FDA&view=2&emb=0

http://video.google.com/videos...f#q=FDA&view=2&emb=0

http://video.google.com/videos...emb=0&aq=0&oq=FDA+c#

And of course, all these videos are made by USA citizens, not citizens from the Balkans, who are "unreliable " according to you.

I just read that there are NO studies for long term side effects from finasteride 1mg, but it is approved by FDA as safe drug. OMG !!!

FDA is is responsible for killing of over 1 million American citizens, mostly with that FDA approved ASPARTAME.These are not my words.

And now, you will tell me that there are human beings in FDA that cares for us ? Come on...

Current regimen

When I first started taking Propecia, for the first week my testicles did hurt, and kind of tingled in a way. I don't know how to explain it, it was weird. That however eventually subsided. I do notice a decrease in libido, but I still have a healthy sex drive I would say. As far as ED, I have had no problems with that or any other of the aforementioned side effects.

Since now, no one. I wonder if those numbers of 82% are correst. I think it's 95%.

Current regimen

Thanks for your reply Yomommyz.God bless U2, and all American citizens, although I'm from Macedonia, I know how FDA is killing you slowly. And what is really weird, most of the doctors in USA are even blinded or corrupted by the FDA. I read that most of the dermatologists in USA take percentage for every Propecia prescription.

Let's spread this posts to the world so anyone can see about the REAL PERCENTAGE of side effects from Propecia. They claim that only 2% of the patients have experienced side effects. We will show that this number is more than 80%.

And for those Propecia and FDA advertisers - SHUT UP !!! No one believes in you any more...

I strongly believe in that Macedonian study.

Although the question was:

Anyone not having side effects from Propecia, every post here is about HAVING SIDE EFFECTS FROM PROPECIA.

Is there at least ONE?

Current regimen

Hey Yomommyz,I

I'm sorry you are experiencing the side-effect mentioned. if I was suffering similar symptoms, I would stop using - there's no doubt about it. The difficulty in breathing alone would do it for me.

I would just like to point out a few things though. Propecia is expensive but there are alternative options which make it very cost-effective. Increased hair loss at 9 months is very likely to be a shed, which is expected - and an indication that the drug is working. Perhaps the emotional issues and depression are due to the shed and/or the side-effects and not directly related to Propecia, in terms of a side effect.

That being said, if you believe Propecia is causing just some of the symptoms you stated, I'd recommend you stop.

People on this forum are not totally TRUE On this forum..I have read a lot and a lot a lot a lot.. I've seen manY advertisers on here trying to make a lot of money.. And many people will believe anything when they are vulnerable..And in PAIN!!!!!!!!!

I say to you readers that are guilty of this.. Burn! And to those true people willing to help, and give correct! caring! advice!.. Rule! in heaven

Who are these advertisers? From what I've read most, if not all the users on this forum recognise that there are side effects, my self included. There is a difference in recommending someone to *try* Finasteride and advertising it.

I often recommend people try Minoxidil and Finasteride as a first form of attack, does that mean I am advertising the drug? No. For me, I believe Finasteride is holding a lot of my hair with minimal known side effects (I believe I may have suffered from a slightly decreased libido).

Now, I'm not saying others don't suffer worse side effects, but for myself and many others - they have been what I consider minimal or nonexistent.

And many people will believe anything when they are vulnerable..And in PAIN!!!!!!!!!

That may be the case, but from all the posts I have read on this forum - nobody has lied regarding Finasteride. It's sad that you are experiencing such problems but not everyone has and because of this, we feel confident in suggesting people give it a shot.

The only people I have ever read making one-sided, unfounded claims, rightly or wrongly, are users like yourself that believe they have experienced serious problems while using Finasteride.

I'm not saying that you and others are not experiencing these issues, and I believe you should share your concerns with the forum - but to come and attack those who haven't with comments like we should "burn" and suggesting we are lying sounds hysterical, ridiculous and very childish.

Yomommyz,

Maxxy the mentor Big Grin Your a good writer, you give a good strong perspective for, lets say a drug company. haha Big Grin Just joking, How Could I possibly know that!? There is no way lol

Second you giving constructive advice Most likely (that would be considered a good thing you did or do). But If you have a hidden motive, and it's not GOOD.. Then .... . . .

NoW In question , is the motive behind your statements or Words!@ WhY would you report this? Are you being caring, thoughtful, are you giving back! ? I am not trying to attack people. But I will! if I see them! I will stand up to the wrong, and prove the morals are whats life's about! Not MoneY! (greed)

I do not care if writing makes you vulnerable. It's activists that make life diversified?

You say you are joking but follow it with comments that suggest to me you may think it's true, lets get one thing straight - I do not work for any drug company and I'm sure the members of this site will agree that even the suggestion of me doing so is ridiculous.

As I suggest Propecia and Rogaine as a first form of attack to hair loss, do you think perhaps I may work for Merck and do a bit work for Pfizer on the side? There is no direct advertisements for any medication on this site (if I'm wrong, please direct me to any pages where there are). Giving advice on products which have *worked for me* doesn't mean I'm some kind of plant or official endorsor - I give my opinions based on observation and personal experience working with and studying the product(s).

I'm finding it difficult to read a lot of your points/questions, however, I will try work through them in the order you have posted.

Of course people may find this site on google while searching for hair loss topics, and yes members on here are discussing/recommending Propecia as a treatment - just as some are recommending against its use. I guess in an indirect way, we all "advertise" the products, but not in the manner you are insinuating in your first post. People give opinions from their perspective - the advice as a result of their personal experience. This is not unlike a forum about cars; if drivers have had a good experience with a BMW X5, they will recommend that car to other members who require the features it offers for their needs. Again, this could be seen as indirect advertising but not in the way you were suggesting.

No one has ever suggested everything on the internet is true. With respect of Propecia on this site, most users including myself know there is and can be a bad side. If you read my posts you will find I fully acknowledge that.

You made the statement that members on this forum are "not true", in other words lying and that they were advertising for monetary gains. Why make such bold statements when you cannot even point to the people you are accusing? Your "burn" statement I did not see as a threat, however, it was directed at members of the communities. It *was* a childish remark and without basis (again, point me in the direction of a member who is only one-sided in regards to Propecia, as you said "I've seen manY advertisers on here trying to make a lot of money").

My first post in this thread was in response to you accusing members of the forum of lying and advertising for monetary gains neither of which I have seen evidence of in my time here.

I think I have covered it all. If I missed anything out, please let me know. icon_smile.gif

Well, I must say it's very sad and slightly annoying you felt the need to conduct an experiment in such a way.

Anyway, all the best in the future and think carefully about continuing with Finasteride if you are experiencing the problems you stated.

I hope you get the results you are looking for.

P.S. How do you suggest such forums run, how would you conduct these background checks to root out advertisers?

Maxxy

This is taking VeniVidiVici's topic way off track so I will end here.

It's ok. As far as the conversation is constructive, but we have all gone too far.

Lets go back to the topic.

I was about to start with Propecia, so I realy want to find at least one person not having side effects from Propecia, and than I can hope to be one of the very few man on the world who are not having side effects.

Current regimen

The FDA is evil? We're living in a time when the life expectancy of the average American is the highest it has ever been. That's in large part due to pharmaceuticals that were approved by the FDA. The FDA is not perfect, but they do a reasonable job.

And of course, all these videos are made by USA citizens, not citizens from the Balkans, who are "unreliable " according to you.

Look, I didnt say that they were unreliable. I said that I do not trust them in general as much as I trust those with the higher qualifications of western countries. This is not just based on my view, but on my experience and those of my family members in the various hospitals that they have been treated in. In Macedonia and my native Albania.

Also, as per the long term study. They take a long long time with Propecia. So far the longest studies have been at 5-6 years of use. However, as you see many people in these forums have taken them for as many as 9 years or so.

Telepinu, thanks for your replies. As I can see you are Albanian living in the US. so I'm glad cause we are neighbors icon_smile.gif.

Telepinu, are you taking Propecia, and have you experienced any side effects?

Yommomyz:

Like my Uncle Cernal Sanders always said. I'm toooo drunk!@# To taste this chicken!@# lol

It's one hell of a conclusion. icon_smile.gif Very creative and funny. I't reminds me of my uncle. icon_smile.gif

Current regimen

Thank you, Veni. I too like speaking to a fellow Balkanian on this forum.

As of now I have yet to jump on the Propecia bandwagen. I have received a perscription for it from a doctor (unfortunately he was a RSP not a full doctor so I will wait to go to professional doctor in my actual residence in NYC (I dont like doctors of small towns anyway).

All these horror stories have taken me back a little bit and made me hesitant. But like you my hairloss is progressing to such an extant that I simply cannot bear it any longer and need something to either stop it, slow it down or it possible reverse it a bit.

I will probably start it in about a month or two. While the stories do scare me a bit, I do not personally believe that it is truly as bad as they say. The claim that millions are having problems is I think unfounded, at most you can find several thousand worldwide people on horribly organized and maintained webforums spreading their own paranoia on others. Propecia is far from the only medicine involved in this. You can see how ridiculous some of these people can get when they attribute pretty much any small bodily issue they have to the ground and aggrandize the problem to unbelievable levels. Also, I do believe that psychology plays a major major factor here.

Perhaps it is more than 2%, very likely it is. But in this forum alone if you look at all those taking it and havnt experienced anything noticable or any side effects at all gives me a certain level of confidence in it. Let alone the fact that doctors do infact care (based on the experience of my own personal doctors) and if there was something actually wrong with the drug no doubt it would surface (especially as it has been going on for over 10 years now). Nevermind the fact that various doctors who treat hair loss have perscribed this to literally millions of people in the US in these last years and still the sideeffect issues remain as small as they are.

Ultimately we are left with a choice.... take it or not. I come from a family of mass hair loss sufferers. If you were to look at any family gathering of mine from the sky, you would be able to separate the women from the men by simply looking at the shiny heads. They have accepted it far better than I have... growing up in this far more materialistic world.

If the Macedonian study on Propecia has any big grounds, I hope to see it translated and published around... FDA cannot stop the passing of information and nor do I think that they are as evil and corrupt as the conspiracy theories make then out to be.

I may be wrong or right, I dunno. I hope the best for you and for myself if we should get on this but I certainly do think optimistically since it is too easy to fall into the pessimistic train. Particularly with medicine issues.

Zhiveo!

drunk on a sunday night? Not to judge but... Have you ever considered some of the other possible reasons why you are experiencing so much misery? No offense but perhaps you have some underlying problems that Propecia has brought out?

Thanks for the kind words Telepinu. It's you right to research even more before starting with "vitamin P". I think it's correct that psychology plays a major factor here. I wish all the best for you.

And Yomommyz, I feel for you, but let's face with the fact that hair is not everything. Aging is something that can not be reversed. However it's sad because it does not affects everyone in such a dramatic way. I believe that all the participants on this forum have hair loss problems. It is not wrong to want your beauty back, but it's wrong to let hair loss makes you depressive.

I'm sure that your hair looks fine for everyone except for you.When you notice the first signs of hairloss, you can not stop looking in the mirror. And yes, it makes you depressive, but you must learn how to control it. Best wishes for you.

Back to the topic.

Peter88, can you please tell me about sperm count on long term usage. Do you have children? Do you had any problems when trying to conceive?

Sorry about my terrible English.

Current regimen

• 3 weeks later...

I was on propecia for about three months before stopping it. It did improve my hair loss quite well. My side-effects: the usual ED, low libido, and gynecomastia. I stopped because of gynecomastia.

I gave it six months and my symptoms improved but my hair loss was the most severe. I was back on it for 8 months. Side-effects came back and my gynecomastia was really bad. The lumps were growing bigger and my nipple hurt. I stopped again. Hair loss was massive. Gynecomastia improved a little bit but the lumps are there and now I have to have surgery.