Any opinions appreciated

Hello all,

Wanted to get your opinions on what I can do.

I am mid 30's, thinning since late 20's but worse in the last 2 years.

I've been on rogaine (mainly use in the front) for 1 year with little benefit. I have not been on propecia. Over the past year there has been more general thinning on the top as can be seen in my semi wet photo with hair up.

Files show what I would like to do with my hairline but please tell me if this is too optimistic.

I like my hair short, that is a 1.5 on the sides. I was hoping to do FUE to rebuild the hairline and maybe get some thickness in the frontal part

Question:

#1: can I achieve this goal realistically and how many grafts will it take?

#2: if not realistic, how far would other people try to extend the hairline down.

#3: can't miss too much work, can I do this without shaving the top?

#4: can travel but I do live in CA, who should I go to?

Thank you so much for your help.

100_0007.jpg.4e167e1fba30f31d08e60705f9fd1003.jpg

100_0024.jpg.c75f8ce68c5f7e59d1bd8d672a2e67db.jpg

100_0028.jpg.e19fffb675bba57efd2bea229833e372.jpg

100_0032.jpg.aff2531f6443979fa238fcdec059a695.jpg

100_0035.jpg.26f2a7475df6002bedaa7d5be12555f0.jpg

100_0044.jpg.cd550b509715e23862c6ab21395ed290.jpg

I think the hairline you drew is generally realistic. However, I believe that a doc will want to take it up a bit at the temples to keep it from looking too straight.

I would guess 2000 grafts would do a nice job with good density. With a 2000 graft procedure, there are many good docs who would not require shaving and you have enough hair to cover up the transplants while you are recovering.

Get on propecia!! If you can tolerate it, it is very effective at halting or slowing hairloss and if you do not, you could regret it as you will likely be back in the chair not too long after your first procedure.

Good luck.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Your expectations seem reasonable. Propecia could help your general thinning in the mid scalp.

I'd look into the recommended surgeons in the link near the top right of this page.

There is another guy who is not part of this network, but posts some good results on his website and videos on Youtube. He's Dr John Diep based in San Jose CA. I reckon he's worth a consult.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Agreed. Those temples you drew in would be better a bit higher up. The frontal hairline is high enough to where those temples would look odd. Temple closure usually looks better on lower hairlines.

The entire top, particularly the frontal half is thinning quite a bit so you're needing not just harline work but rather you need the front half of your scalp filled in for a proper blending. I suspect you are thinning throughout to the crown as well but the frontal zone could be addressed and hopefully you'll consider getting on Propecia to halt the loss.

I took the liberty of freshening up your photos with better contrast and brightness to see the reality of your thinning. I also corrected the hairline and filled it in so you have an idea of what the design would look like.

attachment.php?attachmentid=31316&stc=1&d=1341015668

attachment.php?attachmentid=31317&stc=1&d=1341015668

To do what you are asking and to fill the frontal zone overall you're looking at closer to 3000 to 3200 grafts. Coincidentally we have a patient that has almost your exact same hair style and cut that also had your degree of loss. It took 3000 grafts for his result here...

2970_back_6b4904cd.jpg

2970_profile_19583c04.jpg

2970_tilt_44a783f9.jpg

1.jpg.d2d19b57d28b57f8834c0d9c9503b7a3.jpg

2.jpg.6fc289eb2094bf9c53d686884a9d83b7.jpg

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

That is a great result jo. Was that fut? I do not see a scar and his hair is very short.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker,

Thanks, yeah he had FUT with Dr. Hasson. He specifically took the strip a bit higher in the back so the patient could still pull off this "high and tight" style that he was used to.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thank you jotronic. I like the area you filled in, especially side view.

Doesn't look like you thought the very front of my hairline should be moved down at all although I thought that might be a good idea, even say 3/8" or 1/4". any reason for that specifically?

That seems unbelievable that that was a strip surgery. Is this a typical outcome when you take the strip at that position or did this guy just get extremely lucky? Also, does taking grafts higher up risk taking follicles thy will eventually be lost. The reason I wanted fue in the first place was to continue wearing my hair short.

If this is not the typical result I would say I would rather do 2000 grafts fue as I never though I looked well with long hair in the back.

What kind of density would we expect with 3000 grafts.

Thanks for your help