1 month post-op with Dr Path

It is exactly 1 month today since my HT with Dr Path and virtually all of the new hairs have fallen out, also as my native hair was shaved down for the op I am looking pretty awful at the moment.

Never mind, 1 step back 2 steps forward hopefully!!

1 question I have though is how long it takes the scalp to return to normal colour as mine is quite pink and although the transplanted hairs have fallen, my head still looks weird because of the colour of the scalp. Will this start to fade soon?

Please feel free to look at my blog and leave comments

Hair Restoration Site for Barry1108

Barry1108,

I just checked out your latest update. I have to say that the new hairline is going to frame your face nicely.

It's really hard to predict how long the scalp discoloration will last. My scalp remained visibly pinkish for months after each of my surgeries. It depends on the individual's skin color and healing characteristics.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I have seen it last a really long time and not so long. I am not sure why it how to tell how long yours will last. Maybe someone will chime in with a way to speed it up.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Yes it can last for months, one case of a guy I know personally his redness lasted a good 6/7 months. His was a lot redder than you are though. It'll return to normal soon enough relax. You're looking v much track for one month :cool:

I was quite red for two months, it came and went. The 3 months mark is when you will get better. I took msm to get my existing hair to cover my ht area and did not get a hair cut until over 3 months, I shaved down as well.

Happy growing

Bucks

Use un-scented body lotion on the recipient areas every night before bed. Put a small about on and let it sink in as you go to sleep.

I am now at week 4 and the redness has died down lots by doing this (and i'm also using low level laser for 10 mins each day to help healing, but not entirely sure how much this has helped).

Other thing i have done to help conceal it is to cover the donor and recipient areas up, then go on the sunbed for 5 mins, thus making the rest of me more red, which then blends into the red recipient area. Not ideal, but works ;)

Failing that, but some cheap concealer and rub it into the red areas.

Hope this helps

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

No problem on the info, glad i could help.

One thing i forgot to mention was i was told not to put anything on the donor area, just leave that to heal naturally. This isn't a problem as mine (3 1/2 weeks) is already loosing it's redness and is covered with hair anyway (no shock loss either :-)

I'm still putting body lotion on the recipient area each night although the surgeon says it's no longer necessary. To me, the skin and even hairs feel more supple afterwards.

Thanks

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul