Can we get a hair transplant repair group going?

Hey Mate, that's a great idea.

At US Hair Restoration where I am a patient advocate we do a considerable amount hair transplant repair. A good part of the repair has to do with the fact that great innovations of today were not available just ten years ago. So you are spot on in initiating the idea of hair transplant repair discussion on the forum here.

One of the most common types of repairs patients seek is correction of 'old plug' style procedures which yielded a very artificial look. Dr. Mohebi's ( A Recommended Physician on HTN) blog talks about the options available for people who would like to repair this type of outdated hair restoration. We've been getting great results.

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

Thanks

Do you mean a Hair Transplant Repair section of the forum? That would be a good addition to this forum, and it is somewhat curious this aspect of the industry remains excluded here. While skill and ethics have evolved over the years, you cannot erase, or ignore, the past.

Such as how do I get out of this mess. Procedures that help people back to living a normal life. Like removing the transplants and not having to wear a ball cap all the time. There a lot of people like me that need help. Not with more HTP but with procedures that remove them and help us get on with life. I had my 1st htp at 19 and it has turned out to be a nightmare...There are fantastic doctors out there now, but in the 90's and being young or old we need help and the solution is not to get more work done. It is to remove the what we had done. I don't want to sound like a child here but reality is reality and it is tough to deal with. Furthermore, there are people dealing worse issues, but I will tell you that I have never been able to find a true solution such as a REVERSAL. Wave that magic wand and have it be gone, and it is men or women like me that need help. I surely don't want to downfall the technology now, because it is great with the right doctor, so please don't take this thread as a negative.

I am just a man that needs help. I am not here to down fall, I am here try to solve this problem. This forum might not allow this type of group for the fact of money. If that is the case then so be it. The last thing I will say is that remember those here that are victims to this industry because of greed and dishonest providers...

Edited by Bowlforthedog

Bowlforthedog,

I agree that a repair section may be a good addition. I'll forward this discussion on to Bill.

Thanks!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 2 weeks later...
Such as how do I get out of this mess. Procedures that help people back to living a normal life. Like removing the transplants and not having to wear a ball cap all the time. There a lot of people like me that need help. Not with more HTP but with procedures that remove them and help us get on with life. I had my 1st htp at 19 and it has turned out to be a nightmare...There are fantastic doctors out there now, but in the 90's and being young or old we need help and the solution is not to get more work done. It is to remove the what we had done. I don't want to sound like a child here but reality is reality and it is tough to deal with. Furthermore, there are people dealing worse issues, but I will tell you that I have never been able to find a true solution such as a REVERSAL. Wave that magic wand and have it be gone, and it is men or women like me that need help. I surely don't want to downfall the technology now, because it is great with the right doctor, so please don't take this thread as a negative.

I am just a man that needs help. I am not here to down fall, I am here try to solve this problem. This forum might not allow this type of group for the fact of money. If that is the case then so be it. The last thing I will say is that remember those here that are victims to this industry because of greed and dishonest providers...

ALL forums should have a repair section, as anyone who got work done 20 years ago up to, and including today, are potential candidates for repair from botched surgeries.

Apparently, some forums would rather ignore this most unpleasant reality than meet it head on and give those patients a constructive forum for opinions, alternatives and personal experiences.

I have been around here for a number of years. I guess it comes down to the providers and the $$$ they dish out here. Kind of a double edged sword. Since I am going to slice the back of your head wide open and disects hairs to put on the top of your head, but by all means if you were young and a victim you can move on with no help. This is the problem, no one wants to take a stance on responsibility, since it is all about money. Unbelieveable! I thought this site was about helping people and it is no more than an undercover money pit. Yes, you can find good doctors here but when someone and other folks that need true help it is not here. ADIOS!

Bowlforthedog,

For someone who's been a member since 2007, you seem to have very little knowledge about how this community operates. I think that most active members who have participated and/or followed a lot of discussions will agree that we operate transparently. All members are free to share their experiences here (good or bad) regardless whether or not their physician is recommended by the community.

I think you are confusing the fact that we do not currently have a dedicated repair forum with the idea that we somehow try to sweep these topics under the carpet which could not be farther from the truth. In fact, if you simply locate the forum's search feature and type "repair" you'll find plenty of documented repair cases.

I'm really not sure where you're coming from here but, perhaps if your opinion of this community is so low then this is not the right place for you.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

BowlfortheDog,

I appreciate your input and suggestion in creating a new forum category for hair transplant repair cases. However, I'm unclear as to why you're angry at this community for not yet having one.

Personally, I think creating a section on hair transplant repairs is something we can consider. However, we have so many surgical categories already I'm afraid that people may be confused on where to post a new topic. For instance, if someone has a question about repair, should they post in the repair forum or the question and answers forum? If a repair patient would like to post photos showing their results, should they post it in the patient photos section or the repair section? Do you see where I'm going with this?

This community certainly isn't ignoring or hiding anything. You and other members are free to share your opinions, experiences and photos on and about hair transplant repair in any appropriate section of the forum.

As to the possibility of creating a separate forum for repair procedures, I appreciate the suggestion and we will certainly consider it.

Best wishes,

Bill

BowlfortheDog,

I appreciate your input and suggestion in creating a new forum category for hair transplant repair cases. However, I'm unclear as to why you're angry at this community for not yet having one.

Personally, I think creating a section on hair transplant repairs is something we can consider. However, we have so many surgical categories already I'm afraid that people may be confused on where to post a new topic. For instance, if someone has a question about repair, should they post in the repair forum or the question and answers forum? If a repair patient would like to post photos showing their results, should they post it in the patient photos section or the repair section? Do you see where I'm going with this?

This community certainly isn't ignoring or hiding anything. You and other members are free to share your opinions, experiences and photos on and about hair transplant repair in any appropriate section of the forum.

As to the possibility of creating a separate forum for repair procedures, I appreciate the suggestion and we will certainly consider it.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill thanks for your reply... There are people like me that want a solution. Meaning we want to not have transplants anymore. (Remove all the hair) and get on with our lives. How can we get out of what we got into. Bill you know that there are people out there that are unhappy with their HTP. I do not want to create a scene and I appreciate your understanding. I guess I am looking for an impossible solution. I just thought I would toss it out there.

I have been around here for a number of years. I guess it comes down to the providers and the $$$ they dish out here. Kind of a double edged sword. Since I am going to slice the back of your head wide open and disects hairs to put on the top of your head, but by all means if you were young and a victim you can move on with no help. This is the problem, no one wants to take a stance on responsibility, since it is all about money. Unbelieveable! I thought this site was about helping people and it is no more than an undercover money pit. Yes, you can find good doctors here but when someone and other folks that need true help it is not here. ADIOS!

It sounds like you are emotionally distraught, which is causing misdirected agitation. If you have questions or problems, please post them. Someone hear will be able to suggest a solution.

Unfortunately, when you get an HT, it is permanent, but there are are skilled doctors here that may be able to help you. Good luck.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

BowlfortheDog,

Thanks for being honest with your concerns. Just know that you are not alone in your goal towards a permanent solution. Every balding man and woman on this forum would like and "one and done" solution. And while hair restoration has come along way, very few people reach their goals in a single procedure.

If you had a previously unsatisfactory hair transplant experience, I can understand your frustration as well. Just know that the members of this community truly want to help you find a solution that's best for you. Feel free to share your experience and photos in the "Results Posted by Hair Transplant Patients" or "Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews" section. Or you can ask whatever question you like in the "Hair Restoration Questions and Answers" forum.

If there's anything I can do to help you directly, feel free to send me a private message.

Best wishes,

Bill

Personally, I think creating a section on hair transplant repairs is something we can consider. However, we have so many surgical categories already I'm afraid that people may be confused on where to post a new topic. For instance, if someone has a question about repair, should they post in the repair forum or the question and answers forum?

Repair forum

If a repair patient would like to post photos showing their results, should they post it in the patient photos section or the repair section?

Depends on the result. If they were a repair patient who has a session and is repaired, then he can post it where all other patients do, but if he is a work in progress, or dissatisfied with his results, he can stay in the Repair section.

But to have a dedicated forum devoted solely to repairs gives patients a forum where all these threads can be found, as opposed to searching here and there for this information, often not finding information one is looking for by simply not knowing these threads exist.

Bad hair transplants have existed for as long as this industry has existed, and they certainly exist today. It is the elephant in the room that I can't help thinking this forum is trying to pretend is not there. I won't bother speculating why, just that this forum could take a significant step forward by recognizing the importance of repairs to those members most in need of this information.

Bill thanks for your reply and I appreciate it. There is another forum that is around but it is not as good as this. They have a (Repair Section) to discuss options of using different methods of removing the HTP. I thought it would be a solid addition here, since there is mostlikely more traffic and this one is manged better. A forum dedicated to people seeking information on repair work for their previous unsuccessful hair transplant procedures.

For example there have been disccusions and pictures of folks that have removed their old plugs or they might be going through a lazer treament process to get rid of the old plugs..Ect. There are solutions out there for people. There are several advanced methods by dermatologists that can be performed CO2 Lazer Hair Removal, Fraxel and others.

Edited by Bowlforthedog

Bad hair transplants have existed for as long as this industry has existed, and they certainly exist today. It is the elephant in the room that I can't help thinking this forum is trying to pretend is not there.

Wylie,

If we were trying to sweep hair transplant repair cases under the carpet, we wouldn't allow any discussion of it on our forum. One of the primary reasons this community exists is to enable patients to research and find the best surgeons so they don't end up becoming repair cases. Howevever, we're perfectly aware that repair cases exist, both from old school work and outdated work today. This community is a brilliant resource for men and women in need of repair work as well. In fact, we have a photo gallery on the Hair Transplant Network devoted to "hair transplant repairs". Click the link to view it.

I do appreciate your input and we will certainly consider the possibility of creating a separate section for repair cases. But there is no conspiracy to keep repair cases a secret, just as there is no conspiracy to prevent discussion of laser therapy even though we don't have a sub-section of our forum devoted to that either.

Best Regards,

Bill

Yes I agree that a dedicated section to repair strategy would be a benefit to the community. There are different strategies that can be employed for repair and it would help those of us in need to gather info. maybe a repair/scar revison section?