I just booked with Dr. Rahal

I'll be flying to Canada on Jan 2nd and having my procedure on Jan 3rd of 2013. I wish I didn't have to put it so far out in the future, as I want it NOW but I won't have enough time off work until then. I'm completely stoked, it was a tough decision on who to go to but some of the Rahal results we've been seeing here lately are simply mind blowing.

And of course I will be documenting my whole experience here on the forum as I feel obligated to give back after getting so much valuable information here from everyone. I feel lucky to have found this place when you see just how big the disparity is between the few truly great HT doctors out there versus all of the others.

Great choice Gandolf and keep us posted with your progress.

What procedure are you having and how many grafts?

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Great choice Gandolf and keep us posted with your progress.

What procedure are you having and how many grafts?

I'm doing a strip procedure into the hairline and have been quoted 2400 grafts, although I'm open to the idea of doing more than that if Dr. Rahal recommends it after seeing me in person.

Good Luck Gandolf.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Congrats Gandolf! Would love to hear about your progress when you get it done. What areas are you focusing on?
I'm focusing on the hairline, specifically the corners of the hairline as that's the main area of my hairloss. I have another thread somewhere on here where I posted my pictures.

Forelock has been pretty resistant by the look of it and hopefully it stays the way.

I wouldn't have know you were balding with your hair brushed forward, only when it is brushed back and I can see why you want that sorted.

Bit of a long wait for you until January but best of luck.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Forelock has been pretty resistant by the look of it and hopefully it stays the way.

I wouldn't have know you were balding with your hair brushed forward, only when it is brushed back and I can see why you want that sorted.

Bit of a long wait for you until January but best of luck.

Yeah I've only receded a tiny amount in the front-middle, it's the corners that are killing me and my hair is very straight and fine and the few styles I could pull off are all impossible now due to the recession in that area.

I know there are many people here with worse hairloss that will look at my before pictures and tell me I don't need any work done, but this has affected my life in a big way and Dr. Rahal has many pictures of guys my age with similar hairloss who come out of surgery looking amazing so I see no reason not to move forward.

Nice. Don't fret the distant date. In fact, why don't you use the extra time for some scalp exercises. Get the laxity up for your day with a premium doc.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group