HT procedure with Dr Humayun Mohmand - 29th May 2012

It's so sad, because its likely the patient was introduced to this surgeon through this forum and the Hair Restoratiom Networks recommendation.

How can you recommend this surgeon to people? The doctor doesn't even answer follow up questions for patient. I'm baffled.

I sympathize with you, Aramis. I, too, am dealing with weirdly angled hairs, as well as multiple unit hair grafts in the hairline.

I would like to know if others think what Daska writes is correct in regards to hair angles improving by molding to the direction of combing:

The other issues like the angle of few grafts and acne on donor area can also be resolved in next session. Usually, once there is growth of all hair. The hair tends to get mold with the parting style as you had to comb them from left to right.

Dear Aramis

I am not sure how much the forum will understand the risks in hair transplant and the statistics of less then satisfactory outcome.

generally anything around 98% is thought to be a great achievement, YES, it should be 100% but I really wonder how many of the doctors in the forum can claim to have 100% great results, at least I cannot and probably will never do, there is always reason either explainable or non-explainable for less than expected results.

I have been with the forum for now almost since the inception of the forum and have posted numerous results and I am not sure but I have more than 2500 patients from UK and I feel you would have been also referred from one of them. of those 2500 patients I have almost 98 to 99% very happy patients and if you see my performance in ISHRS, I have presented so many lectures with best technique award and surgeon of the month etc.

anyway, coming to your point, Shahid discussed every thing with you and He discussed the case with me and I want to encourage them to be active in the forum.

What ever they say are sort of my words, having said this let me say NO doctor would ever like that his results are bad, we work hard but there are so many variables that can be effected in a surgery. I am not giving an excuse but All I am saying is we always try our best.

Now your request of refund,

The policy that we hold is, we always give a complimentary surgery for less than 50% of the outcome, the reason is, there is always some profit in one procedure and all we do is change that profit into overheads and compensate the patient.

What I told Shahid is to make you an exception and would refund the profit part of the surgery in terms of cash or will do a full fledge complimentary surgery with a couple of days stay included.

I would leave this to you to choose between the two and I hope that this will to some extent address your concern though as a patient and doctor myself, I know nothing in world can be enough for the disappointment of the results.

If the forum wants, I know my capabilities and I know with a given number of grafts and baldness there aren't many doctors who can give as much an illusion as I can..... I take pride in my work and I will always be there for my patients in every way.

once again, sorry for not coming up to your satisfaction

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

Dr. Mohmand is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

A refund would definitely be warranted in this case. It was a poor result! I think that is an appropriate response/action Dr. Mohmand. It's nice to see your flexibility in breaking your normal refund policy, and hopefully this makes it somewhat right in the eyes of Aramis. Thanks for responding publically to these forums, doctor!!!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Dear Dr Humayun,

Thankyou for publicly responding to this forum, although I wished you were more communicative on a personal level, i.e. by email or telephone. This would have helped in restoring some confidence I may have lost in you.

I acknowledge there are many, many people who speak highly of you as an individual and surgeon. I was recommended by a colleague who has had great results with you and another who has had satisfactory results, great scar line visibility, but a few issues regarding recurring cysts.

My experience at HTI was excellent, but results not upto par. During that time, I have recommended quite a few people to you, some of who went onto have surgery at your clinic. I have their PM's.

I will be contacting Shahid shortly, so that we can bring a closure to this. Thankyou for your support Dr Humayun, this time round.

Hey this is a case of very poor yield whatever the reason, it is unfortunate this patient lost donor but it is good to see the doctor stand by his work and offer a refund. In my opinion if the percent of non-gowers is truly 2% like most clinics claim, every clinic should offer 100% refund in the case of a true failure.

Aramis and Dr. Mohmand,

I agree with everyone's assessment of the result and I'm glad you two came to a solution that is satisfactory to everyone. At the end of the day, I know we all want the same thing - which is the best result possible for patients.

Dr. Mohmand, consultants are great, but sometimes patients need to hear from their doctor, especially when they have concerns about their procedure. Thus, I encourage you to be more available and communicate with your patients directly when possible.

If there is anything else I can do to help, please let me know.

Best wishes,

Bill

Jinglealltheway,

I understand your concerns but the reality is, every physician has cases of less than optimal results. Dr. Mohmand has been presenting examples of his results each month and has had dozens of satisfied patients share their experience and photos on this community. While there have been a few documented cases of poor growth or patient posted concerns, it's my assessment that the positives outweighs the negatives.

At this time, I still genuinely believe that Dr. Mohmand performs high quality follicular unit hair transplantation and stands behind his patients if/when the result isn't optimal.

Thank you for sharing your concern,

Bill

I have to say I was disappointed in the result and lack of comms from the Dr but his final response has given me hope again. I'd always thought I'd use Dr Humayan when I can finally afford the treatment with time and money because I often visit Pakistan and its A LOT cheaper than UK/Europe.

My cousin recently had his HT performed in Lahore by a non network surgery so I'm waiting for his results before I make judgement ;)

• 4 weeks later...

dont be stupid, when i was traveling to Karachi to get HT, The contact Person told me the same that you can come anytime,Dr Humayun can come to Karachi to perform HT, but when i was there, you will see reality, they will not even ask you glass of water, no water in toilet even,

they will ask you to pay some deposit to book HT and balance payment before surgery.they will never ask you now as you are not there.

i have been there once and i dont have good experience with Dr Faisal. They dont have enough tech to graft a hair on your scalp. even they dont count how many grafts have been transplanted. end of Surgery they will tell you approximately around 2800 to 3000. its 100% confirm that they dont count anything , they just charge base on idea.

you will be served with one glass of orange juice and simple sandwich .

you will never get good density with one HT, even they can because they do not want or any other doctor in PAK who do lots of advertisement they never let their client got with one HT, you must be 2-3 HT to get good result

Yes, I am serious. I guess anyone travelling thousands of miles to get a HT, is not going to be a 'timewaster'. The Karachi clinic might have a different policy. I have no relation to Dr Humayun or any of his staff whatsoever (lol).

Jinglealltheway,

I understand your concerns but the reality is, every physician has cases of less than optimal results. Dr. Mohmand has been presenting examples of his results each month and has had dozens of satisfied patients share their experience and photos on this community. While there have been a few documented cases of poor growth or patient posted concerns, it's my assessment that the positives outweighs the negatives.

At this time, I still genuinely believe that Dr. Mohmand performs high quality follicular unit hair transplantation and stands behind his patients if/when the result isn't optimal.

Thank you for sharing your concern,

Bill

Do you guys actually travel to these overseas clinics to see them for yourselves?

dont be stupid, when i was traveling to Karachi to get HT, The contact Person told me the same that you can come anytime,Dr Humayun can come to Karachi to perform HT, but when i was there, you will see reality, they will not even ask you glass of water, no water in toilet even,

they will ask you to pay some deposit to book HT and balance payment before surgery.they will never ask you now as you are not there.

i have been there once and i dont have good experience with Dr Faisal. They dont have enough tech to graft a hair on your scalp. even they dont count how many grafts have been transplanted. end of Surgery they will tell you approximately around 2800 to 3000. its 100% confirm that they dont count anything , they just charge base on idea.

you will be served with one glass of orange juice and simple sandwich .

you will never get good density with one HT, even they can because they do not want or any other doctor in PAK who do lots of advertisement they never let their client got with one HT, you must be 2-3 HT to get good result

KARACHI IS THE SCARIEST PLACE ON EARTH!!!!!!! Why would anyone get a HT there? Oh my god. Is humayouns clinic really in Karachi?? If so. Is the hairrestorationnetwork recommending patients go to Karachi for a hair transplant? I am still baffled at some of the decisions this network makes. While I love this place for its community feel, where real patients and prospective pAtients can interact and share info. However I do not take ANY of the official hairrestorationnetwork doctor recommendations seriously.

i had travel to Karachi and i had HT with Dr Humayun Clinic so far not happy with the result. and after consultation with some surgeon in hong kong and china all told me that my first HT grafts seem to be less than 2000 but person who is in charge there he told me that they transplanted 2800 graft.

now after 5 months HT, i can see that less grafts were transplanted but i still wait 5 to 7 more months to make sure that i am right or wrong.

as Bill mentioned he is also right but Bill dose not know anything about Pakistan because he just look at doctor education level,experience and Dr Humayun himself he is very nice person but as he is human being he unable to monitor all clinic in different city.

past 5 years or more there is a Trend in Pakistan to charge more and put less graft so client come back again for 2nd surgery.

now its become regular practise especially those who do lots of advertisement, clinic in different city they are all involved.

there is many still getting HT with unknown doctor in Pak who have just one clinic in one city and had done many many transplants.as HT is JOB of doctor who have rich expreriance and had dealt with lots of cases.

if doctor is plastic surgeon but dose not have much experience he is useless in this field

Do you guys actually travel to these overseas clinics to see them for yourselves?

KARACHI IS THE SCARIEST PLACE ON EARTH!!!!!!! Why would anyone get a HT there? Oh my god. Is humayouns clinic really in Karachi?? If so. Is the hairrestorationnetwork recommending patients go to Karachi for a hair transplant? I am still baffled at some of the decisions this network makes. While I love this place for its community feel, where real patients and prospective pAtients can interact and share info. However I do not take ANY of the official hairrestorationnetwork doctor recommendations seriously.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Bash,

will you please update me with your Cousin result,i also knew some guys who had surgery with some Non Surgeon, much cheaper , and they are very happy with the result

I have to say I was disappointed in the result and lack of comms from the Dr but his final response has given me hope again. I'd always thought I'd use Dr Humayan when I can finally afford the treatment with time and money because I often visit Pakistan and its A LOT cheaper than UK/Europe.

My cousin recently had his HT performed in Lahore by a non network surgery so I'm waiting for his results before I make judgement ;)

• 6 months later...
I am still baffled at some of the decisions this network makes. While I love this place for its community feel, where real patients and prospective patients can interact and share info., I do not take ANY of the official hairrestorationnetwork doctor recommendations seriously.

I can't disagree with this, however, it should be just one resource in your search for a doctor. In the end, it's your hair and cosmetic appearance at stake. You have to do your diligence in researching your doctor and not go solely on the recommendation of this forum or any one source.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

• 3 months later...