Deciding on a clinic

Hello,

I've been surfing the net on hair restoration for a little over a year. I think it's time for me get involved in a couple of the forums that I feel are good because im really ready to get my hair sorted.

I'm UK based but through my research so far I've narrowed my selection of clinics to 3 top clinics in north America that keep showing consistent results. Everyone keeps saying its the place to go.

What other facts helped you decide which clinic to go to.

A little about me, I'm in my early 40's. I've been on Propecia for several years. I've also been using Regaine foam for the past year. I believe my hair loss has stabilized to a certain extent. I`ve been doing scalp exercises twice a day religiously. I take saw palmetto and other supplements. I'm doing everything I can to keep my native hairs. If you can share other remedies with me, please do so. I'll upload my pics soon. I am sending my pics to my top choices. Will let you all know how I get on.

Thanks for reading.

When you are talking about the top clinics/surgeons, you really just need to go with who you are the most comfortable with. At that level, you are getting the best skilled surgeons and staff, so one is not better than the other.....Also, remember that most people on here have only been to one clinic. You will get a lot of opinions on who is the best, but there is no one best surgeon or clinic. So my advice to you is have your consultations and go with who you feel best about for you and your situation. You won't go wrong when choosing among the best. That is the way I chose my surgeon/clinic.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Thank you for sharing your story and keeping us updated! Care to share the names of the clinics you're considering?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

. The #1 concern for me is naturalness and density has a lot to do with that. I don't just want a bunch of hair packed into my hairline though, it has to be so natural that my camera, or anyone else's, won't be able to pick it out as being placed by man rather than by mother nature.

I am interested in who you have picked as your top three. I have my own ideas but it would be nice to compare notes.

That was my concern as well. Dr. Umar filled in my hairline, and it is undetectable as an HT. He goes to great length to assure natural looking results. This takes great skill and artistic ability. You are not looking for quantity, but quality. You want a surgeon who only does one HT at a time, not two or three at once.

Good luck,

Atticus

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

I assume you probably know of Spex as you have been reading the forums but if not, contact Spex. He works as a consultant for Dr. Feller but will give you honest, impartial advice and knows absolutely loads about hairloss. Personally it helped me a lot meeting someone in person along with the online consultations I had.

It seems like most people have their short list of fav doctors.

Mine happen to be H&W, Shapiro Group, and Rahal. All for obvious reasons that they produce the most natural work and their patients rave about them. Once I hear back from the clinics with the price and graft numbers I`ll be in a position to make my choice.

911fan, who are your choices?

It sounds like we have the same goal of achieving naturalness above all else. Good luck to you whatever you decide.

They are all good choices Armstrong, cannot go wrong with any you have listed.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I agree with Atticus, please make sure that the surgeon you choose does only one HT at a time. I ended up with the similar issue. My doctor did around 3 to 4 HT on the particular day. Eventually, the doctors focus was more on making money than on the HT. One more suggestion, the patient educators/doctors offers discounts indicating that ' you would be eligible for discount on the fees' if you choose this particular date. Stay away from these tactics.

Good Luck.

Of the three great clinics noted above, H&W, Shapiro Group & Rahal, how do they differ in there approach in performing HT in regards to hairlines, density, fine scares, etc?

Definitely Dr. Konoir over Dr. Cooley if I was in your place. Dr. Konoir work is amazing and as good as Rahal or Shapiro or Feller or H&W. He has a lot of results posted in section of clinics in HTN.

My Top choices in North America are the following:-

1) Rahal- Ottawa

2) H&W- Vancouver

3) Ron Shapiro- Minnesota

4) Feller- NY

5) Konoir- Chicago

Good luck.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Both Dr. Cooley and Dr. Konair are good doctors. Many people have opinion only based on seeing photos online and never actually meeting a person live. Although photos do show an important aspect the quality of the photos and types of angles are all different with all doctors. High definition video is important because not only its as realistic as you are going to get without meeting the person but in many cases the video is not as flattering as meeting a person live.

Good luck on your decison.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson