i have read about BHT body hair transplant and i think there is something simialr or the same with a different name anyway.

i have been researching transplants of all kinds for months and woud like to know opinions on this option?

does the hair grow back like body hair or head hair i really havent heard to many peoples thoughts on this type of transplant?

i find it strange and am not considering it but would like to hear about people that have considered it or any info on it really as a surgeon i know offers it and really just like to hear what you think on body hair on head?

thanks

Every case I've seen in person where body hair was put on a patient's head looked like body hair was put on the patient's head. Period. It does not take on the characteristics of head hair once transplanted to the head. The only thing I have seen is that it can grow longer on the scalp. As Dr. Charles said, and I've said for a long time, BHT should only be used in rare cases. Those would be when the traditional donor zone on the scalp is simply depleted or in difficult repair cases or both. BHT should never be used on a virgin scalp but unfortunately some patients have had this done.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I agree with Jotronic. It should be used only for scars and sometimes on the crown IF the scalp donor is depleted. But Hairline! Nooo Waaaay.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]