Dr Bisanga 1301 fue to hairline

aj29

hi mate

Thanks for posting the pics showing the first weeks of recovery - I think my hairloss situation is similar to what yours was, I can currently disguise the recession but if I buzzed my hair it'd be noticeable. I'm also considering Bisanga.

One of my main worries about a transplant is the amount of time it takes before I can get away with looking 'normal' again.

Can i ask - have you shaved your head again since the op? Or do the pics show 5 weeks of growth? It's so long ago since I last buzzed my hair down that I really can't remember how long it takes to grow to a decent length that could feasibly cover the transplanted area.

Cheers!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you took a wise decision avoiding UK and going to Belgium.both Bisanga & Feriduni are great surgeons and both use manual tools.I've heard about other good ones in Belgium but I'm not too familiar with their work.I did a HT in UK and it was a poor experience I wouldn't undergo a HT or any cosmetic surgery in UK even if they pay me.I've seen so many poor results, HT and other cosmetic surgeries done in the UK.

Hi dan

No I haven't shaved my head so the pics are 5 weeks of growth

The pic on your avatar looks like u have a great hairline I know pictures can be deceiving

But it does look solid,if u feel u need to do a Ht thats up to the individual I guess.but I'd avoid strip at your stage, I almost had a strip and thinking about it now it was a stupid idea for such a small number of grafts to be considering having a linear strip scar.I underestimated the impact on my life the recovery would have it really Zapps your confidence walking around with the after affects of a Ht I cannot wait to have a couple of inches of hair to style

Hi Aj,

I was wondering - why did you decide to only fully shave your head after you had the procedure done? Wouldn't it have been easier to conceal had you not shaved your head (seeing as you didn't shave it for the procedure itself)?

I agree with AJ, scar is a pain in the ass especially if the person is perfectionist. There will be a day when the patient cant be longer able to restore all of his hair in a certain age with a certain level of NW. What you see on the net is only one year post op but you wont imagine how would you look like when the final balding process ends. When AJ decided to do FUE he has a point which is to shave his head to look normal and good rather than looking weird with head of hair and balding spots because of being hesistant to show the scar to public and start looking weird. A person should always think how would he look like 10 years ahead especially if he isnt ready to take the finasteride.

Alix, i agree with you too, Motorized FUE tool in my opinion is very commercial, big risk of damaging the graft, many top clinic are using it to save time, dollars and efforts. All top FUE surgeon are using manual extraction devices like Lorenzo, Bisanga and Feriduni. Dr. Feriduni was using motorized tool and he found its not good enough so he went back to manual to achieve better results and patient satisfaction. I would never have a FUE session with motorized tool at all whether its motorized rotating punch or powered SAFE system..etc. Unfortunately most of North American docs are using them these days to meet the demand of the HT market, motorized FUE tools offer the ability to remove 500 – 700 grafts per hour, whereas manual punch grafts allow surgeons to remove around 200 – 300 grafts per hour. Its about production and time saving but not about quality.

"With using motorized FUE tool, HT doctors can't feel what's going on as well and may end up with more transections. Also that the motorized drill may generate heat which could be bad for the grafts" "Some types of work require slow and meticulous attention to detail like an artist with a small paint brush. Sure it takes longer but I don’t think you can compare it to the painter with a spray gun". :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

aj,

Congratulations on your procedure with Dr. Bisanga, and best of luck with it.

I've always been impressed with Dr. Bisanga's FUE extraction patterns. He really spreads them out well. I notice in your case that he only extracted from the rear and right side of your head, leaving the entire left side untouched. Can you explain why he chose to extract in this manner?

Thanks,

z

Hi z I think it was because it was such a small procedure he felt it wise to not touch the left side Im happy really as it means that can be used if I need a further procedure in future years.maybe I wouldn't have this shockloss though if the extraction had been spread but it's a case of short term misery for long term results and better donor manegment

Hi Aj29,

Is the reason Bisanga left your hair long during the op to aid the 'design process'?

How much time did you take off work and has anyone noticed you had a HT?

I think your result will be great as you chose well.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Hi Matt

Thats right he insisted on leaving it long to aid with the placement he said it was so he could see the direction of the hairs.

I took a month of work , my problem was that I disguised my receding hairline really well so preop that it was a shock to people seeing me with my recession exposed, I told everyone that I went on a stag night and as a practical joke someone put hair removal cream on my head, that's how I've explained the redness and the shockloss

• 2 months later...

Hey rich frog,on a different post I was advised to speak to you about travelling to Belgium,I'm looking at having fue and believe you visited a few surgeons out there,was wondering if you could message me with your findings and opinions on where u visited and if you went a head with any? Many thanks m8,

Hey guys sorry for the delay in posting I've been really busy with work lately.well the shockloss has finally cleared up just as Stephen Ar bhr said it would at times I was very low having a bald patch on the side of my head that I had to keep applying my wife's brown eye shadow to conceal.the growth has started and although it's still very early days I'm quite optimistic about my expected result.the next 3 months will be very exciting.I'm now able to style my hair again partly because my native has grown back but my new hair are making a difference even if just reducing the contrast o my scalp.the early growths are around 1cm long now.so far so good and Im really glad at this stage I went through with it ,I think when my grafts fully grow in and the density increases I'm gonna be very pleased.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys sorry for the delay in posting I've been really busy with work lately.well the shockloss has finally cleared up just as Stephen Ar bhr said it would at times I was very low having a bald patch on the side of my head that I had to keep applying my wife's brown eye shadow to conceal.the growth has started and although it's still very early days I'm quite optimistic about my expected result.the next 3 months will be very exciting.I'm now able to style my hair again partly because my native has grown back but my new hair are making a difference even if just reducing the contrast o my scalp.the early growths are around 1cm long now.so far so good and Im really glad at this stage I went through with it ,I think when my grafts fully grow in and the density increases I'm gonna be very pleased.

Hi aj29, I am basically in the same position you were before your transplant. Same age, same hairline. I am having HT with Dr. DR. Feriduni in November, for between 1200-1400 grafts for the hairline and am planning to drive the whole way like you did.

I was really hoping you could provide some update pics so I can know what to expect when I get to your point. Also I was wondering if not shaving your head after the procedure would have been doable? was there any shaving at the hairline through your procedure?

My idea is that I can just cover up with a hat until the donor area grows out a bit then get a haircut to blend the donor area in to the rest of the hair. This way the hair on top can be used to cover the hairline area earlier rather than having to wait for it to grow out like you have.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Guys, I thought id let u all know how im getting on

Well at this stage im pretty happy with how things are turning out.I can style my hair so easily now i no longer need to use any toppik.My face is framed and it has improved my overall feeling of hapiness more than i thought possible, my confidence has improved and i feel great.The only negative really is that i cant stop looking at my hair in the mirror it just doesnt seem like me staring back. I had receeded temples from 19 and hair loss really did limit my enjoyment of life throught my twenties,i wish now id had a procedure 5 years ago.

the pics are 10 weeks(ish) post op and 5 months 11 days ,some pics are dry with wax and the other ones are wet from the shower and combed back to expose the hair line ,if you want anymore pics just ask and im happy to provide.

Also im happy to meet any potential Dr Bisanga patients im from the midlands in the uk, so they can see the work in the flesh and see just how natural it looks

5b32d48ae10bd_10weekspostop.jpg.e9538ccff793556cd3d5ca1327dc3af2.jpg

5b32d48b0244c_Picture004.jpg.f8fa899ebb6e2b14c4196eefcfbcfec0.jpg

5b32d48b2dc1c_Picture006.jpg.9cc5f5ea8f20ad4de3c25d640a477a2c.jpg

5b32d48b40b08_Picture005.jpg.5199fd7a6a5f69a0f35fc86be56ba36b.jpg

5b32d48b563b0_Picture007.jpg.997ced3838d1e3aa3ddc77f22554490f.jpg

5b32d48ad0d19_Picture001.jpg.5bb7f65b9057fbdfc4c7ee3c75e34176.jpg

:):)Thanks

and yeah im pretty thrilled mate i couldnt have imagined id get a result like this. My mate had two pretty poor yeilding ops so i was quite sceptical about the whole ht industry.In hindsight knowing that my yeild has been great so far i would have been less conservative and lowered a little further, it just means ill be back to brussels in a year for no2,I dont really need to but i feel that ive done the hard part so why not seek perfection and have my dream hairline.

But ive gotta say Dr Bisanga is a really ethical honest doctor he had my approval to prior to place as many grafts as needed but he also took a conservative approach to my design rarther than maximise the extractions and increase my costs, to be fair i had quite a large area and only 1300 grafts taking that into account hes worked magic in my opinion.

Edited by aj29

Thanks Chrisdav

Your looks great too, did you notice any further improvement after month 5? I'm just wandering if ill get any more hairs shooting or if it will just be a case of the hairs i have thickening up and maturingl