Photo as Requested

the_bald_reality_2012,

I hear ya. I can understand where you're coming from and the frustration you feel. I met with a few charlatans and I still feel dirty for even having talked with them. And yes, this HT stuff can be a slippery slope where one is constantly chasing something that is ultimately elusive. And yes, I agree that self esteem and acceptance should come from within and not stem from the amount of hair one has or the clothes one wears or the car one drives, etc. But it's not quite as black and white as you make it out to be. My experience with Dr. Konior was excellent. He was straight up with me about expectations and what could and could not be achieved and he was in the room almost the entire time for both of my procedures. Do I have the hair of a 20 year old now? Nope. But did my HTs meet my expectations? Nope. They far exceeded them in my case. And I have posted my pics and my experience below. For me, I definitely made the right choice and wouldn't change anything. I'd be OK with being bald as I'm in great physical shape, have a lot of friends and know that in the big picture, hair is really nothing. But I did my homework, had my expectations in line with reality and pulled the trigger and it worked out for me with very little fuss at all. Maybe I'm just one of the few lucky ones, but I don't think so. I've seen too many good results.

That said, I've seen plenty of horror stories too and concede that if that had been my experience, then I'd probably be writing the same things you are. In any case, I think its good that all experiences - the good, the bad, and the ugly - are expressed here so people contemplating HTs get the full spectrum of this HT business. Then they can make up their own minds. So thanks for your input and thanks for being civil as well. Cheers.

Tao

I have read your blog and your results look amazing. I noticed though that the pics of the 2nd HT are kind of blurry and only 7 months out. Is there any way you would be kind enough to post a few updated pics? Thank you!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi hdude46,

Thanks for the compliment. Yeah, those pics are a little blurry as my camera isn't great. I can try again and post some current photos. Let's see, I'm almost two years out now from my second HT so I think it would indeed be helpful to post current pics. I'm basically unchanged from those 7 mos. photos and still very happy. Of course, I have hair greed and would love to have a little more density in the crown, but that is the black hole region and maybe no matter how many transplants I had, I'd never fully be satisfied. I just wanted some coverage over the glaring dome and I certainly got that. From straight on, I don't look like I'm balding at all. From a helicopter view, I look like a 45 year-old man with some thinning going on in back. Pretty much like most of my friends my age. I can live with that. If I came into a bunch of money, I'd consider a third procedure, but for now I've spent enough and have other financial priorities. Like I've said before, I accomplished what I set out to and the effect on my life has been nothing but positive.

I'll try to get some updated pics up soon.

Edited by Tao

Hi hdude46,

Thanks for the compliment. Yeah, those pics are a little blurry as my camera isn't great. I can try again and post some current photos. Let's see, I'm almost two years out now from my second HT so I think it would indeed be helpful to post current pics. I'm basically unchanged from those 7 mos. photos and still very happy. Of course, I have hair greed and would love to have a little more density in the crown, but that is the black hole region and maybe no matter how many transplants I had, I'd never fully be satisfied. I just wanted some coverage over the glaring dome and I certainly got that. From straight on, I don't look like I'm balding at all. From a helicopter view, I look like a 45 year-old man with some thinning going on in back. Pretty much like most of my friends my age. I can live with that. If I came into a bunch of money, I'd consider a third procedure, but for now I've spent enough and have other financial priorities. Like I've said before, I accomplished what I set out to and the effect on my life has been nothing but positive.

I'll try to get some updated pics up soon.

Tao,

Thanks your for responding so soon. Like you said your hair looks awesome. Would love to see some clearer up to date pics if you could. That would be helpful. It doesn't appear like the bald spot in your crown is that big. Has Dr. Konior indicated how much donor hair you have left? If you ever got that filled in it would like you never lost a hair in your life. I'm also curious how most of your friends, male and female, view hairloss. Has it changed from when you were younger?

Edited by hdude46

Any comments from the last pic I posted? Curious on what others thought of my results. I turned the flash off and suppored the camera with my hand against the wall to control the camera so the pic was clearer.

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

364 three and four hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro November 18, 2009

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro July 1, 2011

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

Yeah, I was hoping after 9,000 grafts and four surgeries it would look better than okay but oh well. I tried Topik and Dermatch. Both are terrible. It looks fake, is messy and makes my hair look extreemly dull.

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

364 three and four hair grafts