too conservative

attak

just had my first HT 1760 grafts to my hairline. Im 29 1/2 years old. Have a really high receding hairline but because it still has desent thickness i have been able to cover it up by combing it in a caesar style haircut.

anyways im one day post op and am looking at the new grafts, and they are still way too high. I Will have to contine to comb it the same way. my doctor was really great and is highly respected on this forum. i just feel like it is pointless for someone my age to have an ht if they are going to have the hairline of a 50 year old. I will be speaking to my doctor next week when i have my satures removed and speak to him about this. I Realise he is looking out for my best interests for the long term but i just feel like i would rather just shave my head then have a terrible hairline anways. my donor area is quite good and i feel like another 1000 grafts to my hairline would make it exceptable.

just wondering if anyone else on here has experienced the same issues with there ht, and was looking for some advice.

I'm not quite understanding what you are saying. During your pre-op consult when the doctor was designing your hairline none of this came up or did the doc simply refuse to do what you wanted? The problem of miscommunication seems to come up quite a bit between doc and patient. The good news is that the doctor, for whatever reason, erred on the side of caution and since you have good donor available you can be more aggressive on your next procedure.

1700 grafts on a virgin scalp is at the very low end of the spectrum. Does this particular doc not do larger sessions or was a larger session discussed?

i guess the plan was to save more for a later procedure do to my age..29. as someone with little experience with ht's when i saw the preop design i guess it looked a little more appealing than what i see now, which is only one day post op. i realize that i still have alot of doner left, and maybe the final result will look better. its just that this has been a very taxing experience, with getting time off work and spending a large ammount of money. guess my expectations were just a little too high. i was just wondering if anyone else had experienced a similar let down.

When the hairline has just been put in, it looks high up, once the hair grows, it'll look at least a cm lower unless you brush your hair back exposing the line.

The doctor may feel that you may have aggressive loss in the future & wants to reserve grafts. He could easily add another 1k, at the end of the day it's more money for him.

The pre-op would have showed you where the line was going to be placed anyway.

Put some pics up when you get chance.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

i guess the plan was to save more for a later procedure do to my age..29. as someone with little experience with ht's when i saw the preop design i guess it looked a little more appealing than what i see now, which is only one day post op. i realize that i still have alot of doner left, and maybe the final result will look better. its just that this has been a very taxing experience, with getting time off work and spending a large ammount of money. guess my expectations were just a little too high. i was just wondering if anyone else had experienced a similar let down.

Give it time, I think maybe you are just shocked at how you look a few days post op. Give things time to heal up and grow in and then make a judgment on how you feel. I think many of us second guess ourselves after the procedure and think "man what have I done?" Once your hair starts to grow I think many of your doubts will fade away. Feel confident in the knowledge that your surgeon didn't go overboard and give you an unrealistic hairline because that is something that is a pain in the ass to fix.

Post some pics if you can, I bet things aren't half as bad as you think. Hang in there!

thanks for the encouraging replies everyone. I will get my post op pics from my doctor and post them. I will add some preop pics to my profile. but they will just be pics that i had on fb, nothing focused just on my hair. anyways i think i should give it time to grow in and then make a decision.

just to reiterate i have absolutely no problems with my docoter. he was was great throughout the entire procedure, i just think that he took a concervative approach in my best interest, but being someone a little bit younger i was hoping for something that would return me to my glory days or atleast something close to it :)

i will post a few pics of myslef within the last 6-8 months. wearing a ton of hairspray and combed forward lol.