Need Consultation in Chicago area

tomdez

Can anyone recommend an excellent doctor or practice in the Chicago area with whom I can get a first consultation on my hair loss? Preferably a recommendation based on personal experience rather than heresay. At this point I dont know which is a better alternative for me, transplant or restoration (drugs). So I guess my consultation should be with someone who does both? I would think that if I went to someone who does exclusively transplants, he would be pushing transplants. I want unbiased advice.

Thanks

tomdez,

Welcome! Please allow me to direct you this listing of hair transplant surgeons we recommend in Illinois.

To learn about our criteria for recommending physicians, click here.

Regarding medical hair loss treatments, Most hair restoration physicians highly recommend that their patients medically stabilize their hair loss with Propecia (finasteride) and Rogaine (minoxidil) in conjunction with hair transplant surgery. These are seen as complementary treatments rather than alternatives.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hi Tomdez, I've had three H.T. strip surgeries with Dr. Panine over the past three years. Dr. Panine is not only a great H.T. physician, but he truly cares about his patients. His staff are wonderful (see comments to 4johnybravo) Please read my personnel experience with Dr. Panine @ No Pain With Doctor Panine. I truly believe, Dr. Panine will provide you with an excellent experience, outstanding results, at a competitive price. He's the Real Deal-Good luck marcushair.

Edited by marcushair