Bi-racial African American looking to use FUE

I'm looking to possibly use FUE to thicken my hairline and bring my temples in closer.

I've done alot of research on FUE and know it's difficult to extract African-Americans' hair, but it yields great results because of darker skin creates an illusion of density and also less graphs have to be used since naturally African-American hair density isn't as thick as a Caucasians'.

I'm bi-racial (Caucasian and African-American) and my hair tends to grow fairly straight compared to the usual African-American hair type.

The reason I want to do FUE is because I do not want to have a donor scar because I wear my hair fairly short. Never longer then a 2-guard against the grain and the healing process is miraculous. Also if preferred can doctors give you general anesthesia as oppose to local anesthesia. I'd like to be knocked out during the whole procedure.

Traveling within the U.S. wouldn't be a problem, but who are some of the better doctors at dealing with African-American hair transplants.

I'm looking to possibly use FUE to thicken my hairline and bring my temples in closer.

I've done alot of research on FUE and know it's difficult to extract African-Americans' hair, but it yields great results because of darker skin creates an illusion of density and also less graphs have to be used since naturally African-American hair density isn't as thick as a Caucasians'.

I'm bi-racial (Caucasian and African-American) and my hair tends to grow fairly straight compared to the usual African-American hair type.

The reason I want to do FUE is because I do not want to have a donor scar because I wear my hair fairly short. Never longer then a 2-guard against the grain and the healing process is miraculous. Also if preferred can doctors give you general anesthesia as oppose to local anesthesia. I'd like to be knocked out during the whole procedure.

Traveling within the U.S. wouldn't be a problem, but who are some of the better doctors at dealing with African-American hair transplants.

Hello,

FUE can be done very successfully even though it does present it's uniqueness which calls for high experiential skill. Our US Hair Restoration Centers are led by our medical director Dr. Mohebi. We could provide you with an initial virtual consult if you are far from that area. He his highly successful with FUE procedures and can performs test to predict the most likely level of success for you. The fact that your hair grows somewhat straighter is more likely to be advantageous to your overall success with the procedure. We welcome your contact to see how we can help.

All the Best, Michael James

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

I'm quarter Jamaican and rest English and have had fue but I virtually look like a white guy with frizzy curly hair you to me with regards to your hair look black but you should know best if it's like a proper Afro or not. Anyway with my fue surgery the extraction went well and the growth went well but like I say I look more whiter than you. If I was you I'd book in a small extraction test to see if you have the right hair for fue they'd only need to extract about ten random punches and they'll be able to see how your hair grows underneath mine is curly under the scalp but not too curly.

Hair transplants are not painful during surgery it's just painful that night but you can take strong painkillers.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

You can be virtually knocked out without having general anesthesia. The cost of the procedure would be significantly higher if a Anesthesiologist needed to be paid also. There are also some very serious risks when going under general anesthesia.

I am caucasian/middle eastern and I have very curly hair for a white-looking guy. I had FUE, however I was warned by the doctor that there is no way of telling if the follicle hair curls up underneath the skin without doing test extractions. Basically the way to find out is to have the doc do some test extractions. I would focus on going to a doctor experienced with FUE, rather than doc who's just experienced with African American hair.

Also, do not believe the hype about finasteride if you haven't tried it yet. I have been on Fin since 2000 and I've never had a sexual problem. In fact I came so hard into a girl last weekend I almost knocked her into the wall.

mdhugh2,

After reading through this thread, it appears then that this is your current pic in your posts. Please correct me if wrong. May I recommend that you also consider the extent of genetic hairloss in your family history. Now I surely understand your decision to not use finasteride but it is because of the ongoing loss that you must then plan around. Finasteride continues to be the most-effective hairloss medication available. The side-effects do not affect most men and you will never know until you try it as prescribed or at least consult with your doctor who may suggest a less frequent dosage.

If either side of your family history have men or women with "advanced classes" of hairloss, then you will need to come to terms with the scientific fact that you will never have enough donor hair to cover a lifetime of loss, as long as you choose to do this journey without hairloss meds. If your family history denoted the lowel classes of loss, then you have a much better outlook.

Your forehead is higher and larger so to lower your hairline would demand a large amount of available donor everytime you lower it by just 1 centimeter. It's the breadth of coverage that will eat up the graft count very quickly.

Now because of your lighter skin tone, I am assuming that you heal well without raised scarring (keloiding)? If you were dark-skinned, I would encourage you to get tested for it.

Best wished to you! ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY