Facial Hair Transplant

Santa

This post is to show the results of two facial hair transplants I had done by Dr. Jeffrey Epstein. Dr. Epstein transplanted 1,700 grafts in the first transplant, and an additional 1,500 in the second. I went from having a scraggly thin beard to having a first class beard. The procedures were nearly painless. I'd say completely painless but the shots to numb the donor and recipient area stung a little, but nothing bad at all. Dr. Epstein and his whole staff treated me like a king from the time I entered his office till days after the procedure. Dr. Epstein knows his profession and his results speak for themselves. I know I'm happy with my results.

I had my procedures done, first because I've always admired a good looking beard and have always wanted a nice beard too. Second, because I'm a professional Santa who visits with children in Hospice and various charity works, and if I'm going out as Santa to a child who is likely having their last Christmas in this life, I want to look and be as much like Santa as I can be. Yes, I also do paying jobs, but the ones that pay me the most are ones where the families NEED encouragement and something to ease their burdens, even if only for an hour or two. Thanks to Dr. Epstein and his expertise with hair transplantation, I can do this for the children.

I don't know how to add more than one picture, so I'll post the one that shows the results I've experienced after having my transplant procedures.

God bless, and feel free to contact me if you'd like to know more.

Santa Dewaine

5b32c7894c318_November_27_2008_048.thumb.JPG.46c519d042710a49c624ee42be7adac7.JPG

Santa,

There are several members of this community that deserve to be on your extra nice list for all their helpful contributions on our forum. Don't forget them next Christmas :-)

Well if your goal is to look like Santa, you've certainly accomplished your goals :-).

Congratulations on your thick beard and for spreading Christmas cheer to children worldwide.

Bill

Great looking beard you got there!

A couple questions for you Santa (hope you don't mind me saying that, I'd say you earned the name with your work, however)

1) Where is your donor? Was all your donor extracted from your scalp, or elsewhere?

2) If your scalp donor grew well on your face, do you think the opposite would be true as well, beard donor onto ones scalp?

Again, congrats on the beard! I see Dr. Epstein is becoming quite good at chest hair transplants and facial hair transplants.

2) If your scalp donor grew well on your face, do you think the opposite would be true as well, beard donor onto ones scalp?

wylie,

I understand what you are getting at, and the answer is that the characteristics of facial hair (coarseness and shape of hair follicle, etc.)are somewhat different to scalp hair and I believe (not entirely sure) that it is not advisable to transplant hair from the face to the scalp.

take care...

Originally posted by mmhce:

wylie,

I understand what you are getting at, and the answer is that the characteristics of facial hair (coarseness and shape of hair follicle, etc.)are somewhat different to scalp hair and I believe (not entirely sure) that it is not advisable to transplant hair from the face to the scalp.

The question of whether the facial hair is too coarse, or looks out of place in the scalp, has a very subjective answer. Whether or not it actually grows is, therefore, the more important question, as far as I'm concerned.

I will admit I have seen plenty of patients who have had it done and it looked good, at least to me. If scalp hair grows on the face, the reverse should also be true, and I believe it is.

I will admit I have seen plenty of patients who have had it done and it looked good, at least to me. If scalp hair grows on the face, the reverse should also be true, and I believe it is.

Then why did you ask to begin with, if you've had first hand eye witness exposure.

I have not had.

The important thing is that you are satisfied.

take care...

Originally posted by mmhce:

Then why did you ask to begin with, if you've had first hand eye witness exposure.

I have not had.

The important thing is that you are satisfied.

I've never seen it in person. And why did you give your opinion that beard to scalp is not a good idea if you dont know whether it isn't?

Cheers.

If your scalp donor grew well on your face, do you think the opposite would be true as well, beard donor onto ones scalp?

I will admit I have seen plenty of patients who have had it done and it looked good, at least to me.

I've never seen it in person. And why did you give your opinion that beard to scalp is not a good idea if you dont know whether it isn't?

You're confusing me.

You need to explain yourself clearer when writing.

I'll have to dig through my files to find the arguments against facial to scalp hair transplantation.

You're welcome to research the topic.

Again your satisfaction is what is important.

take care...

I have researched the topic, thats why I wanted the original poster's opinion on my question, considering they have personal experience with the end result (only from the opposite direction, so to speak) . Sorry for the confusion

• 4 years later...

Hi Santa

May I see your pictures before and after facial ht ? I have done also beard and mustache transplantation. I am very curious to see other people result as well. If anyone contact and share with me their story with result I will be very appreciated

Hi Santa

Can you please share your before and after pictures ? I have done also facial hair transplantation in Istanbul Adem&Havva Center with 3200 graft one session procedure. I am very curios to see other people story and result. I will be appreciated if you can share with us